****THE OFFICIAL CURE FOR YELLOWING****

For right now I think sea glow is mainly for the soles of shoes. And I don't think it hurts if it touches the midsole. Read the first page. Theres a lot of helpful info there.

sea glow works best on barely yellowed sole.! my patent lows were barely yellowed and they turned out nice and icier but if you have piss yellow kicks then you might no see results until your 3rd or 4th application

sea glow is just mad crazy~ I gonna get me some sea glow and save my xis for sure! thx for the posts

I just received my bottle of sea glow tonight, tomorrow it's going to be a sunny day.
St. Louis Cardinals Representative​
9 World Series Championships​
Smith - Musial - Boyer - Brock - Gibson - Schoendienst - Slaughter - Dean - Busch​

The most obvious thing to do is make this a sticky.
Do you know how many posts about yellowing come up a week?

^^

Thats the reason why I made this post.
I don't know why jrose or methodman or any admins or moderators just don't stickie this. I guess i just have to bump it every week

Kicks

I need someone's help... is it alright to put barkeeper's friend on the middle part of the XIV's? (from tongue and almost to the toe)

What will it do to white shoe laces?

PJay23... i would use bars keepers friend only on the laces. the chemical will just deteriorate. also if you plan on scrubbing the teeth or the "flames" of the xiv then dont do it. i tried using mr.clean magic eraser on the midsole of the xiv's and the glosy paint just came off and became stiff and felt reallysticky.

beanzy15... i would try using 99% alcohol on the patent leather. be carefull not to over do it because the patent might become thin and ready to crack. if you have any beaters with patent leather then you can try it on them.

another method mught be using baby wipes. although they dont have any chemicals the can clean the patent makin the alcohol more easier to spread and penetrate the patent. and yes this should be a sticky!

dallasjjh, I don't think baby wipes or rubbing alcohol can work on yellowed patent leather. I've been testing alot of cures for midsoles and yellowed patent. Right now, only one product for midsoles work (I haven't test, but heard from a good friend) and nothing for yellow patent.

Nice idea though

(MODS, STICKIE THIS PLEASE) :D
happy.gif

Kicks

my og blacktoe xiv's need the cure for yellowing midsole!! let us know! please....i love these shoes and would like to get them back to perfect like they were in '97...lol

whos had the best results so far??? i started using sea glow last week and there are noticeable differences.... but i dont think i am gonna end up gettin dramatic changes

I Enjoy Shoes... take into consideration that the og black toes are 8 years old, already came with off white paint, and that they were the first xiv model to release i think!
also do not use mr. clean magic eraser for the xiv midsole! it will take the paint off and make the midsole appear crackable! trust me i have 3 pairs of og black toes! lol. if your midsole for the black toes is sticky then get mr. clean magic eraser then LIGHTY and SLOWLY SCRUB the midsole until the surface becaomes smoother! if you scrub hard like i did... the paint will come off!.

Well, this should still be stickied. Even though you truly can't reverse the effects of oxidation, you can apparently "cover them up" quite well using this stuff, whether it be Seaglow or Bar Keepers. How about "The Official FIX for Yellowing"? Would this get a sticky then? Probably not, but again, it really deserves one, because some of these results are pretty amazing and it works, even if none of it can truly reverse oxidation.

so i'm guessing most of us have seen the video on the islandgirl website where they remove yellowing on white rubber midsoles. so, i'm just curious, when is someone going to try it on the midsole on their IIIs or IVs and post pics?

Copied to shoe brand archives.

Questions or comments regarding the board, another user, or any moderating I do should be directed to my ezInbox, found in my profile, because I rarely subscribe to threads.

Back
Top Bottom