The Official COD:MW2 Thread vol. X-hours left!

I don't know man.. I'm about to give up on this game and go back to COD4. It's just not as fun to play multiplayer as it was in COD4. It's soannoying. At first I thought it was the camping that was annoying (and it is), but the most annoying part is the fact that you get killed so extremely quickly(which encourages camping). In COD4 there were several ways to play. You could be a runner or you could camp and get nice amount of kills with both methods. InMW2 camping is the only option. I find myself playing like a little %+$#% and playing in a way I've never played in COD4. Constantly holding the LT buttonand aiming all the time. It's such a shame because so many things they added are awesome - weapons, maps and the new customization features are all amazingadditions, but it's all ruined by the fact that you get killed in 0.1 seconds.

And for the record before one of you say that I "suck", my K/D ratio is 1.35. I'm not great, but I don't suck.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

I don't know man.. I'm about to give up on this game and go back to COD4. It's just not as fun to play multiplayer as it was in COD4. It's so annoying. At first I thought it was the camping that was annoying (and it is), but the most annoying part is the fact that you get killed so extremely quickly (which encourages camping). In COD4 there were several ways to play. You could be a runner or you could camp and get nice amount of kills with both methods. In MW2 camping is the only option. I find myself playing like a little %+$#% and playing in a way I've never played in COD4. Constantly holding the LT button and aiming all the time. It's such a shame because so many things they added are awesome - weapons, maps and the new customization features are all amazing additions, but it's all ruined by the fact that you get killed in 0.1 seconds.

And for the record before one of you say that I "suck", my K/D ratio is 1.35. I'm not great, but I don't suck.

i agree it they added so much but took out the craziness out of the game. There is no longer people running around and you getting killed its just peoplecamping and you looking for them

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

I don't know man.. I'm about to give up on this game and go back to COD4. It's just not as fun to play multiplayer as it was in COD4. It's so
annoying. At first I thought it was the camping that was annoying (and it is), but the most annoying part is the fact that you get killed so extremely quickly
(which encourages camping). In COD4 there were several ways to play. You could be a runner or you could camp and get nice amount of kills with both methods. In
MW2 camping is the only option. I find myself playing like a little %+$#% and playing in a way I've never played in COD4. Constantly holding the LT button
and aiming all the time. It's such a shame because so many things they added are awesome - weapons, maps and the new customization features are all amazing
additions, but it's all ruined by the fact that you get killed in 0.1 seconds.

i agree it they added so much but took out the craziness out of the game. There is no longer people running around and you getting killed its just people camping and you looking for them

I don't really have anything against this way of play as long as it's in a different mode. But I just don't understand why they it HAS to be thatyou get killed in 0.1 seconds in the main team deathmatch/mercenary team deathmatch. People who preferred this type of play had hardcore team deathmatch inCOD4, and everyone was happy. In MW2 they pretty much force and equivelant of hardcore team deathmatch from COD4 as the main team deathmatch.
smh.gif

I don't know man.. I'm about to give up on this game and go back to COD4. It's just not as fun to play multiplayer as it was in COD4. It's so annoying. At first I thought it was the camping that was annoying (and it is), but the most annoying part is the fact that you get killed so extremely quickly (which encourages camping). In COD4 there were several ways to play. You could be a runner or you could camp and get nice amount of kills with both methods. In MW2 camping is the only option. I find myself playing like a little %*@!$ and playing in a way I've never played in COD4. Constantly holding the LT button and aiming all the time. It's such a shame because so many things they added are awesome - weapons, maps and the new customization features are all amazing additions, but it's all ruined by the fact that you get killed in 0.1 seconds.

ive noticed myself doing the same thing rounding corners or going up/down stairs. in cod4 i was a run and gunner, just popping a dude then keepingit pushing to the next. now i got to worry about the dude chilling behind the barrel, window, stone, trash can, etc. i guess its because youre so used to thegame play of cod4. i played nothing but hardcore tdm, so i dont know how it was in the regular stuff went. and i think with the kills it goes by who has thebetter connection. theres been times where i got the first 2 hits but dude ends up killing me.

give it time though, everyone was probably saying the samething about cod4 when it came out. then once everyone got used to it, it was the greatest thing onearth. give it to around xmas/new years and it will be
pimp.gif

Heh, why can't you run in the airport level?

