***The Official Legalization of Cannabis Thread***

Originally Posted by GetHigh420

I'm voting no today. The government cant dip there greedy little hands in everything.
So instead of the State of CA profiting in about 1.4 billion in annual tax revenue per CA Board of Equalization analysis, you would rather have citizens incarcerated and fined?

Plus the BOE currently already collects roughly $100 million in sales taxes from dispensaries anyways so the govt already has their hands in this.  

Originally Posted by GetHigh420

I'm voting no today. The government cant dip there greedy little hands in everything.
So instead of the State of CA profiting in about 1.4 billion in annual tax revenue per CA Board of Equalization analysis, you would rather have citizens incarcerated and fined?

Plus the BOE currently already collects roughly $100 million in sales taxes from dispensaries anyways so the govt already has their hands in this.  

I dont smoke, and i would vote for it.

Cant be any worse than what alcohol already does.....and people abuse that everyday.

I dont smoke, and i would vote for it.

Cant be any worse than what alcohol already does.....and people abuse that everyday.

still no documented cases of death via being high.....
(dono if they count people like Gregory Isaacs & his lung cancer though).....

what I don't understand is the argument folks make that its ok for alcohol, but not for cannibis?
that's one that always blew me out the water.....

education in the end is the best way to keep these things out of your kids hands if that's the only reason you're against it.

still no documented cases of death via being high.....
(dono if they count people like Gregory Isaacs & his lung cancer though).....

what I don't understand is the argument folks make that its ok for alcohol, but not for cannibis?
that's one that always blew me out the water.....

education in the end is the best way to keep these things out of your kids hands if that's the only reason you're against it.

Originally Posted by Boss Unk II

1f826836784e3f35f0d6dc009535d0c2e8c222d6_r.jpg

[h2]http://reason.com/blog/2010/11/02/winners-do-drugs-again[/h2]
[h2]Winners Do Drugs, Again[/h2]
Matt Welch | November 2, 2010

LincecumPot.jpg

Proposition19 may or may not pass, but the debate over it has mainstreamedmarijuana in a way I don't remember in my adult lifetime (which, infairness, began in that darknight of the drug war soul, 1986). One small step in thisdirection was, of all things, this year's World Series, which endedlast night with a dazzling pitching performance by the SanFrancisco Giants' resident longhair and guilty potpossessor, Tim Lincecum. Giants fans and Prop. 19 supporters alike havebeen sporting "LetTimmy Smoke" T-shirts, and now, with a World Series ring to gowith his two Cy Young Awards, Lincecum can take his rightful placejust behind Michael Phelps as a guy who just says yes and thenkicks your @%+, at sports.

And unlike Barack Obama, George W. Bush, and Bill Clinton,Lincecum continues to believe that inhaling is the point: Asked howhe thought San Francisco would react to the championship, hesaid: "A lot of beer flowing, smoke in the air, I'mhoping."
Never underestimate how deviancy in the sporting world canripplequickly through the culture at large.

[h2]http://reason.com/blog/2010/11/02/winners-do-drugs-again[/h2]
[h2]Winners Do Drugs, Again[/h2]
Matt Welch | November 2, 2010

LincecumPot.jpg

Proposition19 may or may not pass, but the debate over it has mainstreamedmarijuana in a way I don't remember in my adult lifetime (which, infairness, began in that darknight of the drug war soul, 1986). One small step in thisdirection was, of all things, this year's World Series, which endedlast night with a dazzling pitching performance by the SanFrancisco Giants' resident longhair and guilty potpossessor, Tim Lincecum. Giants fans and Prop. 19 supporters alike havebeen sporting "LetTimmy Smoke" T-shirts, and now, with a World Series ring to gowith his two Cy Young Awards, Lincecum can take his rightful placejust behind Michael Phelps as a guy who just says yes and thenkicks your @%+, at sports.

And unlike Barack Obama, George W. Bush, and Bill Clinton,Lincecum continues to believe that inhaling is the point: Asked howhe thought San Francisco would react to the championship, hesaid: "A lot of beer flowing, smoke in the air, I'mhoping."
Never underestimate how deviancy in the sporting world canripplequickly through the culture at large.

Originally Posted by DFABIX

proof that cannabis is not a performance enhancing drug.......

did you see the world series?  
laugh.gif

Anybody know how much a lincecum jersey gonna cost me?

Originally Posted by DFABIX

proof that cannabis is not a performance enhancing drug.......

did you see the world series?  
laugh.gif

Anybody know how much a lincecum jersey gonna cost me?

lol at dirtys word being treated as gospel. Anyway it's interesting that legal marijuana has come so far, but I think it is a long time before it becomes legal on a federal level if it ever happens at all. Also I'm not sure it is going to stop criminal marijuana production, sale, and usage simply for the fact that people aren't going to want the watered down stuff that the government is selling them. Lastly, I've done it before, but until jobs don't discriminate against it, than I can't either.

lol at dirtys word being treated as gospel. Anyway it's interesting that legal marijuana has come so far, but I think it is a long time before it becomes legal on a federal level if it ever happens at all. Also I'm not sure it is going to stop criminal marijuana production, sale, and usage simply for the fact that people aren't going to want the watered down stuff that the government is selling them. Lastly, I've done it before, but until jobs don't discriminate against it, than I can't either.

when do we find out if it passed? i think a lot of people are gonna be disappointed..

when do we find out if it passed? i think a lot of people are gonna be disappointed..

Back
Top Bottom