* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

I gotta question...can some explain the last verse of "Thank You"? I understand that he's juxtaposing ending careers with the Twin Towers falling, but I guess I'm just getting lost in the rhymes...like about smelling the fumes at the crash site and all that.
...Not only did they brick, they put a building up as well
Drove a plane into that building, and when that building fell,
Ran to the crash site with no mask and inhaled
Toxins deep inside they lungs until both of them was filled
Blew a cloud out like an L, ??? to a jar, to a smell ???
Cuz they heard that second-hand smoke kills
_'s thought they was ILL, found out they was iiiiillllllllllllllllllllll
And it's like you know exactly how I wanted you to feel...

Only part I couldn't figure out was bolded part...
I thought he said Blew a cloud out like a L, in to a jar, and inhaled.

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Go to any past Jay thread and you'll see. The same guys who claim he fell off and what not are the first ones to post in a Jay thread.
It's blatant hate. Like if you say he fell off why check for the album? Why come into the thread just to say something negative. People in here have already said it.
You have to take what some NTers say with a grain of salt. If I don't mess with an artist, you wont see me in a thread dedicated to them and it's mostly the same dudes I see. Like we get it, you don't like Jay
laugh.gif
. It gets old.
Some people just let their hate/love for this man cloud their judgment, but good music is good music
Realest statement I read today.
The same people who worship Jay come in these threads and say the same thing.

What's your point?

The point is the "Jay-z worshipers" have a reason to be in a thread about Jay-z, why would someone hating on him, or say he is wack constantly be in the thread about jay-z if they dont like him.. His point makes sense..Yours on the other hand doesn't.

i love jays old music ... i just call it like i see it ...

[h1]Sneak Peak: Oprah Talks to Jay-Z[/h1]

200910-omag-jay-z-102-220x312.jpg

Photo: Rob Howard
[h2]The Exclusive O Interview
[/h2] [h2]At 13 he was selling crack. By 30 he was a hip-hop legend-having gone, in his words, "from grams to Grammys." Now Jay-Z charts his escape from the hard-knock life, describes the reunion that healed the wounds of his childhood-and even reveals the standing Sunday date he has with what's her name.

The complete interview will be availabe in the October 2009 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine, on newsstands September 15th. Get a first look right here.
[/h2]Oprah: So tell me how you got into the drug dealing.

Jay-Z:
It was natural.…

Oprah: Because drug dealers were your role models. There wasn't a teacher or a lawyer or a nurse or a doctor or an accountant in the neighborhood?

Jay-Z: Well, we were living in Marcy by then, so, no. And if anyone did become something like that, they moved out. They never came back to share the wisdom of how they made it. If anyone made it, you never knew it. That's why I've always said that if I became successful, I'd come back here, grab somebody, and show him how it can be done.

Oprah: So by the time you were 13, this was a way of life. Did the lifestyle frighten you?

Jay-Z: No. It was normal. And at some point, you become addicted to the feeling. The uncertainty and adrenaline and danger of that lifestyle.

Oprah: This is where we differ. This is where we differ. Because I'd be very scared! Weren't you shot at three times-within six feet-and you lived to talk about it?

Jay-Z: That was divine intervention. Divine intervention, and nobody knowing how to shoot.

Oprah: What happened in each situation?

Jay-Z: It was one situation, three shots.

Oprah: So he was a bad shot.

Jay-Z: Well, no one really practices shooting a TEC-9 machine gun, right? And when you're a kid, with little bony arms-no wonder nobody could aim.

Oprah: Many of the little boys who grew up in the Marcy projects are either in jail or dead. Why do you think you got to grow up and buy your mom a house?

Jay-Z: There's the gift, there's the spirit, and there's the work-all three have to come together. If one of those things is off, it can stop you from becoming who you were meant to be.

Oprah: When I met you a few years ago, we discussed our disagreement over the use of the N word and misogynist lyrics in rap music. Do you believe that using the N word is necessary?

Jay-Z: Nothing is necessary. It's just become part of the way we communicate. My generation hasn't had the same experience with that word that generations of people before us had. We weren't so close to the pain. So in our way, we disarmed the word. We took the fire pin out of the grenade.
Oprah: Do you and Beyoncé have a pact that you just won't talk about each other?

Jay-Z: Yeah. When you're a public person, you have to keep some things to yourself, or else people will just-

Oprah: Eat it up. I know. But can I ask how in the world you kept your wedding a secret?

Jay-Z: Late planning!

Oprah: How many people knew?

Jay-Z: Very few. The sad part is that we offended some. But people who love you understand. Because at the end of the day, it's your day.

Oprah: So here we are, talking on a Sunday afternoon. If you weren't sitting here with me, what would you be doing?

Jay-Z:
I'm gonna get killed for this, but I'll tell you anyway. There's a great pizza spot we go to every Sunday. It's our tradition. It's a small place in Brooklyn, you can bring your own wine, and there are candles there. It's a nice date.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

Go to any past Jay thread and you'll see. The same guys who claim he fell off and what not are the first ones to post in a Jay thread.
It's blatant hate. Like if you say he fell off why check for the album? Why come into the thread just to say something negative. People in here have already said it.
You have to take what some NTers say with a grain of salt. If I don't mess with an artist, you wont see me in a thread dedicated to them and it's mostly the same dudes I see. Like we get it, you don't like Jay
laugh.gif
. It gets old.
Some people just let their hate/love for this man cloud their judgment, but good music is good music

What's your point?
The point is the "Jay-z worshipers" have a reason to be in a thread about Jay-z, why would someone hating on him, or say he is wack constantly be in the thread about jay-z if they dont like him.. His point makes sense..Yours on the other hand doesn't.
i love jays old music ... i just call it like i see it ...
Basically, like I said before I consider myself someone who was a fan. I'm always gonna check for him just so he can prove me wrong.That's like me crossing Nas off my list of rappers to check for cuz he released Nastradamus. You know how stupid that'd be? Then I would've missedout on Stillmatic, Lost tapes, Untitled, etc.

