THE OFFICIAL GEORGETOWN BASKETBALL SEASON THREAD

ap-23de4d0402c3450f8b01949455915a68.jpg

smokin.gif
smokin.gif

glad we wore the black jerseys up there last night. wasn't the prettiest game, especially the first half. but in the last 5 minutes of the game, we made it happen. hit the shots we needed to hit, made the right passes, got the boards, and played hard when it mattered the most. here's to ending the 9-year drought, congrats to coach and the whole team.

the win was also that much sweeter, watching it in an ALL-cuse bar. bahahahhahahahahahhaha.

The Whittington kid has surfaced now. Plays in Maryland, hasn't gone against good comp and has stayed local on the summer circuit. But coaches are lining up for him now. Texas, Depaul, Clemson, Maryland, Washington...he was at the Providence game last weekend and now III went to see him play this week. 6'8 small forward who supposedly can really shoot it. I thought we were all done with 2011 unless Otto Porter wanted to leave Missouri, but maybe not.

What I like is the size we're going after. no more 3 guard offense. 6'5 two guards and 6'7/6'8 small forwards with big guys who get after it down low.
smokin.gif

no letdowns today. do not want to drop back to the mess of teams with 5 losses.

defend, defend, defend. rebound, too.

I thought Hollis on the boards was huge today. he cleaned up everything in the 2nd half and we desperately needed it.

Defense was there yet again. And Chris kept us in it early on.

Big win, because I sure as hell haven't trusted this team after big wins. They proved a lot today.

Let's keep this thing rolling.

^ Hollis has been great on the boards, have to give him props for that.

Another rough week in the BE. Would be great to take both games, but I'll settle for 1-1.

Thought our group of bigs had a pretty good game platooning.

Whats with Marquette subbing so much? For a second I thought I was watching a hockey game.

Originally Posted by rashi

Looks like these boys are starting to put it together.
i hate to say this, but unless we have a decent BE tourney showing, im not sold

was discussing with downy...anytime we enter the top 10...we swiftly blow a game or two to bounce back out
laugh.gif

God knows I don't trust this group when they've had success & I'm ready for some type of letdown (I really thought yesterday was it after the first 10 minutes), but, if they defend like they have been since the St. John's game, it really is a different team than we've seen earlier this year and last.

yesterday was a game we absolutely don't win in the past. If they find ways to win when shots aren't falling, good things will happen.

Christ, yesterday was the first time I can ever remember Austin making a great defensive play in 4 years when he drew that charge.

got to keep playing good D tonight. I'd think Chris is the one taking on the Kemba challenge.

Defend and rebound. keep up the effort.

Cwright_4 Chris Wright
S/O to mommy and pops for makin the ride up to come to the game, love them!! #gametime
"mommy"...seriously? do girls think you're cute for saying that *!%$ or something? little @###+...soft as charmin'
30t6p3b.gif

not even mad. we were due. half expected it. prior to the game:

6:09 PM me: yeah thats why i never bet on my team
but heres how i see this game
we've won 8 in a row? just moved into the top 10. playing a tough team on the road. like we're due for a loss
if we win, awesome obviously. but if we lost, it wouldnt surprise me

the thing that DID annoy me: it's one thing if kemba beats you. he's gonna get his numbers, whatever. but coombs-mcdaniels? that's ridiculous. cannot happen. i dunno what was more annoying, the announcers or that kid's horse tooth !@*# eating grin every time he made a shot.

well, this team has to make defensive intensity an every game thing. can't have games like tonight.

If Austin hits some shots, maybe we steal it..but even then, wouldn't have deserved it. Maybe we were due and maybe Uconn needed it more, but that was a winnable game.

I'd love to get another crack at those front-runners in MSG.

got to bounce back, no excuses to not handle business @ USF. and go from there.

I'm worried about Henry, he's regressing..got to pick it up, can't go back to being a liability.

yeah definitely winnable. calhoun losing his cool and getting T'd up really got us back in it down the stretch. still tho, thats all part of the game, so yeah, it was winnable.

If there's any BE player I'll root against that isn't from 'Cuse, it'll be Kemba. Hope that guy goes nowhere. Yes, I'm mad.

Disappointed in Freeman's play. Not because he missed shots, but he looked dejected and extremely lazy on defense. We could have used some energy out of one of our leaders.

Wright as usual showing heart out there.

Sims really needs to get strong with the ball and on finishing around the basket.

The streak had to end, just didn't think it would end last night. on to the next one.

http://jedandhenry.com/

jedhenry3.jpg

I'd expect nothing less from this group than to let USF hang around.

Wonder if Austin bothers to show up at all.

Back
Top Bottom