No russian

roll.gif

Does anyone use the Bushmaster ACR? Is it any better than the SCAR? Lately, I've been using the AUG and it behaves a lot more like an assault rifle than aLMG (and it kicks @%%#!#! *$@). Grip+Red dot+ AUG+Bling+SP+Commando=
pimp.gif

I stole this one teammates' Pavelow today after he got killed. Dude was maaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
roll.gif
Hell, at least I got it, not the enemy lol I'm reallyliking the killstreaks, but I'm really mad at IW for making the heli and other air support so easily destroyed. They should have just included the RPG andmaybe the Stinger missle. At least it takes some skill to shoot with the RPG. I know this doesn't make sense for the Ac-130, so I'm fine with thatbecause if you know what you're doing, you can shoot down the guy who's trying to lock on to you before he can kill you.

This game feels a lot different in COD4. They added so much stuff it makes you paranoid. Everyone's camping, waiting for anything that moves just so theycan shoot it. I don't know why they do it, it seems like such a boring way to play.

Me and my brother have been arguing this for the longest time.

Pretend I call in a uav which gets me 30 seconds of uav, and my teammate calls in uav 5 seconds later. Does our team get 55seconds of uav or does it reset to30seconds?

Love this game btw its amazing.

I don't really have anything against this way of play as long as it's in a different mode. But I just don't understand why they it HAS to be that you get killed in 0.1 seconds in the main team deathmatch/mercenary team deathmatch. People who preferred this type of play had hardcore team deathmatch in COD4, and everyone was happy. In MW2 they pretty much force and equivelant of hardcore team deathmatch from COD4 as the main team deathmatch.
the amount of bullets it takes to kill somebody in mw2 tdm is equivalent to tdm in cod4. it still takes quite a few bullets to kill somebody butprobably about 1 or 2 less now. just like using the sniper rifle in tdm in mw2 its 2 shots unless you hitting them in the head. but in hardcore in cod4 itsalways 1shot1kill no matter where you hit them.

again, its probably youre used to the game play of cod4 and think it would transfer to mw2 but it doesnt.

I run and gun and do pretty well....but I can agree with the camping complaints. The maps are so tiered (ground, 1st floor of a building, roof of a building)that people just stay in a spot and shoot anyone that runs by. There are so many spots on every map, I'm surprised that people actually leave them
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

i be stealin people care packages all the time
laugh.gif

I always throw my signal and hid...whenever I come back to check on it, there's always someone tryna get it. I think they let the actual "owner"of the package secure it faster than the thieves tho

Originally Posted by doosta45

give it time though, everyone was probably saying the samething about cod4 when it came out. then once everyone got used to it, it was the greatest thing on earth. give it to around xmas/new years and it will be
pimp.gif

Nah man, I've given it a decent amount of playing time. I have 1.000+ kills in MW2. I've played all maps a good amount of times. No amount of adjustingwill change the fact that you get killed so extremely quickly. I find myself shooting at pieces of trash flying through some maps or some object that lookseven remotely like a head because my reflexes have been worked up so much due to getting killed so fast. It's neither fun nor healthy to have my heartconstantly beating hard.
laugh.gif

the amount of bullets it takes to kill somebody in mw2 tdm is equivalent to tdm in cod4.

This is most certainly a false statement.. Unless you're talking about sniper rifles or shotguns.

Pretend I call in a uav which gets me 30 seconds of uav, and my teammate calls in uav 5 seconds later. Does our team get 55seconds of uav or does it reset to 30seconds?
you only getting 5 seconds because once them uavs in the air, they getting shot down
grin.gif

but ive always wondered this too even back to the cod4 days. becuase back then i would just wait until my teammates ran out and then throw mine up. so we have2 concurrent uavs.

Nah man, I've given it a decent amount of playing time. I have 1.000+ kills in MW2. I've played all maps a good amount of times. No amount of adjusting will change the fact that you get killed so extremely quickly. I find myself shooting at pieces of trash flying through some maps or some object that looks even remotely like a head because my reflexes have been worked up so much due to getting killed so fast. It's neither fun nor healthy to have my heart constantly beating hard.
laugh.gif
Yeah, my accuracy has gone to #*++ because I shoot at windows to see if they're in there or not...
tired.gif
Sometimes they can see you, but you can't see them because they'rehidden in some damn shadow.

