The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I can understand that. There is always a lot going on in it and there's a lot of waiting to be answered questions. Sometimes I hate Luffy and sometimes I love him. He's my 3rd favorite on the crew though, behind Zoro and Robin. I used to like Sanji, but after Enies Lobby and the time skip I've liked him less. Before I watched it I felt like I'd hate One Piece, but yeah it's preference. I like the tonal shift it's taken though. Out of the things you named you like the only one I hated was Samurai 7. Bleach was okay, the rest I really liked. Although I never really cared for evangelion, but I saw it years ago and can't really remember the story anymore.

In One Piece Robin needs more screen time. She's lowkey funny and I have her ranked as the 5th strongest on the crew, but she hasn't had a 1 on 1 fight since Skypeia. Hopefully this arc changes that. 

One piece is one of my favorite series ever. Everything from the character development to the action to the humor to the world itself is straight :smokin to me.

It's one of those series where I legitimately care about the characters. Even to the point where I never want them to separate :lol:

I hate how they played robin :smh: she was untouchable before she got in the crew but as soon as she did she hasn't done diddly squat.

Best 600 episodes you'll watch though :lol:

But nah id 500 of them are A1...there definitely some skip panel stuff in there

I never gave One Piece a chance. I just can't bring myself to sit & watch 600 episodes
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Skip the fillers (there aren't that many) or just read the manga at your own pace. I'd watch through marineford, then switch to the manga, because after the timeskip the pacing becomes even worse where it's one chapter an episode. Also post time-skip the anime starts to take more liberties with with fights like making villains appear stronger than they should or making Luffy look weaker than he is.

I hate how they played robin :smh: she was untouchable before she got in the crew but as soon as she did she hasn't done diddly squat.

Gotta say I love Robin more than ever, she finally seems like she's completely comfortable in the crew. But yeah, she needs a 1 vs 1 with a family member this arc

I never gave One Piece a chance. I just can't bring myself to sit & watch 600 episodes
laugh.gif
mean.gif
This is the most common complaint I see from people who haven't started it yet. 
roll.gif
I say it's better to start now, because by the end there'll probably be over 1,000 episodes. Just skip some arcs, you'll still get the gist of things. When I first started, I jumped straight to the Impel Down Arc, read from there, and then went back later without a problem.

yea i realized early on. shorty was beast as the top tog under croc.

but lets not forget, during haitus, she has been supposedly been training under dragon himself, as we left her rolling with the rebel army. i wouldn't be surprised if she pulled out wild haki or some ****. make oda is waiting for epic moment to reveal true robin.

How garp just gon let them kill his grandson like that doe :smh:

On another note. I really like how they portray teach lmfao. He is hilarious. Like when he gets hit he's always crying :lol:

True that about robin though. She probably does have something up her sleeve. Along with zoro. I'm tryna see what's up with that eye :nerd:

Last edited:
This is interesting. Does this mean Shippuden is over? And a new Naruto series starts? This last page has me wondering.

He wanted to go kill Akainu though. He was ready to throw everything away, but Sengoku pinned him down and brought him back to his senses, so to speak. It has to suck putting duty over family like that. :smh:

How garp just gon let them kill his grandson like that doe
mean.gif

Cause he wasn't ready for Akainu to give him the hands son! 
smokin.gif
 Dude's able to make Blackbeard flee and fight for ten days straight, altering the climate of an island forever. Garp can't just be rushing in without a plan.

He wanted to go kill Akainu though. He was ready to throw everything away, but Sengoku pinned him down and brought him back to his senses, so to speak. It has to suck putting duty over family like that. :smh:

Word I feel like he shoulda left the marines doe.

Cause he wasn't ready for Akainu to give him the hands son! :smokin  Dude's able to make Blackbeard flee and fight for ten days straight, altering the climate of an island forever. Garp can't just be rushing in without a plan.

