The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

I'm not in the camp of "Stern is the devil" like some.. but let's remember both sides will present facts in the best way for their cause. So if Stern says the players rejected 50/50 that's going to cause shock by the public at the "greedy players"

http://twitter.com/#!/RicBucher
http://twitter.com/#!/RicBucherRicBucher Ric Bucher 

FWIW: 50-50 BRI split sounds fair because splitting anything 50-50 sounds fair. In this case, it's 50-50 of what owners deem to share.

http://twitter.com/#!/RicBucherRicBucher Ric Bucher 

Example: Let's split a pizza. I'll split four slices with you, 50-50. The other 12 slices? Not pizza. Bruschetta. I keep the bruschetta.

And to be fair, Hunter/Fisher and the players will also spin the truth to make them look the best, so it's not just Stern that's potentially guilty. But it seems as if the 50/50 split wasn't a formal offer by the owners during the meetings.

im hungry too... im stuck with left overs though
30t6p3b.gif

Knicks really needed a full training camp and pre-season. The NBA players need to fall back and stop being thick headed, NBA players get paid too much, the contracts have to much guaranteed money, word to Marbury and eddie Curry.

Knicks really needed a full training camp and pre-season. The NBA players need to fall back and stop being thick headed, NBA players get paid too much, the contracts have to much guaranteed money, word to Marbury and eddie Curry.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I said after this past year ended and I still just can't believe people can be this dumb. You have your best product in over a decade and now you want to throw it all away.

I do NOT blame the players at all, they seem willing to compromise. Owners are not.

potentially Taking one of the final years away from guys like: Kobe, Dirk, Pierce, Nash etc and a prime year from LeBron, Dwight, Rose, Melo, Kd, etc is shameful.

Only hardcore fans will return if this thing goes anywhere into February or beyond and I don't blame anyone who (again) has no interest in the NBA.

I agree wholeheartedly

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I said after this past year ended and I still just can't believe people can be this dumb. You have your best product in over a decade and now you want to throw it all away.

I do NOT blame the players at all, they seem willing to compromise. Owners are not.

potentially Taking one of the final years away from guys like: Kobe, Dirk, Pierce, Nash etc and a prime year from LeBron, Dwight, Rose, Melo, Kd, etc is shameful.

Only hardcore fans will return if this thing goes anywhere into February or beyond and I don't blame anyone who (again) has no interest in the NBA.

I agree wholeheartedly

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

@stevenkylerNBA A couple of comments... a 50-50 split of BRI amounts to about 47% of all revenue, as BRI excludes a percentage of some revenues.
@stevenkylerNBA The analogy is I collect $100... I pull $20 out for myself & then we share whats left.. if I give you 50% of whats left, did we share 50-50?
@stevenkylerNBA You got $40 and I got $60, thats not a 50-50 split, that's how BRI works.... Both side interchange these concepts to suit their message.
@stevenkylerNBA Whats not in BRI --- 60% of from arena signage - 60% of from luxury suites - 50% - 55% of naming rights ----- a huge chunk of $ off the top.
I get out of class and come across this.
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

@stevenkylerNBA A couple of comments... a 50-50 split of BRI amounts to about 47% of all revenue, as BRI excludes a percentage of some revenues.
@stevenkylerNBA The analogy is I collect $100... I pull $20 out for myself & then we share whats left.. if I give you 50% of whats left, did we share 50-50?
@stevenkylerNBA You got $40 and I got $60, thats not a 50-50 split, that's how BRI works.... Both side interchange these concepts to suit their message.
@stevenkylerNBA Whats not in BRI --- 60% of from arena signage - 60% of from luxury suites - 50% - 55% of naming rights ----- a huge chunk of $ off the top.
I get out of class and come across this.
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Seriously The NBA does a fantastic job of making the players look bad I'm honestly impressed and kind of in awe of it. Reminds me of how the GOP gets people to vote against their own interests. Very interesting.

Seriously The NBA does a fantastic job of making the players look bad I'm honestly impressed and kind of in awe of it. Reminds me of how the GOP gets people to vote against their own interests. Very interesting.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Stop it.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Stop it.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

I wasn't fully aware of the BRI breakdown, but after a few analogies

51.gif
Edit:
@vgoodwill In the 50-50 deal, a certain amount is held in escrow, so the owners would get everything to make it 50-50, which=rollbacks, technically
@vgoodwill Long story short, a salary is withheld until the final #'s come in. If 50-50, owners would get all $ to make it 50-50, if that make sense
@vgoodwill Just to review: the players offered over $2 billion in givebacks over the life of the CBA, 200 million/season...owners said, not good enough
@JonesOnTheNBA A rollback of player's BRI split from 57% to 50% is a rollback of existing deals...through the escrow system. Stern got y'all believing b.s.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

I wasn't fully aware of the BRI breakdown, but after a few analogies

51.gif
Edit:
@vgoodwill In the 50-50 deal, a certain amount is held in escrow, so the owners would get everything to make it 50-50, which=rollbacks, technically
@vgoodwill Long story short, a salary is withheld until the final #'s come in. If 50-50, owners would get all $ to make it 50-50, if that make sense
@vgoodwill Just to review: the players offered over $2 billion in givebacks over the life of the CBA, 200 million/season...owners said, not good enough
@JonesOnTheNBA A rollback of player's BRI split from 57% to 50% is a rollback of existing deals...through the escrow system. Stern got y'all believing b.s.

Back
Top Bottom