THE OFFICIAL GEORGETOWN BASKETBALL SEASON THREAD

these 3 games have made me change my perception of Chris big time. Austin, too.

Jason Clark blows. there is no way he shouldn't have to earn a starting spot next year.

so Wednesday vs Uconn and Kemba it is. Fun.

edit

I guess if Marquette wins today, it'd be them instead.

either way, unless Chris suits up..0% chance.

^ love it. 1 game and out.

where are all the chris wright haters now? 
laugh.gif
oh yeah, they're the ones praying for him to come back.

hate to bring it up again, but we really need to retool this offense. far too many times our guards are backing off clear lanes.

honestly, it seems like every game benimon is being yelled at by other players because he is out of position. smh

just go with a 4 guard lineup. do something different.

Vaughn/Sims/Benimon for some reason are the ones feeling the most sorry for themselves that Chris is out. just flat out embarrassing they way the front line has played.

one good thing is Benimon/Sims were held accountable for quitting.

They'd need to give a damn good reason as to why they should play next week if I'm III.

7 seed? 8 seed? does it even matter?

at least Jason Clark played well.

I'm not sure what can be done in the next week but A LOT has to change on this roster and in the program to get things back to the level it should be at.

This will be the first time in the NCAA tourny where I'm not expecting to them to win the opening round.

was at the game. kinda knew within the first few minutes, that we didn't have a hot. without chris, this team has no head. running around, no idea what it's doing, no plan. for all the wright haters (and i'll admit, at times chris has frustrated me), this losing stretch has made it PAINFULLY

obvious how much we need him back. clearly, starks and vee can't fill his shoes, nothing against them. and clark playing point? ninja please. this team plays like it knows its going to lose. NO hustle whatsoever, NO energy, NO effort. we're getting murdered out there, gross number of

turnovers. points off turnovers. can't score, settling for threes, so weak in the paint. i'd like to also write 500 words on why benimon should keep his warmups on the whole game, but you guys already know why. he makes me sick to my stomach. we gotta have a player to hate every

year (i.e. rivers, wattad). and this is HIS year. and he's tied for worst with wattad. at least rivers' "vinny from jersey shore"-looking $!@ could play D.

looking back to senior night at verizon, seeing chris standing, not sitting, at the bench in his warmups, you knew he wanted to get in there so badly.

nobody can deny the pure heart that the kid has, and how badly he wants to inject that spirit into the team. he's our floor general, he's our main man, all things run through him. it's the HARDEST position to replace, especially for this team. here's to sincerely hoping he's back for the first

round. FREE CHRIS.

these fools (and I mean players & staff) act like he died or something and just have rolled over.

Despicable effort, really.

FINALLY...

NCAA basketball: Georgetown's Chris Wright will return for the NCAA tournament

By Tarik El-Bashir
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, March 12, 2011; 7:52 PM

The Georgetown men's basketball team has received its first bit of good news in more than two weeks: point guard Chris Wright will play in the NCAA tournament.

Wright was cleared by doctors Saturday and will resume practicing fully with his teammates Monday at McDonough Arena. It will be the senior's first practice with contact since he suffered a fractured bone in his left hand Feb. 23 in the Hoyas' loss to Cincinnati.

"It's consistent with what we were told," Georgetown Coach John Thompson III said. "We had anticipated him being able to start full practice this week and anticipated him being able to play on Thursday."

Thompson said Wright is not experiencing any pain, has been dribbling with both hands "for a few days" and won't be required to wear any protection on his hand. Wright had surgery on his hand on Feb. 24.

"He's a senior," Thompson said. "He's as tough and competitive as they come. From the day doctors allowed him to begin cardio [conditioning], he's been doing as much as he could to keep his wind up. So I don't anticipate any drop-off."

"It's a break, so once it is healed it is healed," the coach added. "I don't know that our medical staff won't decide to give him additional protection. We aren't at that point yet. But the doctor said he will not require anything."

Starting with the loss to Cincinnati, the Hoyas are 0-4 without Wright, including a 17-point loss to Connecticut in their first game in the Big East tournament on Wednesday. Meantime, the offense - among the nation's most efficient when Wright was healthy - has sputtered, averaging 51.1 points per game and shooting 33.9 percent.

Wright, the Hoyas' second-leading scorer, is averaging 13.1 points, 5.4 assists and 2.9 rebounds per game.

In recent days, some projections had Georgetown slipping as far as a No. 8 seed in the NCAA tournament. News of Wright's return, though, could sway the selection committee to give the Hoyas a better position when the field of 68 is revealed Sunday evening.

Thompson said he had not spoken to anyone on the committee as of Saturday afternoon.

"What it means relative to our performance as of late, what it means relative to our seeding, I'll let the selection committee sift through that," he said. "But there's no doubt that we are a better/different team when Chris Wright is in the lineup, and he's going to be in the lineup for the NCAA tournament."

Wright broke the third metacarpal bone on his left (non-shooting) hand in a collision with a Cincinnati player. He had surgery the following day, resumed shooting a few days later and began participating in non-contact team drills a week ago.

It's expected that he'll speak to reporters Sunday.

glad he gets to go out on his own terms. One thing about Chris that goes against everyone else in this program..in tournament play -- he's always showed up. BET, NCAA's even one NIT game..always has played well.

Things broke pretty well for us seed wise the past few days. Depending on how the committee handles the Chris situation, I could see as high as 5 or on the low side, a 7.

I'm gona say we get a 6.

We'll have played 2 games in the past 19 or 20 days by the time we hit the floor. I think the rest SHOULD help, in particular with Austin.

so 6 seed, playing either USC or VCU. no game, especially with this team and with CW just getting back, is an easy one. hoping we get to take on purdue, but let's focus on getting thru the first round. 5 days to get chris back in the mix and get some confidence back in this team. let's get this.

I'm pleased with the first round draw.

Our staff should be able to game plan for either team the next few days. As opposed to VCU/USC who will likely only spend one day focused on us. (and we obviously dont run a traditional system). Playing on Friday is also a help for Chris.

Purdue in chicago is tough...but I don't want to think about that yet. Need to take care of business.

Greg Whittington
superstarGreg23

Well I have verbally commited AYEEE

he was at the selection viewing party.

nicely done by III. kid was going to visit Texas and had Kansas calling with Maryland, Clemson and DePaul also after him.

6'9 SF, some call the best shooter and/or talent in the DMV.

2011 kid, so there will be roster turn over this year, no doubt. Adios Benimon.

now get Ochefu next week and I'm excited about the direction things are headed in again. (SIZE! & interchangeable parts)

Eric Bossi..
I haven't seen Greg play yet myself so I can only go on what I've been told by the college coaches I've spoken with about him.

Long, sweet looking shot, very thin and has some attitude issues that make him his own worst enemy at times. Some think he has pro potential if he gets it all together.

Most think he's easily a rankable guy and one that we will discuss for final rankings but could be tough to rank him if neither Jerry or I have ever seen him play.

[table][tr][td]Whittington makes his choice[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
909793.jpg

Greg Whittington
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[table][tr][td]
By http:///search.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=4&c=1&search=1&sskey=%22">http://search.scout.com/a...p;search=1&sskey="' + author + '"&sssiteid=75&type=2';">Evan Daniels

Recruiting Analyst
Posted Mar 13, 2011
[/td][td]
464509.jpg

[/td][/tr][/table]

http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...9074NXC&pre=http://scouthoops.scout.com/&tt=0http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...9074NXC&pre=http://scouthoops.scout.com/&tt=0http://www.blogger.com/blog_this.py...2/1055781.html&n=Whittington makes his choicehttp://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1055781.html#email-a-friend-windowhttp://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=10&c=1055781&refid=4781|More

One of the late bloomers of the 2011 recruiting class made his college decision late Sunday night. Greg Whittington will stay close to home.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
This time last year Greg Whittington wasn’t a known name.
In fact, LaSalle was one of the only programs that had the then 6-foot-7 forward on their radar. Fast forward a year later and the 6-foot-9 senior forward scored attention from Georgetown, Texas, Maryland, DePaul and Clemson.

“It was a surprise because I didn't really think I was a good player,
[/td][/tr][/table]

what's the deal on whittington? haven't really heard of him, doesn't really seem highly touted on recruiting sites, etc. although if he was being recruited by kansas and texas, he's prob legit.

also, how's it going to work next year? would jt3 be able to give benimon the boot or what?

Back
Top Bottom