**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

It’s fronting because those things are status symbols within social circles. Imagine you have a brand and it’s being bootlegged and you created the design... I’m sure it wouldn’t just be gold.

Not saying the prices make sense but just like in my business... I price how I see fit. This is what they feel they are worth. I can understand them.

Would you buy a Rolex that was not made by Rolex but looked like and weighed jist like a Rolex? 18k gold and everything ?

But to each his own.

Just don’t go showing it to off around those that really know jewelery and u should be fine

I agree, it like wearing fake designer stuff because they use similar fabrics

like i said, gold content > brand.

i dont see this purist mindset when everyone aped Jacob's jesus piece mold....

People who couldn’t afford Jacob pulled this ... people who could afford Jacob bought Jacob.

However a Jacob Jesus can only be identified by a purist... a Cartier is a social conversation piece... I feel there is a drastic difference.

Further more gold content argument just makes no sense. BRAND is very significant to what things resell for. You Get MORE gold content in those Super avengers and they don’t resell for what rolex sells for.

4.0-4.6 ‍♂️

Branded Luxury items are statement pieces that project your disposiable income. If they did not show your social standing they wouldn’t be mentioned in this thread by name (Cartier love braclet)

If Cubans were branded it would be just the same.

Last edited:
how much extra will a pawn shop offer for branded jewelry tho?

Once you are pawning anything you are pretty much saying you are desperate ... law of supply and demand dictates you don’t deserve any favor.

Same branded rare Rolex that you would pawn for scrap would auction for a large multiple.

I don’t get this pawning thing... who pawns their jewelry... only thing I have ever seen in pawn shops was junk jewelry that was claimed to be nice. BUT then again I don’t look through pawn shops so pardon my ignorance and bias.

how much extra will a pawn shop offer for branded jewelry tho?

Pawn shops will try and rape you for a lot of things off top .
A lot of stuff you probably buy doesn't retain it's total value in general . If it's in good condition and you have the box ,paper work and tags from buying a real Cartier watch or bracelet you should get something respectable at an auction .

like i said, gold content > brand.

i dont see this purist mindset when everyone aped Jacob's jesus piece mold....

I agree 100% I never could get down with paying for a name brand, its all about quality for me. If a company makes the same exact quality as the high-end brand I'm going to save my money and buy the same quality at a lower price. rich4eva rich4eva I get were your coming from, but I just could never get done with that mindset. If quality is equal I'm going for a lower price every time.

I agree 100% I never could get down with paying for a name brand, its all about quality for me. If a company makes the same exact quality as the high-end brand I'm going to save my money and buy the same quality at a lower price. rich4eva rich4eva I get were your coming from, but I just could never get done with that mindset. If quality is equal I'm going for a lower price every time.

The issue is the quality won’t be equal. It almost never is equal

I guess it just preference...

Example a full iced Cartier love braclet... is like 30-38k. The one you get as a replica doesn’t match the quality of that one. I have seen it. However you can get the fully iced one for 5k... I almost purchased one...

I think we’re I don’t understand the it’s all about the gold... is that I don’t trade my stuff or sell it.

All in all you want authentic Cartier and don’t want to pay that money... buy used. The depreciation is high.

But I still stand by brands commanding money and maintaining value because it is true. Of course no simple piece of gold will hold value... its easily replicated.

Man clothes are the same... the value of designer clothing is held by the coveted designer who made the collection..I.E Dior Homme made by Hedi Silmane will selling for well over retail. His saint laurent pieces still sell for over retail. BRAND will always matter as long as we having marketing and hierarchy.

The pawnshop scenario will never make sense to me. You walking into a proposition inwbich you have shown you are desperate... what fare shake will you even get.

When people want to get rid of their Rolex they don’t pawn it... they attempt to sell or trade. Only people pawning are those on their last.

But rather than pontificate... who jeee ha actually pawned their jewelry? What was the experience and what was the loss in value ?

However a Jacob Jesus can only be identified by a purist... a Cartier is a social conversation piece... I feel there is a drastic difference.

only reason i know its cartier piece is because of this thread, imagine da casual laymen. that bracelet will be reproduced long after cartier stops making it.

The issue is the quality won’t be equal. It almost never is equal

its a solid gold bangle b, any competent jeweler can make that piece of exwex quality with their eyes closed...if anything a jeweler can make a superior version of it that has even more gold and more brolic, iced out.

All in all you want authentic Cartier and don’t want to pay that money... buy used. The depreciation is high

this is a backdoor way of agreeing with me... everyone who is in this thread and understands jewelry knows why da depreciation is trash...its only worth what its its made out of once you boil da BS away.

who jeee ha actually pawned their jewelry? What was the experience and what was the loss in value ?

I've taken jewelry to a pawn shop just for sh&*ts and giggles and to see what they would offer me for it... Figure about 20% to 25% lower than what scrap was going for the gold, and as far as diamonds go, forget about it.

Only good thing about taking your jewelry to a pawn shop is it's a free way to get it tested if you weren't sure.

this is a backdoor way of agreeing with me... everyone who is in this thread and understands jewelry knows why da depreciation is trash...its only worth what its its made out of once you boil da BS away.

Nah, it’s more so just my pour choice of words conveying my point.

The buying used was meant for the person looking for the love braclet.

I don’t agree with the it’s just gold weight... too many things debunk that.

And in ten world of luxuries it will always be ur absolute to afford the truely opulent. That is the reason the masses buy a simple bangle with some diamond because it’s Cartier. They don’t care that it’s a simple bagel they care that YOU think it’s a Cartier simple bangle

Last edited:
only reason i know its cartier piece is because of this thread, imagine da casual laymen. that bracelet will be reproduced long after cartier stops making it.

its a solid gold bangle b, any competent jeweler can make that piece of exwex quality with their eyes closed...if anything a jeweler can make a superior version of it that has even more gold and more brolic, iced out.

Where I do agree is that the layman won’t know... and that the irony of the piece... it’s price tag in original form is not for the layman it is for the person that can and is willing to spend that amount.

But at the end we just gotta agree to disagree. Ur points are noted and respected

juelz-santana-at-the-private-studio-on-19-th-street-in-new-york-city-picture-id74717660

To Continue talk wit da precious metal VS the brand name but a way cheaper brand...
I cawped a solid 14k snake 3mm bracelet from sarraf for $400ish. The pandora solid 14k bracelet goes for $1500. I think the 14k gold plated one goes for like $200ish. The difference besides the price was the barrel lock on the pandora brand.
For me this was a no brainer.

My girl ain’t hung up on the brand name and tbh I think she will use this more as a blank bracelet and not use the charms.

Back
Top Bottom