The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by PMatic

Zach Randolph and Rudy Gay may not be superstars but they sure as hell are not role players either.
They're getting paid like franchise players & they're not. If Memphis had a franchise player last year in the playoffs, I think they would've played better & possibly gotten past Dallas.

I've read tweets from reporters saying some players want to accept the 50-50 split and get the deal done.

and here we go with this crap.

just like it will be big owners VS small market owners for some issues. it will become star players that can afford to miss a few pay checks or the season VS role players who cant miss any checks  
You shouldn't buy a sports franchise to make money.  You should buy a sports franchise if you're willing to do whatever it takes to make them a winner, "losing" some money in the process and all.

so youshould only invest in products and companys that you will buy stuff from and like it and not ones that will make you the most $$$? come on now be real with that comment.

The Tampa bay bucs owner didnt buy the Man U soccer team because he loved soccer it was because it was going to make him a !@!* load of money

I've read tweets from reporters saying some players want to accept the 50-50 split and get the deal done.

and here we go with this crap.

just like it will be big owners VS small market owners for some issues. it will become star players that can afford to miss a few pay checks or the season VS role players who cant miss any checks  
You shouldn't buy a sports franchise to make money.  You should buy a sports franchise if you're willing to do whatever it takes to make them a winner, "losing" some money in the process and all.

so youshould only invest in products and companys that you will buy stuff from and like it and not ones that will make you the most $$$? come on now be real with that comment.

The Tampa bay bucs owner didnt buy the Man U soccer team because he loved soccer it was because it was going to make him a !@!* load of money

Zach Randolph and Rudy Gay may not be superstars but they sure as hell are not role players either.
They're getting paid like franchise players & they're not. If Memphis had a franchise player last year in the playoffs, I think they would've played better & possibly gotten past Dallas.

Originally Posted by psk2310

That's a fair assessment, though Z-Bo was producing like a franchise player when the playoffs rolled around.

He just didn't quite get enough help from the perimeter players (to go along with Rudy being gone).

That's a fair assessment, though Z-Bo was producing like a franchise player when the playoffs rolled around.

He just didn't quite get enough help from the perimeter players (to go along with Rudy being gone).

I'm not a fan of his game (at least what it was before the injury) but it would've been interesting to see what Rudy could've offered. I like seeing teams like this do well. It makes watching games interesting. Need to see more of that.

I'm not a fan of his game (at least what it was before the injury) but it would've been interesting to see what Rudy could've offered. I like seeing teams like this do well. It makes watching games interesting. Need to see more of that.

It sucks that the season is either going to be delayed, severly delayed, or canceled because I was looking forward to see how Irving does for the Cavs, what Derrick Williams was going to do for the Wolves... So many interesting story lines...

It sucks that the season is either going to be delayed, severly delayed, or canceled because I was looking forward to see how Irving does for the Cavs, what Derrick Williams was going to do for the Wolves... So many interesting story lines...

I think the business model the NBA, specifically the teams have been following is definitely broken. With the economy tanking, no one is going to NBA games during the entire 82 game season, nor are corporations buying the corporate boxes/suites. Revenue streams are gone too.

The problem is the management in teams for proly half the league need help from themselves. Look at the Grizzlies. Is Zach Randolf really worth $71 mil over 4 years? Is Rudy Gay really worth $80 mil over 5 years especially since they won & went deep into the playoffs last season without him?

Both of these dudes are role players at best yet they were given these monster contracts under the guise they were paid "market value". We could name countless examples of contracts like these that teams are paying out.

With decisions like these, I can see why teams aren't making money.

BTW, the Grizzlies are one of the teams NOT losing money if I'm not mistaken. I know they weren't last season.

I think the business model the NBA, specifically the teams have been following is definitely broken. With the economy tanking, no one is going to NBA games during the entire 82 game season, nor are corporations buying the corporate boxes/suites. Revenue streams are gone too.

The problem is the management in teams for proly half the league need help from themselves. Look at the Grizzlies. Is Zach Randolf really worth $71 mil over 4 years? Is Rudy Gay really worth $80 mil over 5 years especially since they won & went deep into the playoffs last season without him?

Both of these dudes are role players at best yet they were given these monster contracts under the guise they were paid "market value". We could name countless examples of contracts like these that teams are paying out.

With decisions like these, I can see why teams aren't making money.

BTW, the Grizzlies are one of the teams NOT losing money if I'm not mistaken. I know they weren't last season.

Reminiscent of the last effort meeting in 99 to save the season as Hunter and Stern met all night. Hopefully they do the same

Reminiscent of the last effort meeting in 99 to save the season as Hunter and Stern met all night. Hopefully they do the same

They've been in the meeting for a little over 4.5 hours now.

As much as I want a "fairer" deal for the players, if they can get 50% BRI and guaranteed contracts, they have to accept it. It's not worth it to anyone (well besides the owners) to cancel the first two weeks of the season.

They've been in the meeting for a little over 4.5 hours now.

As much as I want a "fairer" deal for the players, if they can get 50% BRI and guaranteed contracts, they have to accept it. It's not worth it to anyone (well besides the owners) to cancel the first two weeks of the season.

As you quoted earlier, any kind of better deal might automatically take a hit if they lose games... so they need to be smart and think it through if they're going to stand firm at a certain %.

As you quoted earlier, any kind of better deal might automatically take a hit if they lose games... so they need to be smart and think it through if they're going to stand firm at a certain %.

Were I agree. Fair doesn't mean crap. Especially the way the NBA gets the fans to despise and blame the players as things go along

Be pragmatic guys

If I wake up to no progress I'm gonna be angry

Were I agree. Fair doesn't mean crap. Especially the way the NBA gets the fans to despise and blame the players as things go along

Be pragmatic guys

If I wake up to no progress I'm gonna be angry

Back
Top Bottom