****THE OFFICIAL CURE FOR YELLOWING****

that's amazing what you did with the mesh on those fire reds :wow:
eek.gif

thanks for posting that plaguey....keep up the experiments :D
happy.gif

I miss the quality of the 90's​

thats why you have to be carefull when apllying this @#%$! why would you ,like to have polkadot yellow nes on your sole? damn that sucks!

damn so much to read
can any1 tell me
1.On white leather, BE VERY CAREFUL since the coating on leather is sort of related to nail polish and might be removed by undiluted Sea Glow. You could, however, try as a 1:1 mixture with water, wiping off the excess.
does that work for any patent leather or just white one? for example, what do we do with yellowed cg xi' patent leather?

2.for xi yellowed sole, we use island girl pink or sea glow?

hey can somebody please help me out..i just bought some columbias today and i desperately need bar keepers friend..i checked in the cleaning sections of walmart and home depot and i didn't find anything...yes i even asked the workers,they said they knew nothing about it
New account..been a user on here for 5 years...also, I could be lying and many of you wouldn't know...anyways,what i'm trying to say is..dont judge a newbie by his post count... aiite?

Buddha, I was at my local Wal Mart and they had it...not sure why your's wouldnt. And did you see what it did to the XIs on the first page? The texture of the mesh was totally changed...and Im not sure if it's something I'd do.

I have purchased both Island girl and sea glow

sea glow "Blue liquid" works much better than the other one.
I hightly recommend that over the other.

Quote:
Buddha, I was at my local Wal Mart and they had it...not sure why your's wouldnt. And did you see what it did to the XIs on the first page? The texture of the mesh was totally changed...and Im not sure if it's something I'd do.
:frown:
frown.gif

and yea i seen the pics on the first page...hopefully my columbias will be the same

btw,i dont want to order it online...
New account..been a user on here for 5 years...also, I could be lying and many of you wouldn't know...anyways,what i'm trying to say is..dont judge a newbie by his post count... aiite?

Some Sole Clarification!

1. Use Sea Glow NOT IG Pink, since IG Pink is NOT fluorescent, and is NOT designed to soak into the plastic like Sea Glow is.

2. Glad to see Sea Glow working on the mesh - I sort of expected this since it works on all white plastics, but here in Hawaii we have been hampered by NO SUN!!! Just rain and floods!

3. Using what sun that was available, we confirmed that Sea Glow worked really well on the center part of the clear soles where it could penetrate deeply, but on the old shoes sent to us by one of you, the thick/patterned heel area only shows partial penetration.

4. With the permission of the shoe owner I tried the idea of using a hyperdermic syringe to inject Sea Glow slowly while drawing the needle back. The yellowing only went away in the syringe track area. Because these are not my shoes, I was afraid to try the soaking method that Plaguey used which obviously makes a lot of sense. I will try to find out what type of glue nike used or (and I do have a really old pair of non-clear soled nikes) do a test with a week or so of soaking, just to see if the glue will hold up.

5. The customer who sent us his old shoes also sent us a pair of children's shoes with clear soles that were slightly yellowed, but apparently not oxidized. These shoes showed return of the blueish tinge by just placing in sunlight, but effects were far faster by using Sea Glow. This means that (as I said once before) the new rubber would dhave contained a fluorescing agent and possibly some blue dye when it was orginally manufatured, but the effect had partially worn off, and could not work in the absence of daylight.

6. As expected, the Sea Glow will work much better on white rubber because it only has to penetrate a few thousandths of an inch. You can see this on our website www.islandgirlproducts.com and click on the movie links. Sea Glow will work on white, blue, red, and clear plastics.

7. Use of a tanning bed or "dark light" bulb is useful to more clearly see the fluorescence as it penetrates into the rubber. However, sunlight is far more powerful than a tanning bed light. For instance, here in Hawaii, at noon time one could be badly burned by the UV by sunbathing at miday. No tanning bed company would dare have that much UV and there are also different wavelenghts of UV and that of natural sunlight is far more powerful in activating the fluorescing conditioner in the Sea Glow.

