* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Originally Posted by 540JFan12

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by INFAMOUS

"My next album, which I'm working on now -- that's exclusive, no one knows that -- is gonna be the album that really ... it's not gonna be a #1 album. That's where I'm at right now. I wanna make the most experimental album I ever made. But let's not deal with that now; I want to deal with "The Blueprint 3".
Resurrection of Autotune?
grin.gif

Straight Primo beats....

LIES

Aint nothing experimental about that unless he dumb and think Primo producing a whole album is an experiment.

dag, people are very critical of this album huh? name the albums that were better than this release or that were worth the 10 bucks...ppl need to stop beingsssoooo critical. the +@#$ is nice. its a nice album...period
smh.gif

"My next album, which I'm working on now -- that's exclusive, no one knows that -- is gonna be the album that really ... it's not gonna be a #1 album. That's where I'm at right now. I wanna make the most experimental album I ever made. But let's not deal with that now; I want to deal with "The Blueprint 3".
After hearing Ghetto Techno...I'm reeeaaallyyy worried about this comment.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 540JFan12

Resurrection of Autotune?
grin.gif

Straight Primo beats....

Nah

Album full of "Ghetto Technos" and the like LOL

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Resurrection of Autotune?[/color]
grin.gif

Is this a serious question?

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

Audio Equivalent of Braille.....
smh.gif

Just got done listening to it.....Good Album...Def. not one of his best efforts, but still a very good album to me....only tracks im not too fond of as of now are Off That, which i probably will only upgrade to slightly above average, and Hate. I think i have to give that latter a couple more spins and maybe my feelings toward it may change...Will have the album on repeat for the next couple days tho to get a grasp of the songs.....

Audio Equivalent of Braille....
smh.gif
...its jus unfair but Budden said he fell off and can't do it anymore....
laugh.gif

i dont understand the "audio equivalent of braile"?

is that a compliment or criticism? my bad if obvious.

has or anything else released dropped recently?

aiight here we go i gave it the car test for two days with my 2 L7s bumpin hard as %+#% and by the end of it this is how it goes, my unbiased opinion ...

skip
skip
skip
Run This Town (for some reason i love this song and in the car it goes)
Empire State of Mind (alicia just murders the hook and jay came serious enough)
skip
On To The Next One (in the car ... GOES ... hook caught on quick with me and jay comes hard)
skip
A Star is Born (j cole carries the song and the simple hook works for it ... jay gave his props which was nice to hear)
skip
Already Home (this is almost a skip but after a star is born it mellows my mood out ... jay doesnt do much for me though with his lil wayne space shuttle bitin%+#%)
skip
skip
skip
Young Forever (probably my personal favorite song only because of where he sampled it from ... jay came the realest of his entire cd on this one)

there you have it ... this is the worst of the blueprints but still isnt as bad as i thought after the first listen ... im still sticking with my assessmentthat this is jays absolute WORST rapping effort of any cd but his good songs are good enough to carry it a little ...

now comparing it to my favorite songs on relapse ...

3AM
Hello
Same Song and Dance
Stay Wide Awake
Deja Vu
Beautiful
Underground

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Run This Town
Empire State of Mind
On To The Next One
A Star is Born
Already Home
Young Forever

its really silly to compare the two cuz em runs his entire cd by himself save for a verse from dre and 50 ... the rapping on relapse is so far ahead of whatjay did on bp3 its stupid ... that being said, em has always been a better technical rapper than jay so thats to be expected ... he didnt add any real featuresor ask for girls to sing hooks or sound like any other rapper, he just did what he always does and i happen to like what he usually does a lot ... its reallynot close in my eyes, but they are my eyes so im sure a few of you will disagree
laugh.gif

i have a thread in my back pocket, but ill save that for september 11th that should be a hit lol ... hmmmmmmmm

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Originally Posted by sdfbheat

I was driving around bumping the\at On To The Next One.....I can see it in people's eyes that's gonna be a smash...

all the kids getting off the school buses and *@+$ like had this look on like is that the new Jay?!?
eek.gif
laugh.gif
nodding they heads heavy pause....

