The official LBJ IV review Post !!!

those who've balled in them. did you go to your regular size? or did you go half size down like the 2k4s, 2k5s and zk1s.... i REALLY need to know.
most men lead lives of quiet desperation - thoreau

Question if I wear a 13 in 20.5.5's what size should i pick up? Answer back asap!
WANTED AF1 Delta Storm, Retro IV white/cement/black,Lebron II black b-day edition.all sz13

dang it! half sizes are so hard to find!
WANTED AF1 Delta Storm, Retro IV white/cement/black,Lebron II black b-day edition.all sz13

i picked up mines for $110 and it was well worth it. I wore it around casually today just to get used to them a lil. hopefully i'll find some time to play in them soon.
AIM - Haught Mofo

I can't wait to get mine from Eastbay these are going right to the courts!
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
What You Know About That!​

"Love me or hate me, it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved, for the exact same reasons."-Kobe Bryant
Lakers On The Rise!

I've heard the cushioning described by some as firm and by others as soft. I'm confused. I too would like to know how it compares to the 20.5.5's.

wow, a lot of people are vouching for the half size down.

i got my in my regular size on the way from ebay.
Clutch.

Nascar,and Poker ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

well i purchased these just like my huarache 2k series and zoom kobes... a half size down. and the sizing is PERFECT (just like the others). i didnt play ball in them but i did shoot around and do some dribbling drills in them for a few hours and they are pretty damn sweet. these are instant classics. shoes are a tad heavy when worn but the fit is stellar. could easily be the best overall bball kick for me (beating out the previous winner... my screenname).

mine the arch feels a lil far forward i may pick up a half size down and compare. it is tricky to get on at first but after a few wears they 'slip' on.

finally got mine today, this is definitely a shoe way ahead of its time, 100% comfort shoe easily overtakes jordan xx, xxi, 360, 180, lbj 3, 2, etc. in terms of overall comfort. the shoe really feels like it is made for your foot, and fits like a glove. the zoom air in it is kinda hard to describe, the heel feels like a softer, squishier 20.5.5 (feels just as deep), while the front feels like a firmer more responsive lbj 3, of course i have only worn these for a few hours so it may change after i have broken these in

ahead of it's time? hardly... foamposite isn't new. neither is zoom air. it's a great shoe but ahead of it's time it's not.

Played in them briefly and I must say that these will likely be the best shoes I've bought in a long time. Great fit, support, and cushioning out of the box. The only downside is they are a bit hot. If these shoes continue to feel great during games, I will buy multiple colors.

-S

if you're feet are gettin super hot, get dri-fit socks. i made the change and it helps quite a bit.

the technologies that are the in the shoe are not new but, the overall feel of the shoe and how they perform as well as how they implemented all these "old technologies" to work so well together makes it feel like its way ahead of any other shoe on the market right now. makin foamposite work like a nike free with a carbon fiber "spring plate" to bounce back or the zoom air at the top of the insole is something that is not found in any other shoe right now.

I might be a bit late, but I just want to echo the fact it's probably a good idea to go half size down. I tried them on today in 3 separate stores and reconfirmed that the last on the ZL4's is quite long. My feet are between 10.5 and 11 and I normally go with size 11 for a comfortable fit but size 10.5 fits just right for the ZL4's. I get a ton of room in the toe area in a size 11 so if people go with their regular sizes, front-to-back movement can be a concern.

Also, they really don't feel as heavy as people have been talking about. They felt a bit heavier than H2K4s, probably in the rough ballpark as the ZL3's and XX1s. One thing I did notice is they are extremely comfortable. People ain't lying when they said the ZL4's are more comfortable than the ZL3's and XX1s. Not only is this the case, but the ZL4's probably have everything Nike has released in the past year (at least) beat by a considerable margin.

I'm personally not too crazy about the black/white-varsity red colorway since I'm waiting for the white/navy-metallic gold ZL4's, but people will be doing themselves a big favor if they can pick these up with the 40% discount tomorrow morning (IF THEY ARE ALLOWED).

I agree with juschiang, the lbj IVs aren't as heavy i thought it would be. Everybody said the downfall was the weight but i disagree. When i tried these on the traction was great and i messed up not copping these when there was a buy 1 get 1 half off sale on all shoes. I should of bought a 20 dollar shoe and than bought the lbj IVs for 75!

^the second pair of shoes have to be of equal or lesser value than the original pair :wink:
but ya they're not that heavy compared to what i was expecting

these are crazy comfy shoes. great basketball overall in my opinion.

+​
LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS
2006 Pacific Division Champions
signature by TLNB​

Truly a great pair of shoes. Both design and performance wise.

Sizing
I went with a half size down. I tried on my regular size 10, but they definitely seem to run long to me. I really suggest that people try these on themselves seeing as how some people have said they got their true size.

Comfort
Spectacular. I really don't have the words to describe how comfortable I was when wearing these. Very good breathability. Comfort is truely unmatched in my opinion. With the Lebron III, I had a serious problem with the weight of the shoe, being a point guard I felt pretty restricted in the III. Despite the fact that the IV is also a heavy shoe, the weight was not as much of a factor. I also loved the transition with the IV as opposed to the III, it didn't feel like it was just a giant slab of rubber, and felt much more natural underfoot. Not to mention, when it comes to comfort you can't get much better than Foamposite.

Ankle Support
Once again, in my opinion an improvement over the III. While the ankle support of the III was practically bulletproof, it didn't fit my style of play well. I felt very restricted which was part of the reason I didn't play regularly in the IIIs. With these, the protection was still there without being overly restricting.

Cushioning
Following in the footsteps of the previous Lebron sigs, the IVs provided excellent cushioning right out of the box. Even after three hard hours in the gym, I felt like I could keep going all day.

Overall, I would have to give these shoes a grade of A. The only minor downfall was the traction. The court I play on is clean for the most part but I found myself slipping on certain occasions. Traction is usually something I really value in a shoe but the Lebron IV came through in all the other areas of concern. If you're looking for a shoe that will provide top of the line performance, this is it.

Quote:
I had a serious problem with the weight of the shoe, being a point guard I felt pretty restricted in the III
TeamCowboysI think TO had the popcorn on his gloves!!!

Back
Top Bottom