THE OFFICIAL MLB 10:THE SHOW THREAD! RELEASES TUESDAY MARCH 2ND!

Originally Posted by InfinityWard

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Man, I can't justify buying a PS3 just to play this game

smh.gif
This game is the only reason I want a PS3. Not looking forward to dropping $60 on 2k10
smh.gif
Because GoW3 isn't worth it either?  Common, there are plenty of other games that justify dropping the 300 on a PS3.  Having a Blu-Ray player justifies $150 of that price by itself.

How's the online play for the show?

I'll probably get it this weekend.

add me: dopeitsronnie

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

First time playing "The Show" franchise and I like it a lot, but my dude in RTTS can't hit and can't run.
laugh.gif
Any tips?

Who are you guys getting drafted by?

Patience at the plate, it cannot be stressed enough in this game. The running will come around later, just allocate more training points to the baserunning stats.

I got drafted by the White Sox. Named my guy Rico Suarez.
laugh.gif

I got it last night and
eek.gif
 at the graphics.  I can't hit for !!#@ and I can't pitch for !!#@.

This is the firsst tim I've tried to play a baseball video game since Bases Loaded, so I've got to play more to get the hang of it.

Man do I suck
laugh.gif

Playing against my friend where we swing at every pitch is a lot different than playing against the computer. In my Road to the Show I'm like 3/24 right now with 15 strikeouts
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

How's the online play for the show?

I'll probably get it this weekend.

add me: dopeitsronnie

A guy on the last page said that it was terrible but I have played 2 games and it has been solid, overall. There are hiccups here and there but it is good.

Originally Posted by OnlySomeJordans

Originally Posted by patrickcakes

First time playing "The Show" franchise and I like it a lot, but my dude in RTTS can't hit and can't run.
laugh.gif
Any tips?

Who are you guys getting drafted by?

Patience at the plate, it cannot be stressed enough in this game. The running will come around later, just allocate more training points to the baserunning stats.

I got drafted by the White Sox. Named my guy Rico Suarez.
laugh.gif

Seriously, you gotta have one hell of an eye in this game because the AI doesn't help you for %%@$. Like, you gotta really CHOOSE a pitch, and HIT the ball. Just because it is a strike that doesn't mean swing
laugh.gif
, that's why you ground out or fly out. Gotta pick a good pitch, just like real baseball

I'm getting better at hitting but pitching I'm so lost...Hoping to start my season with the mets but I'm scared
laugh.gif

I'm one of the people buying a ps3 just for this game too... had a ps3 for a while but it had the YLOD a whileeee back. I want the slim anyway.. went into Gamestop and they are soldout which was surprising to me. I can wait though, this game franchise is a damn gem.

Has anyone tested out if they've improved on the AI's ability to deal logically in making trades? ie putting more worth on prospects vs old vets with higher ratings

Also, what are you guys finding as the best deal out there to pick up the game under retail? Trading in old games for discount? Buying off of Bing?

So excited to play this year's game

I was just on the Operation Sports forums in The Show 10 section, looking through the Pic/Video thread. Let's just say, I just put myself through torture and am now in a state of depression.

Honestly, I bought 2K10 earlier today, and have enjoyed playing it thus far. But reading through the OS forums about The Show and how it's practically flawless and then looking through the pic/video thread, I would practically kill for a PS3 during baseball season. I envy you all who have this game.

With that said, if you want the link to the Pic/Video thread, well, you can all go %*#! yourselves.

Spoiler [+]

This game to me is damn near perfect as it is, but it's the little things that I've already noticed and make the immersion seem more real.

- Catcher's taking off their masks to catch pop-ups.
- Catcher's looking left and right quickly so they can find a ball that went to the backstop.
- This one was a real kicker for me, seeing certain fans wearing non baseball apparel, i.e. green Boston(Celtics) basketball jersey's in the stands.
- Seeing fans reach over the railing for foul balls.
- The new check swing animations.

There's probably a bunch more but theses are the ones I've picked up from playing the last few days.

I want to get this game bad, but I have heard about one too many bugs so I am going to wait a few weeks before I purchase this game.  That is if they actually patch all the bugs in the game.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

How is the online play though?
Haven't played online yet but I'm getting mixed reactions from friends. Some are getting smooth games all the way through, others are getting crazy lag at some part of the game.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Went to gamestop and traded madden in for this.......They gave me $25 + the 50% extra trade in value plus the 10% for the membership thing.......Only had to pay $35 for it.

psn is below.....but i havent played a baseball game since the show 08.......hopefully its not too different.

Can anyone tell me if all gamestops do this and what exactly is the deal?... I have an edge card so if i bring my Madden 10 in with my edge card then i will pay $35 as well?

Online play experienced no lag for me really... only played twice though.

WHY THE HELL DOES EVERYONE USE THE YANKEES? Man F that, I hate playing online.

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

Online play experienced no lag for me really... only played twice though.

WHY THE HELL DOES EVERYONE USE THE YANKEES? Man F that, I hate playing online.
It's like that for every sports game online.  I suggest only playing people you know or getting on a forum like Operation Sports and finding people to play against. Playing randoms will almost always result in playing the Lakers, Cavs, Yankees, Red Sox etc.

The Yanks are my team but if I play online I don't use them bc I know ppl would get all pissed...I just wait until the other person picks a team then I try to match up with them

Back
Top Bottom