8. We have noticed some people buying our CLEAR HORIZONS product together with Sea Glow and presumably they are going to use it on the surface of the soles to seal them. Be aware, however, that this product could make the soles SLIPPERY when walking on a smooth, wet surface. Although just using the shoes for a few minutes on normal pavement would "knock off" this coating on the parts contacting the underfoot surface. CLEAR HORIZONS does however, work great on computer screens and iPods to remove/prevent fingermarks and minor surface scratching!

9. We will continue to update the instructions based upon what you guys are telling us works. For detailed application instructions go to the following link: www.islandgirlproducts.com/shoes.html

Anthony Willis, Ph.D.
Island Girl Products, President

i bought sea glow and i want to do it when my concords come in i live in ny should i wait till the summer so the suns good or should i do it once i get it ? :pimp:
pimp.gif

i bought barkeepers friend at my walmart in the bathroom/kitchen cleanin supplies. i searched thru the 22 pages for some kind of step by step but didnt really see anything. can anyone help?

I forgot to mention one other test I did which I think had some positive effects. I diluted the SG with some water and poured it in an aluminum tray with edges. I put the shoes in the tray and out in the sun hoping the sun would reflects off the aluminum and through the SG to hopefully penetrate the soles. I tried this because I haven't found a way of really soaking them upside down and keep the SG from going places that it shouldn't, ie the uppers and glue seams.

To the inventor:

I sent you an email about sending you another test sample. I guess you have enough test samples but if you need another I still have one.
Jordans. Contact me at [email protected][/i]

SEA GLOW Cleanser & Conditioner.
''A 4 Oz pack is enough for one or two dorade vents fenders or cushions or for use as an anti-aging conditioner after initial cleaning by ISLAND GIRL Pink or for giving additional UV fading protection to new white vinyl or hypalon.''

So you would have to clean It with Island Pink girl before applying Sea Glow?
This stuff is getting confusing,So I'm just going to buy a bunch of products from the website to mix them and test them out...

II'm getting tired of watching people test it out and not expecting the results I want to see,so I'm going to test it out myself mixing/applying these and I'll update In a month or 2.
For Sale:frown:Contact me if interested Now accepting offers for: American Base Leather Coat(Large+XL,Retail$500(offer),Rangers Throwback sz56 or 54,Lacostes,Nexteli830,Air Jordan XVI sz 6y(excellent Condition)

Plaguey, Can you post pics of the aluminum tray and results sometime?
For Sale:frown:Contact me if interested Now accepting offers for: American Base Leather Coat(Large+XL,Retail$500(offer),Rangers Throwback sz56 or 54,Lacostes,Nexteli830,Air Jordan XVI sz 6y(excellent Condition)

I would say 1-2 bottles. I bought 2 bottles but I got piss yellow infrared and spacejams.

REPPIN' UPTOWN DC...
"WIF' MO' KICKS THAN A BABY IN A MOTHER'S STOMACH."NAS= G.R.O.A.T.
<----MCFLY'S NIKES IS :pimp:
pimp.gif

Michaelegend,

I didn't photograph them while they were sitting in the aluminum tray but its the type you would cook brownies in. Its bendable so you can get your whole shoe in there or just one section of it. The results can be seen on the page with my vi lows. The last pics taken outside were after I soaked them and then took them outside to dry in the sun.
Jordans. Contact me at [email protected][/i]

Buddah!!
I also have seen the Barkeepers Friend at Lowes where they keep all the cleaners. Hope that helps in finding what you are looking for...

sonfoair: seaglow is sold at a tap plastics store not walmart, barkeepers friend however, which is used for the mesh, is sold at walmart under bath/kitchen cleanin supplies.

mrj hooked me up with instructions. someone please edit this into the first page so everyone doesnt have to loook for this specific post, ima try this today, ill take pics and post em up later.

you mix the barkeeper wit water to make a paste...you dampin the mesh on your XI then you apply the paste with a toothbrush work it into the mesh...you will be able to see a difference as you apply...you dont need to rinse the mesh after you put it on but be careful...do not soak the mesh in the paste it will start to turn your mesh blackish

^ Yeah Tone I noticed he meant Bar keepers i have 2 of those Liquid & the other one. I ordered SG but they sent me the Island crap.
[/center]
[/center]
[/b][/center]

Back
Top Bottom