The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cavs gonna be tryna get that next Flagrant on Dray from opening tip.

Bron has no shame, I expect an Oscar level performance.

Mike Trout is the best player in baseball but he only has 4-5 chances to drive in runs per game & that's assuming there's guys on base. In football a WR is only as good as his QB & the QB is only as good as the OL.

Basketball is different. One guy could completely take over & almost single handedly win the game. Without Kyrie & LeBron doing what they did in game 5 there is no game 6.

At the end of the day basketball is a team sport but without a superstar you have no shot. There are role players that do the little things but games are won & lost based on how the superstars play.

Last edited:
Mike Trout is the best player in baseball but he only has 4-5 chances to drive in runs per game & that's assuming there's guys on base. In football a WR is only as good as his QB & the QB is only as good as the OL.

Basketball is different. One guy could completely take over & almost single handedly win the game. Without Kyrie & LeBron doing what they did in game 5 there is no game 6.

At the end of the day basketball is a team sport but without a superstar you have no shot. There are role players that do the little things but games are won & lost based on how the superstars play.

there are times when the team as a whole can win it all if the system is in place.
recent spurs, pistons.

Somebody recently posted their playoff record for the past couple years with and without him on the court

Would be nice to see that again
I read something online today after people were talking about and they are like 4-9 with him officiating the playoffs before the cavs series started.

One guy can almost win the game and your example was two guys taking over a game to win.. One person is not gonna win a game for you in basketball

It's still a team game. That's why I don't get all into rings like everyone else. They matter but you're not winning with a bum *** squad and one top 5 player. Put MJ on the Knicks or Sixers, they're not winning the Finals this year.

scott foster is no longer scott foster

he use to make sure the road team won in playoff games but last year it didnt go that wayi believe last time scott foster reffed a road game the home team won in a blow out

so maybe using scott foster is a gambling trick

adam silver 30 for 30 betting on my own games

Last edited:

facts....

One guy can almost win the game and your example was two guys taking over a game to win.. One person is not gonna win a game for you in basketball

Didn't LeBron score over 20 straight vs Boston once? Klay dropping 37 in a quarter is an example of a one man show. Kobe vs Toronto is another example of one man beating a team with little help from teammates in the grand scheme.

Correct, but it is a much heavier weighted variable compared to other sports

Last edited:
It's still a team game. That's why I don't get all into rings like everyone else. They matter but you're not winning with a bum *** squad and one top 5 player. Put MJ on the Knicks or Sixers, they're not winning the Finals this year.
Well Bron's squad is far from bum so I hope that's not your point

I read something online today after people were talking about and they are like 4-9 with him officiating the playoffs before the cavs series started.
Yea I remember it being pretty bad when it was originally posted

There is definitely no other sport where 1 player can tip the scales so much but still a great team will beat a great player anytime.

2014 Bron was 28/7/4 shooting 57% from the field and 51% from 3 and his team got gentlemans swept.

You can't really play any better than that as an individual player, that whole playoffs was proof.

What’s so special about this playoff run in particular? His shooting averages from the field, from deep, and from the charity stripe were all new career highs. The resulting effective field goal percentage (weighted twos and threes) of 61.6% and true shooting percentage (weighted twos, threes, and freebies) of 66.8% both set new career bests for the King, and are both at least 5.0% better than his previous highs set in 2009.

His final player efficiency rating (PER) of 31.1 ranks among the best in the history of the NBA Playoffs. Any way you decide to play the arbitrary parameter game, LeBron’s 2014 playoffs are in the top 10. For players who played at least 100 minutes in the playoffs (which you can accomplish in just one round, mind you), he ranks 10th. Among players who played at least 10 games, he ranks seventh. Among those who made it all the way to the Finals? Fourth best all-time, behind George Mikan in 1954 (33.6), Michael Jordan in 1991 (32.0), and Wilt Chamberlain in 1964 (31.3). He also did it while playing in more games (20) than any of them, showing sustained excellence throughout.

Let us not forget that LeBron practically orchestrated this team sans a few pieces.

I expect Kerr to put Iggy on Bron tonight and put Dray on Love. I'm sure they're expecting the refs to watch him closely and want to give him the best chance to let the game come to him.

Unfortunately, I have the Cavs winning tonight. I've been pretty spot on this series on a game by game basis.

I had the Warriors in 6, but if GS doesn't close out tonight they will find themselves losing game 7 at home. Clev would have ALL the momentum, GS would have ALL the pressure and the Cavs would also be highly motivated to win the series on GS home court the same way GS won in Clev.

Besides, can you guys imagine the narrative the media would run with if this happened? Being the only team to come back down 3-1 in the NBA Finals without home court advantage? It would be the perfect narrative for LeBron finally bringing a title to The Land.

Too much is on the line tonight. GS has got to be feeling the pressure. I really don't want to see the Cavs win a title in my lifetime or win one with LeBron on the team :lol:

Last edited:
2014 Bron was 28/7/4 shooting 57% from the field and 51% from 3 and his team got gentlemans swept.

You can't really play any better than that as an individual player, that whole playoffs was proof.
His stats will always fool you

It's 2/7 not 2-7. I've only seen it incorrectly used on this site, it drives me crazy

I predict a cavs close win tonight with some questionable calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom