The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

mj-laughing.gif

Guys, come on. 
laugh.gif

David Stern saving a puppy from a fire, and players buying something they don't need didn't give it away? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
We have to feed our servants too. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You all need to recharge them sarcasm meters, they runnin low right bout now. 

Guys, come on. 
laugh.gif

David Stern saving a puppy from a fire, and players buying something they don't need didn't give it away? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
We have to feed our servants too. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You all need to recharge them sarcasm meters, they runnin low right bout now. 

Aye man... this lock out has me too on 10 for $$@+ like that.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

I didn't even read the extra story titles... All I saw was "A WISE & BENEVOLENT MAN: David Stern just wants whats best for everybody" and I freaked out...

Well Played Sir... Very Well Played.
tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

I didn't even read the extra story titles... All I saw was "A WISE & BENEVOLENT MAN: David Stern just wants whats best for everybody" and I freaked out...

tired.gif

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

tired.gif

Players, league can't agree on Monday meeting

The National Basketball Players Association requested a meeting with league negotiators for Monday before the first two weeks of the regular season are canceled and could not agree with NBA officials on the parameters, a union source told CBSSports.com.

NBA officials did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the information released by the union, which is now planning regional meetings Saturday in Miami -- in conjunction with the All-Star exhibition game involving LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and other stars -- and Monday in Los Angeles.

According to the union source, the league would agree to a meeting Monday -- the deadline set by commissioner David Stern for canceling the first two weeks of regular season games -- only if the players agreed beforehand to accept the NBA's offer of a 50-50 revenue split. The union declined, the source said.

This latest round of posturing comes as negotiations reach the potential home stretch after the sides trimmed $1.6 billion off the gap between them Tuesday but couldn't agree on the final number on the split of the league's $4 billion in revenues. When the two sides walked away Tuesday, the league had put an offer of 49-51 percent for the players, and the players had responded with a 51-53 percent band.

As the two sides saber-rattle their way into the next meeting -- whenever that might be -- I leave you with this quote from Friday's column in which a team executive tries to predict what happens next.

"You don't walk away from a deal that close to being done," the executive said. "You posture, you draq your heels, you pontificate, you demean the other side, you invoke all the evils in the world. But you don't walk away. Something's got to pop soon."

That's where we are. Get ready for some first-class hand-wringing, foot-stopping, finger-pointing and fireworks. That's how you know this is almost over.
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/32566143Link

The National Basketball Players Association requested a meeting with league negotiators for Monday before the first two weeks of the regular season are canceled and could not agree with NBA officials on the parameters, a union source told CBSSports.com.

NBA officials did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the information released by the union, which is now planning regional meetings Saturday in Miami -- in conjunction with the All-Star exhibition game involving LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and other stars -- and Monday in Los Angeles.

According to the union source, the league would agree to a meeting Monday -- the deadline set by commissioner David Stern for canceling the first two weeks of regular season games -- only if the players agreed beforehand to accept the NBA's offer of a 50-50 revenue split. The union declined, the source said.

This latest round of posturing comes as negotiations reach the potential home stretch after the sides trimmed $1.6 billion off the gap between them Tuesday but couldn't agree on the final number on the split of the league's $4 billion in revenues. When the two sides walked away Tuesday, the league had put an offer of 49-51 percent for the players, and the players had responded with a 51-53 percent band.

As the two sides saber-rattle their way into the next meeting -- whenever that might be -- I leave you with this quote from Friday's column in which a team executive tries to predict what happens next.

"You don't walk away from a deal that close to being done," the executive said. "You posture, you draq your heels, you pontificate, you demean the other side, you invoke all the evils in the world. But you don't walk away. Something's got to pop soon."

That's where we are. Get ready for some first-class hand-wringing, foot-stopping, finger-pointing and fireworks. That's how you know this is almost over.

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski As another union source just told Y!, "If the league wants to meet with us Monday, they'll have to get their !+%%@ out to LA."5 minutes ago
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski Union source says: "This just confirms what we suspected all along: The NBA was never serious about negotiating until guys missed checks."13 minutes ago
tribjazz Brian T. Smith Told NBA played its trump card Tuesday with 50-50 offer and was shocked when union stood its ground. League's reported refusal to meet ...10 minutes ago

Back
Top Bottom