[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

what i dont understand is, why is everyone so upset about it being 90 seconds? he wanted to make something that made a statement, and the video *ahem* portrait did just that. it made a statement. It gave you a visual of the track.

he didn't want to make the traditional music video. if he did, then one would assume he could just call up hype williams or something. he wanted to try something new, which he did.

i appreciate it for what it is, sure i was kinda upset at how it ended under a minute almost but whatever. i haven't watched a music video in almost 2 years, the hell do I care about a video. i want an ALBUM.

Kanye made 3 hip hop albums then came from left field with 808's, now he's pushing his creativity and imagination by doing something else he wants to do. its his music, its his money, its his vision. if he wants to make a 90 second still motion visual to go along with his song then so be it. he's paying for it, and its his song.

it just seems like a lot of you are *****ing and moaning about it like you had some sort of participation in the creation of it, or like you paid for an album and only got 1 minute long tracks. you say it for free on television.. hell... half of you watched it online.

Kanye hasn't done anything wrong until he doesn't deliver with another solid album. so stop complaining.

/late night rant

what i dont understand is, why is everyone so upset about it being 90 seconds? he wanted to make something that made a statement, and the video *ahem* portrait did just that. it made a statement. It gave you a visual of the track.

he didn't want to make the traditional music video. if he did, then one would assume he could just call up hype williams or something. he wanted to try something new, which he did.

i appreciate it for what it is, sure i was kinda upset at how it ended under a minute almost but whatever. i haven't watched a music video in almost 2 years, the hell do I care about a video. i want an ALBUM.

Kanye made 3 hip hop albums then came from left field with 808's, now he's pushing his creativity and imagination by doing something else he wants to do. its his music, its his money, its his vision. if he wants to make a 90 second still motion visual to go along with his song then so be it. he's paying for it, and its his song.

it just seems like a lot of you are *****ing and moaning about it like you had some sort of participation in the creation of it, or like you paid for an album and only got 1 minute long tracks. you say it for free on television.. hell... half of you watched it online.

Kanye hasn't done anything wrong until he doesn't deliver with another solid album. so stop complaining.

/late night rant

Does not Dionysius seem to have made it sufficiently clear that there can be nothing happy for the person over whom some fear always looms?

Does not Dionysius seem to have made it sufficiently clear that there can be nothing happy for the person over whom some fear always looms?

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Besides it being so short, I liked it.
pimp.gif

illuminati talk is soo dumb....

i guess that was it

I was expecting it to be a lot longer like the director's other video....but guess not....oh well.

illuminati talk is soo dumb....

i guess that was it

I was expecting it to be a lot longer like the director's other video....but guess not....oh well.

Honestly, in this generation music videos are mostly about what gets the most views on Youtube. So as long as it gets views on youtube and raises interest, then it did its job. Who really watches Top 10s like TRL (do they still have that?) and 106 anymore?

Honestly, in this generation music videos are mostly about what gets the most views on Youtube. So as long as it gets views on youtube and raises interest, then it did its job. Who really watches Top 10s like TRL (do they still have that?) and 106 anymore?

I think the video is classic.

I know I wouldn't be able to stand a video like that if it was the length of the entire song - we would have gotten bored by the end of the 2nd verse. Plus it's like we had to watch the video again and again and notice more elements to the video that we previously didn't catch.

Funny thing is that I remember a lot of complaints on how short the Flashing Lights video was and now this!?!
laugh.gif

I think the video is classic.

I know I wouldn't be able to stand a video like that if it was the length of the entire song - we would have gotten bored by the end of the 2nd verse. Plus it's like we had to watch the video again and again and notice more elements to the video that we previously didn't catch.

Funny thing is that I remember a lot of complaints on how short the Flashing Lights video was and now this!?!
laugh.gif

I dont like how Kanye did Dwele dirty like that again tho. first the Flashing Lights video, and now this. I know its his video and he could do whatever the hell he wants with it, but he didnt figure he should make a full length video and actually include Dwele in it this time around?

I dont like how Kanye did Dwele dirty like that again tho. first the Flashing Lights video, and now this. I know its his video and he could do whatever the hell he wants with it, but he didnt figure he should make a full length video and actually include Dwele in it this time around?

The vid was decent imo, too damn short though...

But, does anyone else feel the urge to cop a Horus Chain?
thinking about picking this up.

2iw13yd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom