The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Hataage! and Shinchou Yuusha. Two Isekais that I wasn't planning on adding to my watchlist this season, but here I am. :lol:

Yea part 1 was dope. It took a couple episodes to get into but once it took off it stayed great.

Cant wait until the next part.

I'm expecting something drastic from Law. Son been pissed ever since it seems his crew got ran through. He's lost faith in Luffy/their alliance.

Being a D. I wouldn't count him out when it comes to taking down Big Mom and Kaido.

Been thinking for a while, to continue mirroring Roger Luffy is going to need a rival he respects like Whitebeard was.

Katakuri? Coby?
Coby is still on the come up and is a marine. Right now I'm not sure if he fits an already established role when looking at Roger's era. Since Smoker obviously fits Garp's role.

It's a bit early to call it on Katakuri. Right now I see him as other underbosses Luffy has beaten that we later see have a change of heart or have a nice side (like Bellamy).

The reason I suggest Law is cuz off bat he was an established rival. All the supernovas saw themselves that way despite Luffy having the highest bounty. They haven't fought yet and acknowledge each other as worthy opponents (lets ignore that Garp and Roger beat up the entire Rocks pirates including WB).

Last edited:
First episode of Boku No Hero Academia S4 was a nice way to ease back into the flow of the series.

For anyone that's been rocking with the manga, how do the likely contents of this season stack up in terms of quality/excitement in your opinions?

First episode of Boku No Hero Academia S4 was a nice way to ease back into the flow of the series.

For anyone that's been rocking with the manga, how do the likely contents of this season stack up in terms of quality/excitement in your opinions?
This season will be the best one for sure. Without going into too much detail, the Overhaul Arc will give the students (and heroes) the biggest reality check they've encountered yet. More so than the school invasion and the training camp arcs. Everyone is gonna love it.

Also, I do hope they tack on the subsequent arc after the Overhaul arc. It's pretty cool.

Make our Tactics episode of Boruto
Why didn’t Hinata tell him about Neji v Sasuke? I hope he gets reanimated in this series. Jiraya too.

Katakuri? Coby?
Real talk, has Coby had faster growth in the series than Luffy? Just thinking back - Luffy was already a monster when he met Coby's ***** *** on Alvida's ship. Obviously Luffy kept evolving from that point, but he had a solid base of abilities already from his childhood. Coby started from scratch and has now reached a pretty high level (for those who are reading the manga). If there IS a time-skip, I could see him being top-tier Vice Admiral level (i.e. still under Admiral and Yonko level, but really really strong).

Real talk, has Coby had faster growth in the series than Luffy? Just thinking back - Luffy was already a monster when he met Coby's ***** *** on Alvida's ship. Obviously Luffy kept evolving from that point, but he had a solid base of abilities already from his childhood. Coby started from scratch and has now reached a pretty high level (for those who are reading the manga). If there IS a time-skip, I could see him being top-tier Vice Admiral level (i.e. still under Admiral and Yonko level, but really really strong).
Might be fair.. he trained under garp directly longer

I finally binged demon slayer, and it's all the hype. Beautiful animation, interesting characters, decent story. I'm all in going forward

Coby will be an admiral by the end of the series. He just jumped 2 ranks in like 2 weeks. Before the reverie he was a captain and now he's a rear admiral.

His growth has definitely been faster than Luffy's, but he had direct training from Garp for most of the series, but I'd think of it's similar to the the rate of growth Luffy experienced training with Rayleigh for a year and half.

Coby got to rear-admiral mad fast.

From the 2 year time skip to now in that same time Smoker went from Commodore to Vice Admiral (granted we dont know if similar to Garp he ever refused the promotion to admiral for a/e reason).

Coby has progressed damn fast and I assume the same with Helmeppo. Its just that specific they're acredited to Don't got him another promotion.

Coby got to rear-admiral mad fast.

From the 2 year time skip to now in that same time Smoker went from Commodore to Vice Admiral (granted we dont know if similar to Garp he ever refused the promotion to admiral for a/e reason).

Coby has progressed damn fast and I assume the same with Helmeppo. Its just that specific they're acredited to Don't got him another promotion.

Smokey almost got washed by Doflamingo post-time skip - no way he was offered an Admiral spot.

It is crazy how fast Coby was promoted though. I can definitely see him being the "Garp" to Luffy's "Roger" when they ultimately fight against Teach's "Rocks" crew near the end of the story. I wish we had more context for Coby's strength though - hopefully Oda goes back and touches more on some of his feats and struggles that have led to this immense growth. As Rayleigh said, it's difficult to teach Haki beyond the basics - haki truly blooms through real life or death experiences. Would be great to see Coby's progression in a Gaiden or something.

Back
Top Bottom