The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I know you weren't planning on using any references, but I would say go along the lines of some stances/poses similar to these

anime-pillows.jpg

Female_poses_chart_by_Aomori.jpg

Possibly the left arm in #5 going straight down behind her back and the right arm from #15 or something. Play around a little bit. Of course you'd have to drop her shoulder a bit on the left.

Its been so long since I've actually sat down and drawn something... You might have sparked some inspiration.

DUDE, YES, THANK YOU

That chart is what I was looking for, not gonna scrap it but def gonna use this as a good starting point.

#10 would be a PERFECT pose for when I start my Asuka sketch, but I might go ahead and use #6 as a reference for this one :\

But I know the feeling, most of my stuff has been refrences so I bang 'em out in like 20-30 minutes with minimal detail, but it's a good feeling to work on something of your own, it took me damn near 2 hours to just get the head right even though I wasn't starting with Rei, it was originally gonna be Asuka but one thing led to another and I got her face down and just said eff it :lol:

Last edited:
I might draw something today actually :lol:

I' d definitely also recommend Hunter X Hunter. I read it instead of watching it though so this break it's on has me lowkey depressed when I think about it.

I might draw something today actually
laugh.gif

I' d definitely also recommend Hunter X Hunter. I read it instead of watching it though so this break it's on has me lowkey depressed when I think about it.
Hunter x Hunter is on the Chimera Ant arc. I heard it follows the manga very closely, which is nice since I haven't read it. The animation is also really good and it just got moved to a time slot which supposedly will allow it to be a bit gorier. 

:pimp: thank you NT fam.

Hunter hunter and fairy tail

Y'all check out my spoiler on OP theory doe [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Last edited:
Welp, I officially have no idea where I'm going with this but I messed up on proportions, so I might just erase everything from the torso down and start over again

Hunter x Hunter is on the Chimera Ant arc. I heard it follows the manga very closely, which is nice since I haven't read it. The animation is also really good and it just got moved to a time slot which supposedly will allow it to be a bit gorier. 

That's pretty close to where the manga went on break actually, so it's probably because the mangaka needed some time to plan out the next arc or two.

That's pretty close to where the manga went on break actually, so it's probably because the mangaka needed some time to plan out the next arc or two.
Togashi is known for his long hiatuses. I think usually they're due to health issues, but he stopped giving reasons for them, because some mangaka went on hiatus to play video games and people were pissed. But his health I hear is bad. That's why Shounen put Oda on this 3 week on 1 week off schedule to help maintain his health so they don't have another incident like Togashi. 

Thought I'd share something I did a while ago and thought you guys would appreciate. I really need to get back to drawing

Been thinking of reading Hunter x Hunter for a while, but I heard about Togashi's breaks and his possible illness. That's why I can't be mad with Oda and his breaks recently, just stay healthy

that whole chap made me mad, really going to rip DBZ like that... like damn son..
I knew it was coming, lol...
Alot of mangas follow that formula though, so I ain't eem mad..
All I want is an epic battle for both Ichi, Kenny and my mans Grimmjow and i will be satisfied,lol
But you can't knock that crushed, Prince of Persia(as some forums call it) fit, lol

Thought I'd share something I did a while ago and thought you guys would appreciate. I really need to get back to drawing

Been thinking of reading Hunter x Hunter for a while, but I heard about Togashi's breaks and his possible illness. That's why I can't be mad with Oda and his breaks recently, just stay healthy

Very nice!

I went ahead and got rid of everything from the chin down, her neck was too long and strained.

Kyoukai No Kanata

Mirai-service was heavy this week, I need to take a break from all the hnnnggg, next week's doesn't look any better, just proves she's Best Girl of the season

Great episode though, KyoAni never disappoints with the eye candy, loved the transition into the ED as well.

*The full OP is out, and it's great

[COLOR=#red]Kill La Kill[/COLOR]

What is there to be said about this series that I don't say every week, it's just flat out amazing.

*The full OP is out as well

Last edited:
What are the animes that you are heavily invested in? Financially or emotionally.

For me, it's fmab. I've been listening to the osts for years now.
I finally have a bluesy player, so I'll probably cop the collections pretty soon.
I've re-watched the show 4 or 5 times.
I'm planning on rewatching it over winter break.
I love fmab.

What are the animes that you are heavily invested in? Financially or emotionally.

Chuunibyou, I've watched it about 3 times now, planning a 4th sometime next month, just a really warm series, brings a smile to my face every time I watch it.

Madoka, just did my first rewatch last week, I'm catching all 3 movies in December so I'm stoked for that, but it's just amazing, a lot of people are put off in the beginning but when stuff really starts going down it's just a wild trip.

Evangelion, my favorite series of all time, I've been trying to hunt down the Platinum collection so I can at least own it on DVD since we'll probably never get a blu-ray release of it, I own the first 2 movies on blu-ray and I'm waiting for the 3rd to be released in the US on blu-ray so I can buy that as well. I've rewatched the movies twice each, haven't done a series rewatch since I want to set the time aside to just run through it in one day.

Series I've rewatched more than 3 times
Hajime No Ippo
Cross Game
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Trigun
Great Teacher Onizuka
Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal

This collection of animes are my go to when there is nothing else to watch, the experience and environment they create remain fresh each time i rewatch them. Its a diverse selection and no matter my mood at least one of these series will fit my mood exactly.

I'm sure Attack on Titan will make its way on that list soon

Last edited:

For me, it's fmab. I've been listening to the osts for years now.
I finally have a bluesy player, so I'll probably cop the collections pretty soon.
I've re-watched the show 4 or 5 times.
I'm planning on rewatching it over winter break.
I love fmab.

Man I could do quite a long list, but narrowing it down:

FMA Brotherhood, still one of the best anime I've seen in recent years, and I randomly go back to either Hulu or Netflix to watch certain episodes.

Gundam Wing, not the first Gundam I ever saw, but it was the first I watched all the way through and it definitely made me fall in love with the entire franchise.

One Piece
I didn't start till it was nearing the end of the Impel Down arc, but it hooked me pretty much right away. Excellent storytelling and a good focus on a large cast.

Naruto I don't really approve of at the moment, but I've been watching/reading it since it started.

Dragon Ball, got me into anime. Not much else to say really lol classic.

Digimon Adventure, defined the genre and no series since has been quite as magical, though some have certainly been good. Still my favorite mon series.

Samurai X, from Trust and Betrayal through the series, Kenshin is easily one of my favorite characters of all time. Didn't care for Reflections at all though.

Attack on Titan, most recent anime I've watched and a very good one. Also such a hopeless story, but I enjoy the fact the writer doesn't care about killing characters.

EDIT: Because no one's mentioned it yet let me add Death Note in there as well.

Last edited:
My favorite animes, in no order. Kinda in order.

1.Yu Yu Hakusho
1. Inuyasha
1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Samurai Champloo
2. FMA

My 3 number 1's are what got me into anime when I was like 9 or 10 watching Toonami and adult swim, and they still hold up as classics.

AOT and Kill La Kill are on the rise though.

Gargantia on the Verduous Planet, Accel World and Sword Art Online are some newer ones in my top 15.

My top favorite animes.

FMA:Brotherhood
- This is probably my undisputed top favorite anime of all time. Everything about it was pretty much flawless. (Soundtrack, story, characters, action, comedy, etc.) :pimp: I can watch this show as many times as I want and never get bored of it.

Steins;Gate
Madoka

- Before watching these two shows, the only anime I had watched at that point was DBZ, Naruto, ToraDora and One Piece. It wasn't until I check these shows out (on suggestion from this very thread) that I realized there was A LOT of great shows that I have been missing out on by just sticking with OP and Naruto.

Other favorites are:
- Fate/Zero (But not fate/staynight :x)
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (The speeches in this show. :pimp:)
- The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
- Clannad: Afterstory (just off the strength of it managing to bring me to tears. :lol:)

I can see Attack On Titan joining this list once its run is over.

Last edited:
Animes....
1. Samurai Champloo
2. Naruto (pre time skip) (great story)
3. School Rumble
4. Sword Art Online.. (sue me, I really liked it .. both arcs)

Last edited:
One Piece

Cross Game

Touch

Yu Yu Hakusho

Trigun

Initial D

Dragon Ball

SAO

Cowboy Bebop

These are just shows I really enjoy and have watched more than once. Currently One Piece is on top due to the fact I've read all the chapters and am most invested. Everything else are just shows off the top of my head I've really enjoyed and some of them could change

Has anyone watched Kaiji or Akagi?
After watching all of Akagi on crunchyroll, I can finally understand what's going on in Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji arc but it also makes it unreadable. Akagi kind of ruined Kaiji for me because now I realize how bad he actually is at gambling, furthermore how horrible he is at reading people which is one of Akagi's greatest features. IDK Kaiji was better in the other two arcs

Back
Top Bottom