***/***The Official Meek Mill thread ***/*** (It's Maybach Music.. Nice)

This whole "Dreams" concept needs to die. It was never good and now hes beating it into the ground. If the next album/mixtape from him has the word dream in it then
indifferent.gif

Maybe if the album came out in like august or whatever like it was supposed to it would have been received better. Hype was at its highest point then.
I just can't listen to this after GKMC
ohwell.gif
Bruh...I'm in the house last night and I threw Meek's joint on after playing GKMC for a minute...

All that screamin won't cut it...

Flow is B grade anyway

I doubt it :lol:

Bet money on it. The reputation that Sean has a bunch of "empty bars" and is just silly is well...just silly. The very first track off of detroit completely dismembers what you are trying to say about sean.

But whatever, this is the official meek mill thread. Dreams and Nightmares in stores tomorrow.

I doubt it
laugh.gif
Bet money on it. The reputation that Sean has a bunch of "empty bars" and is just silly is well...just silly. The very first track off of detroit completely dismembers what you are trying to say about sean.

But whatever, this is the official meek mill thread. Dreams and Nightmares in stores tomorrow.
THANK YOU.

That comment was bugging me.

Ya'll forgot everything Sean has done on his mixtapes? As if half his first album wasn't on some completely introspective tip anyways. 

Comparing this to Illmatic? :rofl: Damn, new writers/bloggers are just as delusional and new music fans

THANK YOU.
Ya'll forgot everything Sean has done on his mixtapes? As if half his first album wasn't on some completely introspective tip anyways. 

Big Sean's own voice dismembers what you both were trying to say about him. He could have Nas write his rhymes while Wu-Tang films it Rakim's house, but it wouldn't matter since his voice makes Trina sound like Barry White.

Last edited:
bought and listened to the album.. all i can say is i woulda rather bought dreamchasers 2 and had this as his mixtape

and he wasnt kidding about the comparrison
mean.gif

"Early critical response likened “good kid, m.A.A.d. city” to “Illmatic,” the debut album by the revered Queens rapper Nas, but the comparison holds truer for “Dreams and Nightmares.” While “Illmatic,” like Mr. Lamar’s album, was primarily a document of observation rather than participation, it didn’t reject the tastes of the day and wasn’t a coherent narrative concept album. It aimed for success, much as Meek Mill’s does."

rest of the article here http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/29/a...rs-with-debut-albums.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Last edited:
Comparing this to Illmatic? :rofl: Damn, new writers/bloggers are just as delusional and new music fans

THANK YOU.

Big Sean's own voice dismembers what you both were trying to say about him. He could have Nas write his rhymes while Wu-Tang films it Rakim's house, but it wouldn't matter since his voice makes Trina sound like Barry White.

oh. So just say you dont like his voice and dont listen to his stuff as opposed to saying things about his lyrics that arent true.

It's decent, I like Meek, but I just wish there were more tracks like "Traumatized, Polo and Shell Tops, Tony Story, In God We Trust", and things like that where he speaks on his life experiences and real street stories, things he's gone through and less "Young and Gettin It, Believe It" and tracks like that....I for one like the passion he puts into his music but it can be overboard sometimes. It's like 6-7 of the songs on there are 4/5 and then a lot of em are like mixtape filler type tracks which kinda detract from the dope songs on there a bit...its solid overall though, he has it in him to make songs like the ones I mentioned earlier I just wish he didn't have stuff like "Young and Gettin It" that song is hot garbage lol

Last edited:
this album was pure trash

I loved the into, amen, & young kings thats about it

too much screaming

I DONT WANNA HEAR A ALBUM FULL OF "IMA BOSS's"

you can be street and club and still switch it up Future, 2 Chainz, & Juicy J did it

THANK YOU.

oh. So just say you dont like his voice and dont listen to his stuff as opposed to saying things about his lyrics that arent true.

What exactly did I say about his lyrics? I didn't once mention his lyrics, that was another poster. I actually don't think he's a bad rapper in turns of content and putting words together and stuff. I just think he sounds awful, which negates any of the good stuff he could even possibly say. And I very much do listen to Big Sean, cause when people do this " :x :pimp: :pimp: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :pimp: :pimp: " after one of his songs, I wanna be able to fairly judge him.

This Intro is tough, but I may have lost my hearing when the beat started to drop.

In God We Trust is hard as **** :pimp:

The type of rapper Meek is he should stick to those type of tracks. I only kept like 8 songs.

Back
Top Bottom