**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I understand where you're coming from, but IMO youre comparing apples to oranges

Here's my theory
Yea you're right about it being "replica" Gucci (in regards to dapper Dan) and Versace (in regards to ghosts piece)...but peep...Gucci and Versace do not make those pieces or anything similar to it...
Gucci doesn't make a full monogram leather coat...Versace doesn't make a dinner plate pendant. These are all original pieces based off an existing brand . Now on the flip side...those replica cartier bracelets look EXACTLY like the original Cartier bracelet. That's a 100% carbon copy, feel me? Now let's say it was some HUGE giant bracelet that looks like a supersized version of the real Cartier bracelet, that would be more comparable to a Gucci dapper Dan or a Versace dinner plate, because Cartier doesn't make giant love bracelets. Feel me?

I understand where you're coming from nonetheless

Damn, well put. That makes sense, I agree completely.

A gigantic "Cartier" bracelet looking like an Egyptian bangle would be fire too

If y'all don't consider Ghostface Killah's big *** Versace dinner plate chain
as Fake Versace

then I don't think y'all can consider Love Bracelets with Cartier stamps 'fake' either

Ghostface is using Versace's Medusa Head logo, that's the company's logo
same way the Cartier stamp is Cartier's logo

There's no difference.

Also,

are Dapper Dan "customs" fake then?

Is Eric B & Rakim's
Paid in Full
and
Follow the Leader
album covers, fake outfits?

I felt like taking the Cartier stamp was corny, but then felt like a hypocrite for thinking Ghostface's piece is one of the best. Also felt hypocritical for finding Eric B & Rakim fly... cuz they rocking "fake gucci"

What do yall think?

I agree. Either it is all fake or all real. You can't say the Cartier replica is fake but the Versace is real when neither actually came from Cartier or Versace.

If I get some grey market Jordan XIs that have a purple sole, they are still fake even if Nike doesn't make them in that color combination.

Last edited:
If Versace had the same Jewelry piece for sale and were the originators of the piece and Ghostface wore one not made by Versace it's fake.

032117-ap-pink-diamond-6-img.jpg

http://abc7news.com/society/photos-...ons-shown-ahead-of-auction/1810671/#gallery-5

:x :x :x

Last edited:
Buying a piece with no chain is like buying rims with no car.

logic is flawed for me. my piece is rare as ****, conversely i could get a cuban link ANYWHERE.

u cop da limited **** first, and hold off on da GR since it ain't gonna disappear... that's in general.

Yeah Fake Cartier bracelets.

The only reason that bracelet is even popular is because Cartier makes it. So walking around with one not made by Cartier you're a fraud.

The only reason that bracelet is even popular is because Cartier makes it. So walking around with one not made by Cartier you're a fraud.

So because it's not certified Cartier you're gonna disregard the fact it's still $6k+ worth of diamonds & gold and be considered a fraud? Like do you walk around with that much on your person daily?

So because it's not certified Cartier you're gonna disregard the fact it's still $6k+ worth of diamonds & gold and be considered a fraud? Like do you walk around with that much on your person daily?

Then don't purchase it if it's too much. Stay away. Why purchase a replica? Everything is overpriced anyways.

Buying that Cartier bracelet is simply the name and quality and status of Wearing it.

I can't afford a 41mm Rolex Presi. Should I just buy a replica? It's real gold.

I remember when those stupid wood JESUS pieces were buzzing and floating around. At least those brass ones are not as bad as the wood.

:lol: @ da gumption of calling someone with a 7k bracelet a fraud.

Fab mixing the white and yellow all day still

Never knew Rudy was part of roc sports. Looks like an OG piece from back in the day because of the bead style chain

Then don't purchase it if it's too much. Stay away. Why purchase a replica? Everything is overpriced anyways.

Buying that Cartier bracelet is simply the name and quality and status of Wearing it.

I can't afford a 41mm Rolex Presi. Should I just buy a replica? It's real gold.

