The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Hajime No Ippo

That move though lmao. I havent laughed that hard watching an anime in a long time.

Just began watching "The Devil is a Part Timer" and I absolutely love this anime...:lol:. Hilarioussss as ****...:lol:

Basic premise, Satan and one of his lieutenants become trapped on earth (after losing a battle on their homefront against the "hero"). On earth, he's been reduced to a shell of his former self and to survive in his new role as a human, takes a job at a fast food restaurant. From there on, hilarity ensues...:lol:

The first, and only season is on Hulu. I urge y'all to check it out.

Last edited:
I loved that show :lol:

If you like that, you should check out this currently running series called "I Couldn’t Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job."

Title kind of explains the premise enough :lol:

Just watched Trigun for the first time a week or so back. A bunch of my friends always talk about how its a classic and such. I thought it was pretty good, though it ends kind of abruptly. The movie on the other hand was excellent. Too many anime series have mediocre movies in my opinion.

Just began watching "The Devil is a Part Timer" and I absolutely love this anime...:lol:. Hilarioussss as ****...:lol:

Basic premise, Satan and one of his lieutenants become trapped on earth (after losing a battle on their homefront against the "hero"). On earth, he's been reduced to a shell of his former self and to survive in his new role as a human, takes a job at a fast food restaurant. From there on, hilarity ensues...:lol:

The first, and only season is on Hulu. I urge y'all to check it out.

They put me on that show in here a couple pages back. Show was great.

Lucifer was my favorite.

Last edited:
Some of you know that I'm a touring DJ and I was thinking it'd be awesome if someone would Anime me which I could use on flyers sometimes....so...anyone want to Anime me? :D :D :D

Last edited:
I loved that show :lol:

If you like that, you should check out this currently running series called "I Couldn’t Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job."

Title kind of explains the premise enough :lol:
aka my life

I wasn't feeling triguns ending either.
I still think outlaw star was better imo.

Super excited that the 25th anniversary edition of AKIRA is being released next week on Bluray. I have the 2009 limited release but this one includes the OG Streamline English dub. Bad name pronunciation and all it doesn't get better than that dub.

I think I'm still the only one who didn't like AKIRA.
It was just weird to me.
You're certainly the only person i've heard/seen who didn't like it lol I thought it was pretty good and can understand why so many people were hyping it up to me beforehand.

I think I may have to give Akira a watch tonight. It's never interested me enough to check it out before to be honest, even knowing that it's considered a classic.

Akira is the epitome of what a classic anime movie is. The story might be weird especially since when it was made the manga wasn't truly finished. Plus there was so much source material to try and cram into a 90 minute - 2 hour movie that some stuff might have been lost in translation.

To me it just blew my mind when I saw it. I was used to US animation and disney animated movies that seeing something like this was like that first hit of heron, needed more. Then there was Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion and the Macross movies/series. I really fell out of anime after it hit the US big time.

In a nutshell you got biker gangs, government experiments, psychic kids, radical terrorists and some government corruption. It starts off good gets slow in the middle but gets really interesting at the end. I musta seen it 20 times growing up.

When it was re-released on DVD by Pioneer years ago I didn't get the connection i did growing up and that was cuz of the new dub. I watch most of my anime in Japanese. American dubs just don't get it right. There are a few exceptions (Ghost in the Shell & Cowboy bebop) but for the most part it's all subtitles for me. So when I tried to watch upgraded pic quality with Pioneer dub i couldn't stomach it. Many said the original dub had various script errors and name pronunciations were wrong but who cared, To me it sounded awesome. Cam Clarke who was the voice in 1988 for Kaneda had many notable animation credits at that time one of which was Max Sterling from MAcross/RoboTech. If your first exposure to Akira was after 2001 give it a shot with the OG Streamline dub. I'm sure you'll find it more enjoyable. Peep the comparison below

Last edited:
Akira is the epitome of what a classic anime movie is. The story might be weird especially since when it was made the manga wasn't truly finished. Plus there was so much source material to try and cram into a 90 minute - 2 hour movie that some stuff might have been lost in translation.

To me it just blew my mind when I saw it. I was used to US animation and disney animated movies that seeing something like this was like that first hit of heron, needed more. Then there was Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion and the Macross movies/series. I really fell out of anime after it hit the US big time.

In a nutshell you got biker gangs, government experiments, psychic kids, radical terrorists and some government corruption. It starts off good gets slow in the middle but gets really interesting at the end. I musta seen it 20 times growing up.

When it was re-released on DVD by Pioneer years ago I didn't get the connection i did growing up and that was cuz of the new dub. I watch most of my anime in Japanese. American dubs just don't get it right. There are a few exceptions (Ghost in the Shell & Cowboy bebop) but for the most part it's all subtitles for me. So when I tried to watch upgraded pic quality with Pioneer dub i couldn't stomach it. Many said the original dub had various script errors and name pronunciations were wrong but who cared, To me it sounded awesome. Cam Clarke who was the voice in 1988 for Kaneda had many notable animation credits at that time one of which was Max Sterling from MAcross/RoboTech. If your first exposure to Akira was after 2001 give it a shot with the OG Streamline dub. I'm sure you'll find it more enjoyable. Peep the comparison below

really? I thought it was a jumbled mess.

Miyazaki wil always be the king of japanese animated movies

Miyazaki definitely takes the crown home, but Akira's one of the few movies not by him that i'd say is a must see, top of the list, anime movie.

That jumbled mess might have to do with the new script.

No doubt Miyazaki's work is great, on par with Disney. Mononoke is an amazing film.

That jumbled mess might have to do with the new script.

No doubt Miyazaki's work is great, on par with Disney. Mononoke is an amazing film.

the reason I say its jumbled is because, well the source material. At the time, it wasnt possible, but it needed to be 2-3 full length feature films.

Also if any of you guys have seen grave of the Firelies. I saw it after I had my wisdom teeth taken out( was a littl loopy) but man that was the saddest thing ive ever seen. Like I was crying

Last edited:
the reason I say its jumbled is because, well the source material. At the time, it wasnt possible, but it needed to be 2-3 full length feature films.

Also if any of you guys have seen grave of the Firelies. I saw it after I had my wisdom teeth taken out( was a littl loopy) but man that was the saddest thing ive ever seen. Like I was crying

OMG Grave of the Fireflies. I saw that once, I balled my eyes out. That has to be the saddest yet most compelling movie on the planet.

Here's the thing about AKira
I saw clips when I was maybe 16. (back in 2001)
but I didn't fully watch it until earlier this year. And still looked at my screen like

Some of you know that I'm a touring DJ and I was thinking it'd be awesome if someone would Anime me which I could use on flyers sometimes....so...anyone want to Anime me? :D :D :D
I think Gurren Lagann Stuff would go great on flyers, but it's up to you what you want to put on them. :lol:
Got a theme in mind or something?

Oh yeah, new Claymore is out
Precilla is just toying with people now. :smh:

And new Feng Shen Ji is out too
S***'s gotten realer than it was before. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom