[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

I guess I just genuinely liked 808s... I'll never understand the complete hate for that album
eyes.gif

I connected with a lot of those songs...

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

I guess I just genuinely liked 808s... I'll never understand the complete hate for that album
eyes.gif

It was the autotune and bad singing that really ruined that album. The content was good, yes, but the presentation of it is what turned me off.

Originally Posted by Dapper D

I'm gonna wait to release date to hear but I knew Kanye wouldn't disappoint...
Word, I'm holding off too, but these good reviews are music to my ears.

Never understood the hate for 808's either though.

I know people were up in arms about Ross being added to DIAND but his verse was a nice addition to the song.

Despite having heard pretty much the whole album prior, I'm really enjoying MBDTF.
pimp.gif

Just gotta wait for the dirty version.
nerd.gif

BTW Fergie's being added to  AOTL wasn't that big of a deal either.

eyes.gif

word...not gonna say it's better, but i'm sure i've bumped it longer than any other Ye album
this is probably my least favorite Ye album...it's still dope, but i'm sure the fact that i've heard most of the songs kinda killed it

alot of dudes puttin this ahead of Graduation, i don't know why

even off of first spin, GD had me like 
eek.gif
...with this cd, i was kinda bored waiting t see if Ye changed anything significant to any of the tracks...he didn't

Man if I never heard any of these songs before I think my head would of exploded from the awesomeness.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I stay away from leaked tracks...
So the only songs I heard on here was "Power" and I did listen to "DIAND" like 3 or 4 times when it first leaked...

I'll review it when I get in from work...

Gotta give it a SOLID 2-3 more burns...

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

eyes.gif

word...not gonna say it's better, but i'm sure i've bumped it longer than any other Ye album
this is probably my least favorite Ye album...it's still dope, but i'm sure the fact that i've heard most of the songs kinda killed it

eek.gif
...with this cd, i was kinda bored waiting t see if Ye changed anything significant to any of the tracks...he didn't
Why do dudes keep %##*+ about the fact that monster,So Appalled and devil in a new dress was put on the album

Seriously it is just three songs out of 13 and plus DIAND had extra stuff added to it 

Dudes will get mad over any little thing plus you still got the bonus tracks and  more good fridays songs 
eyes.gif

You have only yourself to blame for rushing to listen to the leaked tracks 
tired.gif

Ok... lets be clear... Matt Lauer played the hell out of Ye... I finally got to watch the video but Matt really went OD on that SINGLE question.

I thought Ye kinda went overboard on calling him out afterwards but Matt REALLY had the answer he needed 3 separate times and KEPT pressing.

Ok... lets be clear... Matt Lauer played the hell out of Ye... I finally got to watch the video but Matt really went OD on that SINGLE question.

I thought Ye kinda went overboard on calling him out afterwards but Matt REALLY had the answer he needed 3 separate times and KEPT pressing.
full vid?

nerd.gif

what are you guys listening to? am i completely missing something? i skip every track until all of the lights ... then Devil in a New Dress ... then Hell of a Life ... then Lost in the world ... ... ... 4 %@@!!$! songs ...

Graduation %%++% on this album ... i dont know what yall are listening to ... the first two songs suck ... he forces his damn punchlines too much ... i hope theres an extra deluxe super edition coming when it really drops because this CD SUCKS ...

Kanye never disappointed me with his albums until 808s and this is another dud ... *waits for the real release to confirm* ...

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

tired.gif

Or we can blame Kanye for originally stating that they wouldn't be on the album 
ohwell.gif

Either way you slice it...Out of 12 songs (interlude doesn't count), there are 7 songs that were out before release date. If that's cool with you...fine...but to NOT see how that would be disappointing for some people is ridiculous. 

I don't mind having a few joints out...but when I listen to a new album...I'd prefer that I haven't heard more than half of it before.

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

what are you guys listening to? am i completely missing something? i skip every track until all of the lights ... then Devil in a New Dress ... then Hell of a Life ... then Lost in the world ... ... ... 4 3 %@@!!$! songs ...

Graduation %%++% on this album ... i dont know what yall are listening to ... the first two songs suck ... he forces his damn punchlines too much ... i hope theres an extra deluxe super edition coming when it really drops because this CD SUCKS ...

Kanye never disappointed me with his albums until 808s and this is another dud ... *waits for the real release to confirm* ...

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

eyes.gif

eek.gif
Why do dudes keep %##*+ about the fact that monster,So Appalled and devil in a new dress was put on the album

Seriously it is just three songs out of 13 and plus DIAND had extra stuff added to it 

Dudes will get mad over any little thing plus you still got the bonus tracks and  more good fridays songs 
eyes.gif

tired.gif
Dark Fantasy and Lost in the World were feature in their entirety in the movie
All of the Lights had a prominent feature, too

plus he put out Power and Runaway

thats 8 songs on a 11 track album

he should've at least released the movie closer to the release date of the album...same week even...not mad about the Good Friday joints...i really appreciate what he's doing, but as far as his actual album goes, it's disappointing 

Originally Posted by Im Not You

tired.gif
ohwell.gif

Either way you slice it...Out of 12 songs (interlude doesn't count), there are 7 songs that were out before release date. If that's cool with you...fine...but to NOT see how that would be disappointing for some people is ridiculous. 

I don't mind having a few joints out...but when I listen to a new album...I'd prefer that I haven't heard more than half of it before.

This. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

tired.gif
ohwell.gif

I don't see how you can be dissapointed in a guy who's been giving you free music every Friday. Even if he did throw most of them on the album. Even then he took the time to master them and make them even sound better by the time they reached the album. So let me get this straight...you're mad that guy gave you free listens of 7 songs from his 13 track album? And why doesn't Interlude count? That's probably one of my favorite tracks on the album. I wish he flowed over it.

I haven't listened to 1 song yet that hasn't released. I've dedicated myself to waiting until release date to listen to albums and I've been doing this for a while.

Makes me feel like it's '99 all over again..

How come everyone is acting like all this anger about hearing the songs beforehand is because WE couldn't wait and listened to LEAKED songs. These songs weren't LEAKED, they were RELEASED on Kanye's own website. He wanted us to download them to get hype. Now he's selling them on his album. End of story.

Originally Posted by thejrob

How come everyone is acting like all this anger about hearing the songs beforehand is because WE couldn't wait and listened to LEAKED songs. These songs weren't LEAKED, they were RELEASED on Kanye's own website. He wanted us to download them to get hype. Now he's selling them on his album. End of story.

/thread

Pretty much. I don't even get why people do that anyway. The album won't sound any better or worse if you hold out.

Originally Posted by tooreal23

/thread

Back
Top Bottom