Apples to oranges.

You're paying for the watch and components, mechanism, movement and trademarked "tech" per se, not the precious material (for the most part). Real gold or not, a fake Rolex won't have the intricate craftsmanship. Gold is gold it won't ever change.

And like I said if you have the clout to scoff at someone rocking 7 grand in jewelry that's just one piece they have on, then more power to you I guess.

Last edited:
If Versace had the same Jewelry piece for sale and were the originators of the piece and Ghostface wore one not made by Versace it's fake.

Ghostface is using Versace's branding so it's fake. Versace could sue them for making that = Fake.

If a company can sue, that means it's fake.

Ghostface is using Versace's branding so it's fake. Versace could sue them for making that = Fake.

Some people having a hard time understanding that trademarks are protected by intellectual property rights.

https://trademarks.justia.com/714/71/cartier-71471858.html

Last edited:
That Cartier bracelet is straight fake. They could've said inspired and not have the Cartier and other insignia stamped on it, but no they just had to have it.

That would be in the same realm if those brass Jesus pieces had the if&co stamp on it, but they don't.

False. Versace nor Versace employees created the Medusa logo as it's based on pre-existing images of the Medusa Rondanini.

They can, if at all, copyright the design of the circle encompassing the face but not the entire image at all.

So it's a big IF that Versace can sue Ghostface for having a custom made jewelry piece not available to the public but for his own person that bears that logo.

It's a very complicated trademark / copyright legal issue.

However yes in the terms of JimmyXBoi selling those jawns, he's totally in all sense of the word bootlegging.

My point prior was if a jeweler can make the same bracelet using possibly better materials for a 1/5th of the price then why not? You're still talking $6k+ on a bracelet. How many of you can say you can afford to drop $6k on anything in one shot?

Last edited:
I get what everyone is saying with brand/material value.  You guys both have good points.

But if you want value based on material, don't buy any jewelry, just get some 24K PAMP bars or U.S. Eagle Coins.

I was looking at 2 Rolex GMT 2

1.  Plain stainless Steel

2.  Two tone with 18K gold.

The two tone was obviously several thousands more, same watch.  I haven't done the math, but my guess is based on the price difference, I could have purchased the plain stainless steel + a few 24K bars with the price difference.  The 24K bars I could have purchased on top of the stainless steel probably has way more gold value then the 18K gold in the two tone.

When I was young, I always thought gold was a useless stupid material, which is plain wrong.  Gold is used in a bunch of electronics as an amazing electrical conductor.  

But lets pretend Gold has no other practical use, besides making us look nice and shiny. My guess is, it would be just as valuable because "everyone" since the beginning of time thinks it has value.  The "Everyone" might be an idiot, but it doesn't matter, its what drives the price/value of the material.  

FYI, I ended up buying no Rolex GMT 2 at all.  Too much money for me......

Fake Nikes look similar and are made of real leather.

Fake Cartier bracelets look similar and are made of real gold.

You can't claim authenticity due to the use of the same premium materials, if intellectual property rights are at play.

Are they Nikes? No. Are they a sneaker? Yes.

Is is a gold Cartier bracelet? No. Is it a gold bracelet? Yes.

See where the trademarked name comes in? It's not hard to grasp.

Last edited:
Fake Nikes look similar and are made of real leather.

Fake Cartier bracelets look similar and are made of real gold.

apples and oranges.

precious metals give jewelery their worth.

brand value gives leather & rubber their worth.

You're wrong again.

Look up intrinsic value. That is the worth Cartier has built with their trademark.

YOU value precious metals over the intrinsic value of Cartier. People who are buying Cartier because it's Cartier, it's obvious where the value is for them.

The better analogy for the Jimmy Boi cartier bracelets would be like the Dapper Dan stuff where he used the material from real gucci/lV luggage and fabrics etc. to make the custom pieces or what Exclusive Game does now in the modern day today.  It's not made by the company but its using the same materials

Back
Top Bottom