**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I Think actual scrap gold tends to turn into lousy jewelry, there are extra steps in refining it.
I'll definitely look into that good looking out.
Most of the scrap I came up on is 18kt
Any one more knowledgeable in the subject feel free to drop the knowledge

I'd think most jewelers are sending off scrap to refinery's and using new gold for whatever they're making... pretty sure one of the Cuban link company's out of Miami was asked and that was the response.

How would you know if your chain was made out of scrap gold though? Serious question, I'm ignorant to that.
I'm not sure you would TBH but I think they said scrap gold tends to have porosity and other problems but I think porosity is a thing which occurs no matter what if the labour is done incorrectly. I also think it is prolly sumthing you have to really inspect very closely for & not that big of a deal if you're going to trade in/melt you stuff in the future but it's your money. the fakejewelerbuster account had good examples of poor finishes that are prolly unacceptable if you're spending a lot.

Right now I just wear the 3 chains with my kids and the TMC.

Gonna get a three sided kartooshe made (that's what they call the name plates out there). Once I get that I'll go down to that, my wife's Kartooshe and the TMC.

I haven't rocked the Cali piece in a while.....
7CAE4231-CA29-4E61-B8D9-42FE0ECB275B.jpeg
0AE53467-FFD9-460B-B327-882C9C2F4190.jpeg

I had one done back in 2016. Never been a fan of their quality of gold work out on a lot of items. I think I paid $225 for 18k. I do appreciate the cheese color tho. The cross next to it is also 18k but not as cheesy as the kartooshe.

At least you honest . You saving up for any chains ?
Plans are to upgrade the 8mm cuban from 10k to 14k.
maybe partially ice out the JP.

im not ashamed of gettin 10k. nt did educate me more on the difference between them. So I started thinking different.
I still feel it’s fine to get 10k for certain things.
it’s funny how the way nt shames 10k and when I was in Dubai and Bahrain they shame 14k :lol:
When I was there they had to take me to the farthest part of the gold souk for 14k and only westerners n Africans were shopping there.

I always see you post about 18k preference. If you don’t mind is it a cultural thing or how did you get to prefer 18k?

You can shop around a few place and find 18k around 40 a gram ( ma and pa jeweler shops or ebay) . It makes me feel better than spending 35 per gram for 14k from other places . There's nothing wrong with 14k , I wish I had a nice 14k bracelet I could wear daily .

Plans are to upgrade the 8mm cuban from 10k to 14k.
maybe partially ice out the JP.

im not ashamed of gettin 10k. nt did educate me more on the difference between them. So I started thinking different.
I still feel it’s fine to get 10k for certain things.
it’s funny how the way nt shames 10k and when I was in Dubai and Bahrain they shame 14k :lol:
When I was there they had to take me to the farthest part of the gold souk for 14k and only westerners n Africans were shopping there.
aint no shame. you get what you can and what you believe is right to you. i have a 10k ring and a 14k chain.it is what it is

I remember I was quoted 40 a gram for 18k in Dubai.
I was still trying to haggle and get it lower lol
The designs they have out there I never seen here in LA

tupac003 tupac003 ima need you to plug me big homie...I got a few made but I went to Shabu in the spot on American alley.

Oh yeah when do you get commissioned, if you haven’t already? I haven’t seen any posts in the AO group.

tupac003 tupac003 ima need you to plug me big homie...I got a few made but I went to Shabu in the spot on American alley.

Oh yeah when do you get commissioned, if you haven’t already? I haven’t seen any posts in the AO group.

Yeah they rip you off at the alley man. Gold city is the spot. Any cab or uber out there will get you there. There is also a gold shop in the Bahrain Mall that I heard is on par with Lasheen but I rock with him because of all the biz we have done.

I'm shooting for the 6th. I've been off ship since August due to a family emergency so trying to coordinate everything has been a hassle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom