The official LBJ IV review Post !!!

i wear a size 9.5 in kobes. what should i go in these?
-------
i want a team.

The zoom LBJ IV's are one of the best balling shoes on the market today.

This shoe has great court feel and the weight isn't a problem at all.
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
What You Know About That!​

"Love me or hate me, it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved, for the exact same reasons."-Kobe Bryant
Lakers On The Rise!

Quote:
I never get this what are you guys like 100lbs? LOL I'm kidding but I'm a pg also and never have problems with heavy sneaks at all. I know they are heavy but for the most part I don't have any problems blowing by/D'ing up people in these are any heavy sneaks.

It's not like it has the big of an effect on how you play. I just feel weighted down. It's really all mental, playing in a light shoe makes you feel faster.

im in the process of breaking them in and boy is it tough. I've already lightly tweeked my ankle in these shoes but, dont worry its not the shoes, i was just playing a guy who decided to use hes legs as a spike strip in the lane (damn ppl need to learn how to play proper d) I didnt go all out yet due to the sore ankle but i see a lot of potential. i love the comfort and court feel but they do get pretty hot during game play. I think its gonna take more than a 1 or 2 wears before these start to feel like my own.

xkevz: i'd take a 9.5 but a 9 would probably be good..best if you try them on

wow played in these today and the cushioning is ridiculous..super comfortable shoe
the cushioning is a little bit mushy but not a big deal..
the weight wasn't really a factor
traction wasn't bad either
by the way..they still look vvvvnds if not ds
FOR SALE:
NYC ED. LEBRON IV sz9
TRUE BLUE III sz10
BLK CHROME VIII sz9.5
BLK CEMENT IV sz8

i actually opted to go with my regular size. i have wide feet, and though the 9.5's were a better fit length-wise, they cause my pinky toes to go numb. the 10 fit pretty good width-wise, but just slightly too much room in the toe-box area.

before i use these outdoors, i was wondering...do these stretch out? being that foamposite is a synthetic material, i didn't think they would...but if they do get wider the more you wear them, i may return them for a 9.5

so...do they stretch?
Team Philippines

nah man foam doesnt stretch. It just shapes itself to your foot.

any one else having a problem with that heel pull tab that is attached to the booty slipping down? Its not a big problem, but is a bit of a nuisance. But other than that. The shoes are real nice man.

Aight so I tried the shoe on and...it is a lil' stiff at first, the cushioning i mean. Second the shoe seems a lil' heavy but not too bad. Third, the shoe doesnt seem to have the greatest traction, but i mean which lebrons really did. I think the shoe overall is a good shoe, and it would seem like it would withstand a nuclear bomb...but if you're not very fast or quick to begin with, these won't help. And just to let you know I'm about 5'8" 170, holla......

i saw my eastbay catolog today and these were listed at 20.7 oz :wow:
eek.gif
but i think the kevin garnett 3's were still heavier :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAM KING KOOPALaDainianTomlinson06-07NFL MVP

yeah man, I got the KG 3s, and they are heavier

but I balled in my lebrons for the first time today, I wasnt planning on playing today, I was just gonna try and get the uppers broken in completely by just wearing them casually. But a bunch I ran into a bunch of my friends from high school, and we had a little senior year basketball team reunion pick up game. But anyways I didnt have any problem with the fit, quite the opposite. The shoe hugged my foot perfectly. The only problem I had in this category is the velcro on the strap isnt that strong and the strap on my right shoe came un done when I was D'ing my brother up, and it started flopping around, I looked down to see if something was wrong with my shoe, and got scored on, but that was the only problem

The cushioning is just perfect for me. I havent been playing a lot lately cause of some torn cartiladge in my right knee, and when I did play I was dealing with hesitance issues, and not wanting to get hurt, but for some reason, I wasnt worrying about my knees as I set screens, and went strong to the rack, I also noticed that I was landing correctly instead of landing directly on my left foot to protect my right knee. So the cushioning is great.

Comfort is just astounding. Really that is all there is to stay, also the issue of the heel pull tab, that I mentioned yesterday didnt seem to bother me today.

if your a 9.5 in the ZK1 i would reccomend a 9.5 in these as well. but trying them on in person is your best option.

I'm buying these shoes tomorrow. From what I've heard only problems are ventiliation and traction. cant wait to bust em out on the court.
"Love me or hate me, it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved, for the exact same reasons."

Buy My Size 11 OG Red/White XII's: http://p093.ezboard.com/fniketalkfrm15.showMessage?topicID=50191.topic

Traction wasnt a problem for me, but then again, I am a power forward so it isnt as big a deal for me, but I though the traction was really good

traction is excellent on these. keep them clean and you'll do well. i play a wing / sf position for whatever it's worth.
most men lead lives of quiet desperation - thoreau

Good for wide feet or not? Somebody, who owns both ZK and LebronIV, please tell me, are the Kobes' sole considerably wider than the Lebrons' ?

I have a little wider than average feet, and the width was not an issue for me.

I dont have the ZK's though so I cant compare

I have wide feet and although I love the previous foam shoes, the Foamposite, Flightposite, Flighposite II KG and Flightposte III, they are all a little narrow for me (except for Foamposite, which is OK after one wearing.) It took me about 3-5 wearings to get used to flightposite I and II and I cannot wear the III at all, they are too narrow.

So i was nervous about the LBJIV, but I am very happy they fit great on me. Now I know why so many people love them and said they are the most comfortable shoes ever. They fit about as well as any pair of sneaker can possibly fit. As much as I like the previous Lebron's, this one tops them all!!

I would rate the lebrons in this order (performance wise),

IV > II > 20.5.5 > AZG > III

I'd just like to add here that I don't like Vince Carter very much. I appreciate his ability, and I still think his performance in the 2000 Dunk Contest was the most incredible athletic feat I've ever witnessed, but he's almost impossible to watch in a game situation. He uses said athletic ability to avoid all semblance of contact. Then, when he misses the ensuing acrobatic shot, he whines and sulks when he doesn't get a bailout call. Want calls, Vince? Drive straight to the basket and actually TAKE the contact. ~SlamEd

This thread blew up !!! Keep it coming. I want everyone's opinion in comparison to mine. I still love these shoes even though they're a little heavy. I would rather ball in the ZKIs because they're lighter and I'm a KB fan. The ZLIV is more comfy. Both shoes are great on the court.
C O O K # 4 5

watever u guys do, just dont get ur laces stuck to da velcro!!! it messes up da shoelaces >:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif

I Just Dont Collect Jay's, I ROCK em

i played in these for 4 hrs yesterday and they're amazing on the court...comfort and fit were great and the court feel was on point

the only problem i had was that the foamposite on my right shoe was digging into my ankle (where the strap separates from the foam upper), more than likely from hard cuts

in comparison to the ZK1s, i say they're about even, i believe the lebrons are more geared towards big men while the zoom kobes are designed for light guards...still love both shoes though

blah!

are the am 360 bb's a better shoe to get?
Kickmasterz...... The albinoz...... TEAM ROC
TEAM STOP LYING SON.......we doin dudes dirty.
WE GOT A FSR IN THE ORLANDO PENNY'S. 145 SHIPPED TODAY. HIT ME UP WITH A NOTE.

My Review:

Cushioning:
First things first, the cushioning on these is phenomenal, maybe the best i've ever experience. Firmer than the 2's and more forgiving than the 3's.

I can't say i've ever really experience cushioning that felt like the cushioning in these shoes. The midfoot support in these shoes is absolutely superb without being intrusive. It feels as if there is a separate air bag, that is shaped like my midfoot in the middle of the shoe.

Court feel is good and the cushioning feels very resilient thanks to the carbon fiber plate beneath. Transition was also excellent.

Im not sure if i've ever owned a shoe with the cushioning in the insole before, just one more thing to geek out over. *

10/10

Fit:
On to the foam upper. This one was a little odd for me because although the shoe fit well width wise and felt as if it had my feet locked in farely well, i still experienced some slippage from side to side when moving laterally. A little lace adjusting and futher molding of the foam should take care of that problem.

While on the issure of the upper the laces on these shoes are annoyingly hard to get at and while i wont go to the point of modifying the shoe as some have, it's definitely a headache i could do without in a pair of shoes.

On another note i felt as if there was a little heel slippage if the shoe was not laced up all the way to the top inner eyelets. However once the top inner eyelets were used the problem was solved.

Many have also said that a half size down is the way to go. I got mine in my regular 10 1/2 and they fit fine. They look a little big but i believe it's just the look of the shoe. (They don't look any longer than my Air Zoom GP III.) Length wasn't an issue on court.

9/10

Comfort:

Comfort is very good. Wouldn't say most comfortable shoe i own as it would get trounced by many running shoes in this area but that's a given. However at the moment i still wouldn't say they are the most comfortable basketball shoes i own. I would prefer the more casual feel of a H2k4 or a LBJ2 but that still places it 3rd among many different bball models i own and that's very good. I can't even fully say it wont take over the top spot as the foam still has some molding to do but the shoe grows on me by the minute.

The boot is fantastic and is the first REAL full length inner boot i've seen in a while. To call whatever was in the LBJ3 an inner boot is a joke. Other shoes such as LBJ 2's and h2k4's are half boots as far as im concerned as back of these meld into the shoe. Pippen 2's are close but you can still stick you finger into large holes around the insole easily.

As far as bball shoes go 10/10

Safety Factor.

Ankle support is good without being too restrictive and that's all i can ask for as ankle protection has never been a big issue for me. It's good to know a shoe has you back tho.

Lateral Stability is excellent. On the aformenitoned side to side slippage the shoe never felt like it was going over or taking off without me. Traction was good but i generally play on pretty clean courts so i've never really had to many traction problems.

10/10

Visuals are a personal thing so i'll just the state my opinion. If you like busy shoes this may be the best looking shoe ever.

I dont think ive ever just sat there with a shoe in my hand and geeked out over it for as long as i did with this shoe. The full length carbon fiber plate is implemented stunningly as far as visuals go and the translucent outsole is a nice touch. I so glad that they went with a true varsity red this year instead of crimson.

Overall i give this shoe a 10 out of 10 and being that it's already so close in so many categories and will only get better with more wear, i'd give these shoes a decent shot at become the best ball shoes i've ever had.
Clutch.

Nascar,and Poker ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

i have to say that ventilation could be a little better
even though i was wearing dry fit socks...
FOR SALE:
BLK CHROME VIII sz 9.5
BLK CEMENT IV sz8
STEEP TECH APOGEE XL and XXL
HYVENT + FLEECE KIDS XL
GORTEX + FLEECE MENS XL

Back
Top Bottom