THE OFFICIAL GEORGETOWN BASKETBALL SEASON THREAD

well, anytime Austin is that much of a non-factor..take the win and run..

hopefully he finds his shot. I dont know if it's really his ankle or if he's just cold.

Gota rebound better than that. if we cleaned the boards, we blow them out. didn't happen.

minus the miscue at the end, Chris is playing at a very high level.

Time for the stretch run.

free_mandela.jpg

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Ochefu visited yesterday..

[h6]
1 am just got back from gtown..great visit. Highlight was chillin with Roy hibbert and shaking John walls hand
happy.gif
[/h6]
he'd be a major coup.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/specials/highschool-potw/02/09/hspotw.16/index.html

tonight..rebound, rebound, rebound. Hope that Chris keeps doing what he's been doing and Austin finds his shot.

good passer. makes those around him better. sounds like our kinda guy.

allen, what's the deal on next year's schollies? do we have room left after hopkins, trawick, and adams? i saw on espn that we're still in the running for otto porter and eric katenda? what are the details on them?

and besides ochefu, who else is looking good for us to get for 2012? granted, it's still way early and if history has taught us anything, nothing's a lock. i saw names like drummond, parker, rose, graham, and robinson. all super 60 recruits, but i don't know much about them except that robinson goes to dematha.

Originally Posted by LMBAssclown

allen, what's the deal on next year's schollies? do we have room left after hopkins, trawick, and adams? i saw on espn that we're still in the running for otto porter and eric katenda? what are the details on them?

and besides ochefu, who else is looking good for us to get for 2012? granted, it's still way early and if history has taught us anything, nothing's a lock. i saw names like drummond, parker, rose, graham, and robinson. all super 60 recruits, but i don't know much about them except that robinson goes to dematha.

I believe right now there are only 2 available spots left for 2011 and 2012 combined.

IMO, we're going to see at least one transfer this year. the numbers just dont add up right now for how active the staff is recruiting. Benimon gets squeezed out? Maybe they think Vee might leave?

for '11, they seem to want either Porter or Greg Whittington and now also are mentioned with 2 PG's, one from Ohio..Semaj Christon and a JUCO kid, Blake Nash.

I think Kirby has put us in a good spot with 2 mississippi kids for 2012, Gavin Ware and Devonta Pollard. Ware is a big man similar to Adams and probably depends on what Ochefu does. Pollard is a 6'8 small forward. Beyond those 2 and Ochefu, Kyle Anderson is always mentioned with us, Rivera-Smith is out there and the kids you named.

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

god, i hope benimon leaves. whats with the late starting time tonight?
he's marrying one of my OZ study abroad friends down in bermuda. he's out.

OH is same timezone as east coast, right? not sure why game is later

Semaj Christon
'

He's nasty. Grew up playing with my lil brother. He's not going to be 2011 though he's going prep and will be 2012. Grade issues.

^ yeah. that head down on the bench isn't about pain from the wrist. if so, that's such a bad way for him to go out. deserves better.

that bishop 3 banked in off the glass with the clock just about hitting zero...you know it's not our night with +!!* like that
laugh.gif

stopped playing defense @ Uconn, looked like crap against USF and now this.

If Chris is out..Vee has to play major minutes. I think markel is going to be good, but he's not ready.

If he's out for the year, idk..just win one tournament game and it's a success.

Broken hand.

had been playing the best of his career and this happens one game before senior day..absolutely terrible.

missed everything but like the last 5 minutes. didn't need to see more.

but the most important thing....what happened to chris? all i saw was him on the bench with the saddest look of disappointment i ever seen.

WHEW....

On Wednesday night, Georgetown had its Robbie Hummel moment.

Chris Wright, one of the Hoyas' three do-it-all guards and one of the nation's most crucial players relative to his team's needs, suffered a broken left hand in Wednesday's loss to Cincinnati.

Twitter was immediately abuzz with news of the injury and dire predictions therein, and it's no surprise why: With Wright, Georgetown is a Big East contender and potential Final Four team. Without him, those chances are hugely diminished. Georgetown, like Purdue last year, would still have very good players on the floor, but it would be missing the player who truly makes its guard-heavy Princeton offense work. With the possible exception of Austin Freeman, no Hoyas mean as much to Georgetown as Wright.

Which is why today's news, though still unfortunate, should bring Georgetown fans some measure of relief: According to the following release from John Thompson III, Wright could be back "before the end of the season:"

"Chris Wright, injured in last night's game with Cincinnati, underwent successful surgery this morning for a break in the third metacarpal of his left [non-shooting] hand," Thompson said in a release. "Our medical staff is optimistic, and although we do not have an exact timetable, we expect to have Chris back before the end of the season."

If there was a long, quotable definition of "relatively good news for Georgetown fans," that would be it. The injury itself is bad, but it could have been worse; it could have been Wright's strong (right) hand. Instead, if he heals quickly enough, Wright will probably be able to play with a large splint or cast on his left hand. For example, Indiana's Christian Watford broke his left hand Jan. 30 at Michigan State, but was able to return just three games later with a large, bulky, taped-over cast-type thing on his off hand.

No, the news isn't ideal; Georgetown would much rather have its starting point guard -- not to mention its entire team -- healthy at this point in the season. It is Feb. 24, after all. But given the dire possibilities after last night's game, this might not be so bad after all. In the immortal words of Sterling Archer: Thank God for small miracles, huh?

Really hope he can be back for round 1 of the NCAA's. He deserves one more game at least in a Georgetown uniform, for as frustrated as I've been with him at times..I never had to question his effort & heart. sometimes it's misplaced, but it is there.

amazing that we probably went from having a double bye to now possibly having to play on Tuesday. Hopefully the guys can ride the emotional wave to a W on Saturday.

who starts tmrw?

Markel
Clark
Free
Lubick
Vaughn

?

Clark
Free
Hollis
Lubick
Vaughn

?

either way, I feel a tiny bit better about our chances than I did 2 nights ago. Will be the best crowd of the year, senior day, trying to pick up the slack for your injured captain, etc, etc.

From an emotion & home court stand point..tomorrow has to be worth 10 points. Problem is, I think Chris is worth about 15 in this match up.

If they can pull it off, it's the best win in years.

I'm hoping to be surprised today with Clark moving into a 6th man role.

won't happen, though.

Guess we should be Louisville and WVU fans today, too.

Back
Top Bottom