[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

Originally Posted by True Blues

Anyone else's Deluxe copy not have the gold trim around the artwork?

Yeh i copped the deluxe too, but no gold trim either?
However my "Naked Sphinx straddling Kanye" cover and actual cd isn't blurred out...
nerd.gif

Album is fire, mixing and arrangements are
pimp.gif

[h4]
[/h4]

Originally Posted by binman3k3

However my "Naked Sphinx straddling Kanye" cover and actual cd isn't blurred out...
nerd.gif

pimp.gif

[h4]
[/h4]
Pics? Where did you buy it from?

nerd.gif

pimp.gif

[h4]
[/h4]
pics?

Yeah True Blues sent me a pic of his copy and the pics aren't blurred out. I thought it was a possible change done for the Canadian release but I guess not, like he also mentioned there's no gold trim either.....I'm looking forward to picking my copy up tomorrow.

u think theyre gunna rerelease this with more songs eventually or should i just cop now?

Im from Canada, so I scooped mine up from HMV. I talked to a buddy of mine who said he got his from Best Buy and his copy was blurred out

241o8bn.jpg

Im from Canada, so I scooped mine up from HMV. I talked to a buddy of mine who said he got his from Best Buy and his copy was blurred out

241o8bn.jpg
Yeah, I'm in Canada, and mines the exact same. Must have had something to do with the Canadian distribution.

As far as I know, HMV and Sunrise are the only 2 places that don't have the blurred copies.

241o8bn.jpg

well we americans will never get it this man.. its not the artwork that was offensive but what people think/made it out to be which is offensive its art man!!!

Wasn't the part he did of Power in the Runaway video supposed to be on the CD?

I bought the Deluxe today, even though I wasn't happy with how much of it wasn't new to me
laugh.gif
Only Kanye album I haven't bought was 808's. Other than that, bought every one on release date.

Is it just me or do Monster/So Appalled feel SUPER outta place on this album. Don't get me wrong, I love both songs, but before that it just seemed like the album kind of has a theme to it, and those 2 songs do not fit it at all.

Originally Posted by SirDilbert2k10

I'm probably a few pages late but the pitchfork review doesn't surprise me at all... 
All pitchfork ever does is take the consensus of message boards like hipinion and dishes out a score, and they were touting this as the best of the year/landmark hip-hop album and pitchfork followed suit by giving it a 10.

There was no way this thing was gonna get anything less than Big Boi's album (9.2) after all that hype
THIS. 
Pitchfork is a joke. 

Incredible album,by far the best of this year. There's not one song that you would want to skip past. "All of the lights" is probably the best song I've heard all year. If Em's "love the way you are" went number 1,there's no way that all of the lights shouldn't. The production on the album by 'Ye,Premier,RZA,etc was about flawless. Once again 'Ye came through with a classic album imo.

241o8bn.jpg
mad.gif

^

Devil in a new Dress,Runaway,Blame Game and Lost in the World are considered going downhill??

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

joeykadesh wrote:
roll.gif

Finally copped it, now I'm going to edit Ross, Nikki and Chris Rock off the album 
First thing I did. Took Nicki's ******ed speech off the first song. Took Ross' mumbling off Monster, I actually like parts of Nicki's verse on Monster but when she switches back and forth with that stupid accent and voices....she had to go. Ross was HORRIFIC on "Devil in a New Dress". Overall I think it's Kanye's best album, it's great. I do think it's getting a little too much hype and credit. I would easily replace 2-3 of these songs with some of the GOOD Friday joints 

roll.gif
roll.gif
Seriously? You just like to say words that ends with ific my dude

Back
Top Bottom