:lol: naw b. I don't think akainu is all that. Just gotta find someone to match up with his power. Blackbeard will run away from anybody :lol: that's what I meant about his power. He's evil but scary at the same time :lol: no pride

Now, Akainu wasn't trying to see SHANKS wit the hand(s) :lol: :smokin :pimp:

Last edited:
roll.gif
I'll give you that. Shanks walked up in the middle of a war and made everybody quiet down. 

How garp just gon let them kill his grandson like that doe
mean.gif

On another note. I really like how they portray teach lmfao. He is hilarious. Like when he gets hit he's always crying
laugh.gif

True that about robin though. She probably does have something up her sleeve. Along with zoro. I'm tryna see what's up with that eye
nerd.gif
Garp didn't get involved at all other than blitzing Marco then sending him flying, even though he was in full phoenix form, which was more than any admiral did to Marco. 

Garp sat on the sidelines basically hoping WB rescued Ace. That's why he let Luffy punch him, that's why he didn't chase them once Ace was unlocked, and then when Akainu killed Ace he was pissed because at that point he saw Ace as free. Garp's thought was I won't get involved, so if they free Ace cool if they don't I'll have to live with it.

People act like Roger didn't acknowledge Garp as his equal when he said they almost killed each other countless times. We can assume Garp and WB were around the same strength level and garp was considered a hero and the strongest marine. His health was better than WB, and he has much more mobility. If he had gotten seriously involved that war probably would have gone a lot differently.

I think Robin, Zoro, Franky, Sanji, Luffy, Usopp, and hopefully Brook have more to show. Zoro and Luffy haven't been close to tested yet. If you only watched Fishman island they made Hody seem like a decent challenge, but in the manga he was done after 1 red hawk and only hit Luffy once. I think Franky has more than his shogun and his laser. 

This is the most common complaint I see from people who haven't started it yet. 
roll.gif
I say it's better to start now, because by the end there'll probably be over 1,000 episodes. Just skip some arcs, you'll still get the gist of things. When I first started, I jumped straight to the Impel Down Arc, read from there, and then went back later without a problem.
I can not cosign skipping arc. The only arc you could skip is the davy back fight. Otherwise you miss out on a lot of subtle details, foreshadowing, and plot twists that make One Piece great. You also miss out on the most important aspect which is the character development. I don't understand why people feel the need to rush to be current. The episodes and chapters aren't going anywhere. If you have time to marathon it and catch up cool, if not watch or read at your own pace and pay attention to the details.

roll.gif
I'll give you that. Shanks walked up in the middle of a war and made everybody quiet down. 
Man you saw what happened after having to deal with WB. Dealing with another Yonkou and his crew wasn't worth the risk. I like Akainu though. He's a good fleet admiral. He had a draft and made the marines even stronger than before. I think he knew Fujitora before Fujitora joined since Fujitora calls him Saka-san. If you want a better idea of Fujitora he is based off Zatoichi, the blind swordsman.

Green Bull the other new admiral is rumored to be based off Mushashi Miyamoto, so he might be a samurai form Wano. 

Word on the not skipping arcs. Only the fillers and the stuff when Sanji is on the island :x :x :x

But I was always confused about the vice admiral-admiral ranking system. Like why is garp only a vice admiral if he is that strong?

Cause he wasn't ready for Akainu to give him the hands son! :smokin  Dude's able to make Blackbeard flee and fight for ten days straight, altering the climate of an island forever. Garp can't just be rushing in without a plan.

Akainu does NOT want it with Garp

In fact, I'd say most people in the series don't want it with Garp

Word on the not skipping arcs. Only the fillers and the stuff when Sanji is on the island
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

But I was always confused about the vice admiral-admiral ranking system. Like why is garp only a vice admiral if he is that strong?
Kong when he was Fleet Admiral tried to promote Garp to admiral several times, but Garp always refused because he said if he was an admiral he would have more responsibilities with less freedom. Being a vice admiral allowed him to do whatever he wanted with only Kong and later Sengoku being able to tell him what to do. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom