THE OFFICIAL GEORGETOWN BASKETBALL SEASON THREAD

balla, huh? sounds small time to me.

FREEMANdela

53366084.jpg

Cox probably should feel some heat. Whether he is or not, who knows.
For what reasons? I don't keep up with the inner circle rumblings or team news as much as I should.

laugh.gif
it's allen

For what reasons?
was supposed to be the recruiting 'guru' of the staff. and this is the first kid he's landed.

Lubick was all Hunter, Starks was a lock as soon as they offered...hollis and the sophomore class go back to the prior staff's leg work.

So he's led the Latavious Williams and Tony Mitchell 'recruitments' which came up empty. and that's basically it. He is the lead recruiter for Tyrone Johnson, Walker, Hopkins and I believe Cook...so we'll see how that goes.

I suppose he's helped with Julian finding a spot to transfer to. so you could give him that, too.

Reality is, it seems that once Kevin Broadus left...recruiting has not been quite what it was in 05/06/07 as far as how wide of net was cast. Too bad he damaged himself as much as he did at binghamton, would have been nice to get him back.

"Georgetown and 2012 prospect Jordan Goodman are in the process of solidifying a commitment.

. . .

Goodmanis a 6-foot-8 power forward from Temple Hills (Md.) ProgressiveChristian. As important as Goodman's commitment is to the Hoyas, itmight be more important in the recruitment of 2010 post player MosesAbraham.

Abraham still has plans to visit Seton Hall this weekand Indiana this Saturday, but Goodman to Georgetown likely signalsAbraham to Georgetown.

"It will be hard to say no toGeorgetown," said Abraham's guardian and mentor Joe Boncore. "He andJordan are teammates and good friends. They would love to play togetherin college. Plus, me and Jordan's dad are great friends, so this couldbe a great situation for all of us."

this 'handler' is telling every program what they want to hear
laugh.gif

we'll see

So even after last night, some 'bracketologists' have us as a 4, others a 5.

Got to win saturday and then hopefully win 1 game in the BET to lock up a 4...if they somehow made it to Friday night, a 3 seed come be possible again...cause Temple and Pitt are 2 teams ahead of us right now and obviously we beat them earlier.

But a loss saturday and they might as well not even make the trip to NYC.

I'm gunning for that three seed. If we're a 5, everyone will be talking about us being the 5/12 upset for the year.

Yeah, I really would love to move up there again to hopefully not face a 1 seed (Kanas, Kentucky) instead get a Purdue.

Of course that would mean we had won 2 games in a row, which is probably overly optimistic.

Seems like we're almost locked in for 6 or 7 seed for the BET at this point. Which at least means we avoid Syracuse.

i just want a full and healthy squad heading into the season finale against cincy. gotta win this game and head into the BE tourney with some steam. last year's first round exit still stings. the crappy part about every team being allowed in that tourney is that any of them are dangerous, especially if we keep playing down to our competition and not playing 40 minutes of basketball. i'm tired of seeing us down the whole game, and then making some rush for a comeback that falls short. you may have pulled that against uconn, don't make depending on that big IF a habit. come tourney time, there won't be a tomorrow.

question of the afternoon for all you mates...

who would be your starting lineup for the hoyas from 2000-2010?

I'd go with..

Hibbert
Sweetney
Green
Freeman
Braswell (toss up)

for my money, and for as good as Jeff was...Mike was the player of the decade.

G - Tony Bethel
G - Austin Freeman
F - Jeff Green
F - Mike Sweetney
C - Roy Hibbert

^ causey over hall? you a fool.

bowman would get an honorable mention from me, although deadset is still waiting on his season tickets.

you're right. ima go with your best friend ashanti cook. and replace green with big time daaaaaaaaaaaaarkness gerald riley

article_image_482ad74b09d3cc09.jpg

despite what LMB thinks, i had nothing against cook. i just thought he coulda brought more to the table. plus i was more of a bowman fan.

let's not forget who kept bowman academically eligible...that dip$*#@ owes me 20 dollars and season tickets still
smh.gif

Basketball Player Arrested for Assault
By Nick Timiraos | May 21 2004

Georgetown basketball player Gerald Riley (COL ’04) was arrested on May 7 after hitting teammate Amadou Kilkenny-Diaw (COL ’05) at a university townhouse on 37th Street.

Riley, a senior guard and the Hoyas’ leading scorer last season, was charged with two misdemeanors — attempted threats and simple assault.

Riley, who was arraigned in D.C. Superior Court, was released without bond on personal recognizance and will face a preliminary hearing next Wednesday.

Charging documents cited by the Washington Post said that Riley struck Kilkenny-Diaw in the face and body, bruising his face and scratching his elbow and body.

The document quoted Riley as saying, “You gonna pay me my money … I’m no one to play with,

Back
Top Bottom