I had a few good matches using akimbo pistol and akimbo UMPs, but honestly, it's quite useless except for the one lucky round where everyone else sucks.You can't zoom in, and I've gotten killed instantly when people turn around corners and actually aim. I only use it when they're close, but Iwanted to just run and gun with dual machine guns.
smh.gif

Anyone notice how ridiculous people are with the grenade launchers? There was one guy that did it FOUR MATCHES straight. Occasionally I dodged both shots likea ninja and killed him head on, but when he came up from behind, it was just annoying. Like you can't just shoot me with four bullets?
eyes.gif

doosta45 said:
give it time though, everyone was probably saying the samething about cod4 when it came out. then once everyone got used to it, it was the greatest thing on earth. give it to around xmas/new years and it will be
pimp.gif

Nah man, I've given it a decent amount of playing time. I have 1.000+ kills in MW2. I've played all maps a good amount of times. No amount of adjustingwill change the fact that you get killed so extremely quickly. I find myself shooting at pieces of trash flying through some maps or some object that lookseven remotely like a head because my reflexes have been worked up so much due to getting killed so fast. It's neither fun nor healthy to have my heartconstantly beating hard.
laugh.gif

the amount of bullets it takes to kill somebody in mw2 tdm is equivalent to tdm in cod4.

This is most certainly a false statement.. Unless you're talking about sniper rifles or shotguns.

if you played the maps a good amount of time, you should know where all the little camping spots are at. you should be thinking 'if i turn this corner,theres probably going to be a dude over here behind or a dude up on the scaffolding. there will be new spots they come up with. like now in favella map, youcan post up in a tree in the back of the map by the tombstones. so now i got to be aware of some bamma hiding in there

but im the same way with all that damn trash flying everywhere and them damn chickens. one game i went through and shot all them damn chickens because theypissed me off.
laugh.gif

Pretend I call in a uav which gets me 30 seconds of uav, and my teammate calls in uav 5 seconds later. Does our team get 55seconds of uav or does it reset to 30seconds?
you only getting 5 seconds because once them uavs in the air, they getting shot down
grin.gif

but ive always wondered this too even back to the cod4 days. becuase back then i would just wait until my teammates ran out and then throw mine up. so we have 2 concurrent uavs.

Smart play doosta...I don't think they "stack"...
Speaking of UAVs, I hate when teammates call them in when we're being counter-UAVed....thats just dumb.

if you played the maps a good amount of time, you should know where all the little camping spots are at. you should be thinking 'if i turn this corner, theres probably going to be a dude over here behind or a dude up on the scaffolding.

but im the same way with all that damn trash flying everywhere and them damn chickens. one game i went through and shot all them damn chickens because they pissed me off.

I'm doing that constantly. Almost every time I turn a corner I'm holding the LT button down. But the guy who is camping and already has his red dotpointed to that turn in the corner has an advantage, even if it's a 0.1 second advantage, it still enough to be a huge advantage. The point is thatit's annoying to play this way. It's not fun for me to hold the LT button down every time I turn a corner and I get little satisfaction if I killsomeone like this.

I am confident that MW2 will take the GTA IV route. Right now, it's still a brand new game and almost everyone likes it, but 6 months from now, everyonewill remember COD4 as the ultimate and more balanced multiplayer experience.

what do you play? ive noticed dudes do this in tdm. but not so much in ground war. plus ground war is best for these large maps. everybody is spread out. butin cod4 in ground war since the maps were so small you was getting killed every 5 seconds (if you were a run and gunner)

hell theres some maps i refuse to play, them snowy maps because dudes stay camping that it pisses me the hell off. i cant bare derail but the other one isalright.

whats your gt though xtapolapaeth?

The respawning issue needs to be addressed. That is all.

remember COD4 as the ultimate and more balanced multiplayer experience.
Fam I been saying that since day 1. IW altered it so much to appeal to different groups that they failed in creating a solid MP experience.

if you played the maps a good amount of time, you should know where all the little camping spots are at. you should be thinking 'if i turn this corner, theres probably going to be a dude over here behind or a dude up on the scaffolding.

but im the same way with all that damn trash flying everywhere and them damn chickens. one game i went through and shot all them damn chickens because they pissed me off.

