THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Willy Wonka 3's.
Now just need those Different Breeds to hit disco!

IMG_20190707_091512.jpg

Don’t know if I can do it without Boost based on what has been said about Lightstrike. It’ll bottom out fast, have no bounce, etc. Wonder if it has anything to do with the lackluster sales in the Harden line, similar to how they switched from Boost to Bounce in the D Rose line.

Last edited:
It was used on the NxtLevel though...?

But isn't Lightstrike suppose to be more beneficial from a performance measure than Boost for basketball purposes? The same claims you've made about Lightstrike are the same things people tend to say happens to Boost over time. I haven't played, let alone set foot, in a Lightstrike model so I'll reserve my judgement until I've done so.

Yes it's very well possible that Lightstrike is a more economical means of tech but if it's effective then I seen no issue. If Lightstrike isn't well received I'm sure the Adidas faithful will let it be known.

I just find it hard to believe that Adidas would go to a minimalist regressive tech for a $200 million flagship athlete.

Last edited:
It was used on the NxtLevel though...?

Yea it was. But the NXTL3V3L wasn’t a signature model. Seems more like a flagship model; often times it’s better for a signature athlete to promote new tech as fans are familiar with them and they have a bigger market. The NXTL3V3L had a shorter lifespan in my opinion with limited colorways and not much promotion so the technology is still pretty new.

JS”

I mean if it’s a good cushioning then I’m rooting for it for sure, just hard to believe Boost is gone I guess. My Vol 2 Boost is still nice and thick and bouncy and provides great impact protection, but if Harden has tested the Lightstrike and gave it a thumbs up then I guess he likes it.

I've never noticed Boost bottoming out. I've got a pair of v.3's I wore for 6-8 months, and a pair i'd worn about 1 month before I went down with a knee injury. I'll try them both on and see if I notice any difference under foot. I have really high arches, so if it's true boost bottoms out I'll definitely be able to notice around the forefoot. Lunarlon, for example, is no match for my foot. Might as well have been barefoot after a few months in the Kobe 9.

I've never noticed Boost bottoming out. I've got a pair of v.3's I wore for 6-8 months, and a pair i'd worn about 1 month before I went down with a knee injury. I'll try them both on and see if I notice any difference under foot. I have really high arches, so if it's true boost bottoms out I'll definitely be able to notice around the forefoot. Lunarlon, for example, is no match for my foot. Might as well have been barefoot after a few months in the Kobe 9.

Are you under 175 pounds?

The only people that I know of that claim to have never felt boost bottom out are under 175.

Boost’s shelf life in my experience with regular play on the court is 4-5 months tops.

At first the boost is nice and bouncy, then it gradually loses that energy return, then you start to feel a half step slower because the energy return is completely gone. The impact protection remains but it’s just not the same.

Boost for basketball was fun, I’m completely over it though and have little to no interest in lightstrike.

The Boost In my v1s and CE16 lows definitely got denser and lower feeling after prolonged use. I wouldn’t say they felt like they bottomed out like lunarlon has for me in other shoes, but it is noticeable when compared to a fresh pair of each shoe. Maybe like a 20-25% reduction in bounce back and impact reduction. My V2s and V3s have held up much better with prolonged wear - maybe only a 10% reduction over the same time. Hoping Lightstrike holds up more like the Boost in my V2s and V3s.

The Boost In my v1s and CE16 lows definitely got denser and lower feeling after prolonged use. I wouldn’t say they felt like they bottomed out like lunarlon has for me in other shoes, but it is noticeable when compared to a fresh pair of each shoe. Maybe like a 20-25% reduction in bounce back and impact reduction. My V2s and V3s have held up much better with prolonged wear - maybe only a 10% reduction over the same time. Hoping Lightstrike holds up more like the Boost in my V2s and V3s.

This has been my experience as well in both pairs of my Vol 2s (one black lift off colorway and the other the blue midnight colorway). I’ve had them for 7 months now and play in my black pair more than the blue pair (the blue pair I save for carpet courts and occasionally will play on regular courts with them). The Boost has lost, at most, maybe 10% of its feel in thickness, impact protection, and bouncy feel.

I play 4 days a week (Monday-Thursday, using the black pair everyday except Thursday), and have been as of January and the Boost feels the same on both pairs.

The boast in the v2s is ridic looking, it overhangs so fat and is real fat

si3n4 si3n4 GREAT point - denser and lower feeling - exact same experience with vol1 and ce16. Have both and exact same experience.

Echoing this too. My CLB 16s and CE 17s are definitely more dense in the forefoot especially for the CE17s. The difference is really noticeable when I play in my Marquee Boosts which I've had for a few months.

Will be really disappointed if there's no more full length boost hoops shoes from adidas.

What's the fit like? Hearing these run long length wise?

V3's fit me true to size. More so than the any Harden I've had thus far. I have narrow feet and these things fit like a glove. Even heard of a few wide footers who prefer to size up. These running long or fitting loose should be the least of your worries though.

Are you under 175 pounds?

The only people that I know of that claim to have never felt boost bottom out are under 175.

Boost’s shelf life in my experience with regular play on the court is 4-5 months tops.

At first the boost is nice and bouncy, then it gradually loses that energy return, then you start to feel a half step slower because the energy return is completely gone. The impact protection remains but it’s just not the same.

Boost for basketball was fun, I’m completely over it though and have little to no interest in lightstrike.

Maybe what’s happening is you are getting used to the “feeling”

If you are a half step slower...it’s not the boost

Maybe what’s happening is you are getting used to the “feeling”

If you are a half step slower...it’s not the boost

I’m not literally a half step slower but I can feel that the boost’s rebound effect is less prominent and pronounced

. I’ve got tons of boost shoes. No disrespect but It’s what I said it is... I wasn’t asking, I was relaying my personal experience.

What's the fit like? Hearing these run long length wise?
TTS if you have a wide foot but half size down if you have a normal width foot and don't like a lot of dead space in front of your toes. I most certainly would not go a half size up.

TTS if you have a wide foot but half size down if you have a normal width foot and don't like a lot of dead space in front of your toes. I most certainly would not go a half size up.

Ah damn, my half size down just disappeared today.

What's the best price on the 3s in any colorway right now? Nordstrom Rack? I have 3 pair of Vol 2 and love them but the heel is too tight and stiff for my sore achilles. I think the 3 will be a ton better in that respect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom