THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Who's coppin the red fk lows
I hope to get em. Will try for those and WTL. Only planned to spend about 300, so whichever i'm lucky to ATC, i'll grab.

I want to cop the Red Knits, but my wife wants a pair of WTLs 
tired.gif
. Dont really wanna spend $700+ on shoes this weekend, so its gonna be a game time decision. 
$700+, so you're trying to cop 2 pairs of WTL plus the red FK? Man, what a task, good luck.
I haven't gone for a release in a little while. Do you guys think the countdown setup makes it easier or harder for people trying manual? Because I'm not about that bot life
Yeah the countdown helps a lot. Where i'd usually strike out, I've actually been able to ATC more often. The only pair I had no chance at was the Moon landing Max 90.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of this Dusty Cactus EM pair. The tongue alone makes it look promising, I don't recall a Nike Kobe shoe not ever featuring a prominent shozoku logo.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of this Dusty Cactus EM pair. The tongue alone makes it look promising, I don't recall a Nike Kobe shoe not ever featuring a prominent shozoku logo.
Off the top of my head, last time they didn't feature the Shozoku were on the Zoom Kobe 4s Carpe Diem and POPs (playoff packs) but i could easily be wrong on that.

I got mine on ebay.  Search for carbon fiber vinyl matte or glossy depending on your preference.  Around $5 shipped for an 8" X 10" sheet.
thanks man. repped as promised..

thought about ordering a gold/black one..probably be ill as shhhhhh

i just got a regular carbron fiber one tho

If you're talking about that "calandar release from footlocker", there isn't a september 31st (when that cw was put on there), and when I go to footlocker's release calandar I don't see any high top releases. Only the elite low reds for this saturday, and the em "dusty cactus" pair later. Look into things yourself, not everything on the internet is true.

Also, that calandar they posted didn't even go into December, I'm pretty sure the 9s will still be coming out for a good month or so after December atleast.

Im not/wasnt talking about that Footlocker release calendar...but thanx!

There's absolutely no way we have made it this far without any new leaked pics of anything coming out in TWO weeks.

I think it will be a lowtop, i know the code says high but i cant see nike stopping at 3 lows and then pulling out three highs till dec.

I think these and the rest will be lows till the X early next year.

Id love some more Hightops but whatever its been an awesome model nonetheless and lows are more versatile

They only sell fakes though hope its not sum bs

"kobe 9 low blk mamba"
Sorry, wasn't sure if they were selling reps or not.  My bad if it does turn out to be

Just saw this and it appeared to be an EM low that features the colors in that style code that was listed a couple pages back.  

I absolutely hate getting up at 5am on a Saturday, especially if I strike out. But it is what it is, can't resist the Reds.

I really will never understand the attraction of most of the WT shoes.

I'll be copping the FK's though. And hopefully the Beijings. Another $300 Sat. morning.
I personally do not own any of the WT series but I could only see these shoes as being collectors pieces. I kinda like the concept of them I just do not like them lol. One may change my mind but I feel these are collector shoes

I haven't really liked any of the What The shoes, but I do like the Lebrons coming out tomorrow because they feature colorways from his entire sig line so the historical tie in I think is pretty cool. If they did something similar for an upcoming What The Kobe, I'd probably be interested in them too for that reason, especially since I own a lot of the older sigs. I don't think I'd really rock them much, but they'd be a cool piece to have.

I want to see the reds in person before I decide between those and the china em

I haven't really liked any of the What The shoes, but I do like the Lebrons coming out tomorrow because they feature colorways from his entire sig line so the historical tie in I think is pretty cool. If they did something similar for an upcoming What The Kobe, I'd probably be interested in them too for that reason, especially since I own a lot of the older sigs. I don't think I'd really rock them much, but they'd be a cool piece to have.
i'm sure we'll get a wtk retirement which will have some of the prelude as well as some of the other famous pairs like Grinch and chaos

i'm sure we'll get a wtk retirement which will have some of the prelude as well as some of the other famous pairs like Grinch and chaos
Wtk retirement
laugh.gif
. You're sure about that huh.
nope but nike likes to milk stuff, heck I don't understand the whole wtlXI concept I mean it's awesome from a career point, but his career isn't over kobe got the prelude pack like this was his last yr I didn't understand that either other than nike milk money

Wtk retirement :lol: . You're sure about that huh.

nope but nike likes to milk stuff, heck I don't understand the whole wtlXI concept I mean it's awesome from a career point, but his career isn't over kobe got the prelude pack like this was his last yr I didn't understand that either other than nike milk money

you can almost guarantee nike drops a prelude bron pack

with everything he's accomplished so far I wouldn't doubt it even a KD prelude pack will come eventually, nike's in the business of money first products second that's why I believe in a WTK retirement similar to the WTLXI, I mean Kobe got the first WT shoe, and is 2 in already, with KD getting his first this yr it's almost guaranteed we see a WTK9 it's just hmmmm it's gonna be interesting to say the least

Yeah.

But, the Kobe prelude pack made sense to me. It was leading into a game changing shoe design and the return to a high top, a basketball shoe that didn't look like any basketball shoe before it (let's forget those UA monstrosities, since someone might cite them because of their height). I don't follow the LeBron line closely, but his shoes do not seem to be an early adopter of technology, and hasn't been innovative lately silo wise, imo. Say what you will about the FK-Fuze, the IX is still the first BBall shoe to use it, and there are several other cool innovations on the IX high (ankle gusset, traction pattern, blah blah).

Even the "storytelling" is better with the Kobe line, and I don't care for storytelling. LeBron CW's are like "This is the everglades CW. FLA, get it?" "This is South Beach/Miami Nights etc - see, kinda the Miami Vice colors, and looks like Miami night life!" "How about 3 or 4 Heat CW's? Good!" "How about we do graffiti again?"

I think it's possible though, if a sig down the line is a game changer.

I do think they could start retro-ing some LeBron stuff now though... 

Back
Top Bottom