All and all like I said I blame myself for having my expectations so high for this album...but he came through
pimp.gif

The rich white folk where I work were the same way! Except not in a good way
laugh.gif
Both of these.

Made a mix cd with some of the BP3 tracks and other new songs but this is the only joint that's been on repeat status all week, blasting out loud from mycar, real ignorantly
pimp.gif

::

"& when I reach the ledge, tell'em all to eat a @$!+/take a leap of faith and let me ego (eagle)wings spread ... I'm so ambitious! Hey!"

young_jay-z91.jpg

jaz-jay-z.jpg

jayz.jpg

On another note, this experimental album sounds a lil out there. I really thought that BP3 was the experiment album! Unfortunately, I never trust Jay on whathe says way in advance (The Black Book, BP3 tracks, this new book of his, Black Album just dropping with no promo, etc.), so either this album is going tonever drop or he's going to find a way to remove the experimental sound and give us an excuse why it's not being released. Honestly, I think Jay hasone more album in him, but he won't admit that it's his last and it's going to be so ill and the fans will be left wanting more ...

The song with Alicia Keys is nice.
She killed the hook.
And for some reason I'm liking the 'Run This Town' a lot
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ralf Loran

Originally Posted by djryan614

Originally Posted by Ralf Loran

What We Talkin' About
Skip.

Thank You
Good concept, terrible execution... terrible hook.
Skip.

D.O.A.
Love the concept. Good beat, good lyrics, good hook.
Should've been a big hit...

Run This Town
Stupid concept, stupid song. Only thing that stood out was Rihanna on the hook.
Skip.

Empire State of Mind
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Alicia kilt the hook. This song has potential for a GREAT video. Too bad NY rappers don't get along.

Real As It Gets
Nothing special.
Skip

On To The Next
Swizz Beatz is the most overrated producer of all time.
All his beats are annoying... especially have one word repeating as a hook.

Off That
Love the concept. Timbo came thru as usual.
Drizzy kilt the hook, should've spit a verse... but I guess Jay got tired of getting schooled on his own album.

Star Is Born
Good concept, terrible execution... should've just gave this to Game.
Who is this bum J. Cole? Trash hook, trash verse.

Venus Vs. Mars
Skip.

Already Home
indifferent.gif
@ Kanye using BP3 as a platform for his corny artists.

Hate
I like this song for some reason.
We blasting off like a laser, Pwing Pwing Pwing, give me back give me room room room, DB9 like vroom vroom vroom
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Reminder
ILL beat. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE hook.

So Ambitious
Pharrell needs to stop singing. The concept/song/hook is WAY too cliche.
Skip

Forever Young
Terrible, just terrible.
Skip.

This BP3 is a solid album terrible at best.
Thank you 80's baby.

Now stop crying.
How I'm I crying, djryan614 said you gave a horrible review on the album, and I quoted him.

*##@ outta here, man.

Jtha that was a compliment which is why I followed that wit my criticism of Budden's comments in the vid blog wit Wale....album is littered wit gems juslike that....I jus wished the beat selection was better....I honestly don't think he got the best beats....but his verses saved the weakerinstrumentals....that so ambitious beat tho
smh.gif
pimp.gif

average album at most. already home is by far the best song on the album.

Originally Posted by ZSong

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Originally Posted by sdfbheat

I was driving around bumping the\at On To The Next One.....I can see it in people's eyes that's gonna be a smash...

all the kids getting off the school buses and *@+$ like had this look on like is that the new Jay?!?
eek.gif
laugh.gif
nodding they heads heavy pause....

All and all like I said I blame myself for having my expectations so high for this album...but he came through
pimp.gif

The rich white folk where I work were the same way! Except not in a good way
laugh.gif
Both of these.

Made a mix cd with some of the BP3 tracks and other new songs but this is the only joint that's been on repeat status all week, blasting out loud from my car, real ignorantly
pimp.gif

::
probably my fav joint as well just because swizz does whatever he wants and simply does not give a !+#+
laugh.gif

i came down the block with on to the next one on full blast ... i had an entire boys and girls club 65-125lbs dancin like crazy ... had this lil ankle biterdoin the cabage patch, pure comedy ...

Back
Top Bottom