I think some of yall take posts to seriously, make use of that ignore feature if it irks you THAT much.

basically like i said in the Rae thread, too many preachers on NT...you dudes dont let people breathe and formulate opinions. $+%+ do you care if someone dontlike the album

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

What's a September 11th?

bp3cam3.jpg

pimp.gif
You got somebody to give it to you soon as it arrived at the store. I got the same hook up. will have it today too.

Finally gave in...I like the album..I appreciate the lyrics and I think I see what Jay is trying to do. bb or target will get my 9.98 on 9/11

I got my copy yesterday and had to force myself to listen to it a few times.....its OK at best....a 7 out of 10......

laugh.gif
. It gets old.

What's your point?

Whatever Deuce.

I see you in the Game threads everytime voicing your opinions about the dude.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I gotta question...can some explain the last verse of "Thank You"? I understand that he's juxtaposing ending careers with the Twin Towers falling, but I guess I'm just getting lost in the rhymes...like about smelling the fumes at the crash site and all that.

Well the first part is right, the Blew a cloud out like a L, in to a jar... but the last bit might be:took a smell.

I'm still listening this on the ipod, so it comes out a bit more distorted than on some quality speakers.

But I find that inhaled/took a smell is the same damn thing at the end of the day.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Well the first part is right, the Blew a cloud out like a L, in to a jar... but the last bit might be: took a smell.

I'm still listening this on the ipod, so it comes out a bit more distorted than on some quality speakers.

But I find that inhaled/took a smell is the same damn thing at the end of the day.
laugh.gif
Actually you right I was thinking of an earlier line in the verse where he rhymed inhaled at the end.
laugh.gif
It is basically the same thing. I wrote out the verse myself a few pages ago.You on point.
Originally Posted by franchise3

laugh.gif
. It gets old.

What's your point?
Whatever Deuce.

laugh.gif

And the Joe Budden threads and I don't even think he listens to Budden's music at all
laugh.gif

This album is pretty good I dont have to skip nothing just let it ride. Even Blueprint had that one skippable but this one just goes. Im looking forward to aESOM remix hopefully jay aint stingy with it.

Originally Posted by franchise3

laugh.gif
. It gets old.

What's your point?

Whatever Deuce.

laugh.gif

Not even. I voice my opinion about him or any other rapper that I might not care for OUTSIDE of dedicated threads to that particular rapper, big differencechamp
happy.gif

And the Joe Budden threads and I don't even think he listens to Budden's music at all
laugh.gif

Well in all fairness I think everybody has had a good laugh at Joe Buddens expense over the past few months, so I figure why not me as well. I still listen toBuddens, just his older work. As of lately Joey has only been good for laughs and L's.

Brooklyn heads, anybody know where I can cop? Tryin not to listen to the album on the internet until I BUY the album but I cant w8 no longer. Already heardHater, anticipated to hear the rest.

Originally Posted by ZSong

::

laugh.gif
Some of yall don't like Swizzy talking on the track??

"I got a million ways to get it...choose ONE" >> Jay on some of these songs
Yeah, I think Swizzy should've kept quiet. It just sounds out-of-place and ******ed.

It's still a solid album. Even the songs I didn't like at first have grown on me. The J.Cole track and ESOM are probably my favorite two tracks though.
pimp.gif
It's just a smooth album, but everyone wants to compare it to RD and BP, when it's a totally different era of music right now. That type of stuffis long gone. I just appreciate Hov putting out good music still.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

It's still a solid album. Even the songs I didn't like at first have grown on me. The J.Cole track and ESOM are probably my favorite two tracks though.
pimp.gif
It's just a smooth album, but everyone wants to compare it to RD and BP, when it's a totally different era of music right now. That type of stuff is long gone. I just appreciate Hov putting out good music still.
but the problem is, he called it the blueprint 3 so you immediately expect bp-esque $#*% ... but now its like hes saying well here is the newblueprint for this era ... EARTH TO JIGGA, this era been around for some time now at least 2 years, you not settin trends for nothing ... a song that is betterthan any on your cd has autotune all over the hook right now ...

Albums cool, just felt like he's defending
himself the whole time repeating whats
he's done for the game, and what trends
he's set and so on... still kinda pointless
for him to continue making music to me.

He lost that excitement factor; like I dont
feel the need to pull up a verse to hear
anything he said again.

Still a decent album.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

DaComeUP wrote:

pimp.gif
It's just a smooth album, but everyone wants to compare it to RD and BP, when it's a totally different era of music right now. That type of stuff is long gone. I just appreciate Hov putting out good music still.
but the problem is, he called it the blueprint 3 so you immediately expect bp-esque @@*! ... but now its like hes saying well here is the new blueprint for this era ... EARTH TO JIGGA, this era been around for some time now at least 2 years, you not settin trends for nothing ... a song that is better than any on your cd has autotune all over the hook right now ...

I definitely wasn't expecting to hear any bp-esque *@*!. BP2, Kingdom Come, and AG were all evidence that you shouldn't either. A classic like that issomething that is hard to duplicate. Music is constantly changing, people are fools for expecting someone to stay the same.

Back
Top Bottom