I'm doing that constantly. Almost every time I turn a corner I'm holding the LT button down. But the guy who is camping and already has his red dot pointed to that turn in the corner has an advantage, even if it's a 0.1 second advantage, it still enough to be a huge advantage. The point is that it's annoying to play this way. It's not fun for me to hold the LT button down every time I turn a corner and I get little satisfaction if I kill someone like this.

I am confident that MW2 will take the GTA IV route. Right now, it's still a brand new game and almost everyone likes it, but 6 months from now, everyone will remember COD4 as the ultimate and more balanced multiplayer experience.

hopefully they put out these garbage maps just so we get convinced into buying the new maps they put out (just a theory and hope)

what do you play? ive noticed dudes do this in tdm. but not so much in ground war. plus ground war is best for these large maps. everybody is spread out. but in cod4 in ground war since the maps were so small you was getting killed every 5 seconds (if you were a run and gunner)

hell theres some maps i refuse to play, them snowy maps because dudes stay camping that it pisses me the hell off. i cant bare derail but the other one is alright.

whats your gt though xtapolapaeth?

I just play regular team deathmatches and mercenary team deathmatches normally. Yeah, different modes add a little variety but it doesn't make much of adifference when it takes so few bullets to die.

My gt is I KEEL YOU MAYN

the spawning issue is that if you are in there spawn, they are going to spawn near/next to you. same thing with cod4. its just that in mw2 you dont know wherethe spawn points are at yet.

i was pissed at the respawning too, until i realized i was in their spawn. you can tell if you are in the right spawn is by determining who you are next too.if you are next to your teammates youre in your spawn if youre next to your enemies, you in they spawn

I'm doing that constantly. Almost every time I turn a corner I'm holding the LT button down. But the guy who is camping and already has his red dot pointed to that turn in the corner has an advantage, even if it's a 0.1 second advantage, it still enough to be a huge advantage. The point is that it's annoying to play this way. It's not fun for me to hold the LT button down every time I turn a corner and I get little satisfaction if I kill someone like this.

I am confident that MW2 will take the GTA IV route. Right now, it's still a brand new game and almost everyone likes it, but 6 months from now, everyone will remember COD4 as the ultimate and more balanced multiplayer experience.

I've been pretty hard on this game so far, but I think you're just a little too nostalgic for the old game.

I mean - if you really liked the old game so much, i'm sure there's still thousands of people on there to keep playing with, why did you need a newgame to begin with? Seems petty to me to be trashing a game because it's not enough like another game that you're still entirely capable of playingstill. Sell your MW2 to somebody who wants a new experience.

I know personally I grew tired of MW after about a year, it got very monotonous and much like this game, there's a very low skill amount involved -it's just about map knowledge and team setups for 99 percent of the game. That can only last you so long as far as I'm concerned, so I'm happy tosee a bunch of slightly modified editions to this game even if I'm not entirely comfortable with them yet.

The biggest problem most people seem to have with this game though is that they aren't as good at it as they were with MW1, and that's just silly tome. Nobody was as great as MW1 a week into it as they were 2 months into it, or 1 year in. If that's your biggest gripe, just keep it moving and findsome easier games to play for yourself. There's going to be a learning curve involved where everyone feels out the play style of different maps, andyou've got to get used to it.

The camping bugs me as much as anything - I curse up a storm and get red in the face when somebody ruins a kill streak of mine by camping or something of thatmatter, I've written like 3 separate diatribes in here *****ing out the campers in this game. But in terms of how this game was made, how it plays, theweapons, the maps, the details, the additions to killstreaks, weapon attachments, perks, etc... I can not be mad at infinityward whatsoever. They did theirthing.

Am I playing as well as I'd like to just yet? Not even close. But the game is pretty rewarding to me, in that the harder I work at mastering certainweapons and maps, the more fun the game is becoming for me. It's definitely nerve-wracking still, to me - i can relate to everything you guys arementioning, but at the end of the day it's a different game and that's a good thing. Go play the old one if you really can't afford a few weeks ofadjustment to a new game.

Back
Top Bottom