The Official Metal Gear Solid 4 Thread Vol. Snake's Last Hurrah | It's Out | Don't Post Spoilers!

Originally Posted by KlassSickFresh 87

So you can only play those metal gear songs with the ipod or can you play your own tracks???

That's a dope feature, I brought it out on mistake and was like "oh snaps, this is dope"! I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that MGS4features custom soundtracks. I would try it, but I have no music on my PS3.

Has anybody else been using the MK II a lot? I have, especially in battles were I have to sneak around the city, I constantly bring out dude and get myRaiden on, word to Mortal Kombat. Also pressing L1 for alternate view and X for flashbacks = refreshing take in a videogame, plus the fact you feel like yourwatching or playing a movie (seeing it from a director lens) cuz the screen has a glass like casing over it where you see dust particles hits it,
eek.gif
eek.gif

Anyone figure out if you can alternate between the left and right side of the over the shoulder view??? Just having the right side kinda blows when you'renear a wall. Other than that, awesome game!

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by KlassSickFresh 87

So you can only play those metal gear songs with the ipod or can you play your own tracks???

That's a dope feature, I brought it out on mistake and was like "oh snaps, this is dope"! I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that MGS4 features custom soundtracks. I would try it, but I have no music on my PS3.

Has anybody else been using the MK II a lot? I have, especially in battles were I have to sneak around the city, I constantly bring out dude and get my Raiden on, word to Mortal Kombat. Also pressing L1 for alternate view and X for flashbacks = refreshing take in a videogame, plus the fact you feel like your watching or playing a movie (seeing it from a director lens) cuz the screen has a glass like casing over it where you see dust particles hits it,
eek.gif
eek.gif
You're slacking on your sig. You couldn't make them capital? I still have the OG that JBlackcat (RIP
tired.gif
) made. Anyways... what's good with that headband?

Does anyone know how many acts are in the game? I'd hate for it to be short
mad.gif

Originally Posted by StangzNkickz50

Anyone figure out if you can alternate between the left and right side of the over the shoulder view??? Just having the right side kinda blows when you're near a wall. Other than that, awesome game!
Hit R3 (push in the right analog).

man, the ending of act 3 is insane, liquid snake is real gangsta. Snake is a straight up soldier....thats all I can say

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by StangzNkickz50

Anyone figure out if you can alternate between the left and right side of the over the shoulder view??? Just having the right side kinda blows when you're near a wall. Other than that, awesome game!
Hit R3 (push in the right analog).
thanks man, appreciate it.

No problem! I was having the same problem.... now I just go into first-person whenever I am against a wall.

Just finished reading the IGN review..... "If a game was able to get an 11 (out of 10), this would be that game"
pimp.gif

3 more hours of pretending to work!!
mad.gif
laugh.gif

just finished chapter 2. that white stuff he was throwing up confirmed my suspicions all along
laugh.gif

Yo I just picked this game up today but I never played any of the MSG series before. Should I just wait and play through 1 and 2 (xbox) ( I don't have aps2 and my PS3 is a 40GB so I can't play the 3rd one) and wait it out until this game gets cheaper? I don't want to be confused and be like !$*.

Originally Posted by salbah3

Yo I just picked this game up today but I never played any of the MSG series before. Should I just wait and play through 1 and 2 (xbox) ( I don't have a ps2 and my PS3 is a 40GB so I can't play the 3rd one) and wait it out until this game gets cheaper? I don't want to be confused and be like !$*.

It would probably be cheaper to just go on Wikipedia and read about it, you dont actually play all that much in MGS 2 anyway

Yo I just picked this game up today but I never played any of the MSG series before. Should I just wait and play through 1 and 2 (xbox) ( I don't have a ps2 and my PS3 is a 40GB so I can't play the 3rd one) and wait it out until this game gets cheaper? I don't want to be confused and be like !$*.
NC Twin posted a very helpful article that went over the important parts.... back on page 15 or so...

I didn't play 2 or 3, but it got me up to speed, basically. Still a few small things I was confused with, but they worked themselves out.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Battousai7o1

Not too reveal too much, but I just watched the BEST FIGHT SEQUENCE EVER!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif

I need a seperate thread to discuss the storyline thus far... so many amazing plot twists. I KNOW someone else has to be doing this..... fell back to my COD roots... all I rock is the M4... silencer and red-dot...
laugh.gif

Stupid girl is coming over.... I have to shut it down for the night...
mad.gif
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

yo i use the m4 most of the time in the game too bad the red dot sight isnt as good as cod4

the machine gun badass though, makes snake scream like rambo!

anyway i just finished act 2 and wow!!!! laughing beauty is mad freaky but still do-able. her past reminds me of soujiro seta
Yea, I left off at the Mission Brief for Act 3. I am going to try and get some work done tomorrow afternoon, so I can have the evening to play it.

And from the first mission, I said screw stealth... I went in guns blazing. How else you going to get enough Drebin points?
laugh.gif

And Mayor. I have never understood why you have gotten so many damn chances on NT. All you do is log-on, irritate as many people with your assinine points of view, then procede to get banned. Take a hint. No one likes you. Just end it.

actually u get more DP when u hold up a soldier and give them a pat down. they give u a lot more items rather than shooting them down

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Oh yeah, for pre-ordering at GameCrazy, I got a free MGS4 bandana. It's white and it has snake picture drawn in black brush stoke paint, %!$# is fly as hell,
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

This +%$%+ Mo was like "c'mon mike sell it to me", psh, dude is crazy.

Ducktales. I definitely didnt say "sell".
laugh.gif
But I'm with Chris on the whole "going back to my COD4 roots" thing. All I rock is the M4 and the P90. I couldn't figure out how to customize them though. I'm at the part where I just left the whole FoxHound crew and I'm going to meet Liquid. I only played a couple of hours last night and I got an 11 hour shift at work today so I'm not gonna play any until about 7pm
smh.gif

the M4 is imo definitely the best gun ( along with the tranq pistol) since its so customizable.

to customize: go to weapons menu, then highlight a specific gun and press L2. some guns cant be customized though but most are. M4 + shotgun FTW (and u get3 different shotugn shells)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yup i picked up the 80 gig bundle yesterday morning, and started playing last night a bit, will play a lot later on tonight. it's awesome. what difficultyare ya'll playing on?

Not too reveal too much, but I just watched the BEST FIGHT SEQUENCE EVER!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif

I need a seperate thread to discuss the storyline thus far... so many amazing plot twists. I KNOW someone else has to be doing this..... fell back to my COD roots... all I rock is the M4... silencer and red-dot...
laugh.gif

Stupid girl is coming over.... I have to shut it down for the night...
mad.gif
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

yo i use the m4 most of the time in the game too bad the red dot sight isnt as good as cod4

the machine gun badass though, makes snake scream like rambo!

anyway i just finished act 2 and wow!!!! laughing beauty is mad freaky but still do-able. her past reminds me of soujiro seta
Yea, I left off at the Mission Brief for Act 3. I am going to try and get some work done tomorrow afternoon, so I can have the evening to play it.

And from the first mission, I said screw stealth... I went in guns blazing. How else you going to get enough Drebin points?
laugh.gif

And Mayor. I have never understood why you have gotten so many damn chances on NT. All you do is log-on, irritate as many people with your assinine points of view, then procede to get banned. Take a hint. No one likes you. Just end it.

actually u get more DP when u hold up a soldier and give them a pat down. they give u a lot more items rather than shooting them down

How do you pat them down? Walk up behind them with your gun aimed? Meh.... Headshots FTW.

Pic before I cracked it open yesterday:

Family photos:

The briefing before the mission was crazy!!! I like being able to switch to the Mk. II to explore the room. I was watching Sunny play PSP and everything. Otacon has a PS3 too. I also found the camera too while looking around. This thing just gets better and better.

I don't think I'll be checking out Liberty City again anytime soon...
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom