The Official NBA Season Thread: Derrick Rose Retires 🌹

this video is instructive

it's not like the defense was totally melting because this guy had a proto modern crossover. He was a good player.

but fundamentally fancy dribbling was just not that valuable in a league with no 3 point line.

Bob Cousy didn't drive winning, Pete Maravich didn't, this guy didn't.
You're probably better off dribbling to a spot and pulling up like Jerry West and Oscar Robertson.

these guys should be recognized as innovators tho

This just validates what I've read and heard from OG's in the past. A lot of players especially the black players were already doing crossovers and advanced moves on the playgrounds like Rucker Park and stuff in the off season runs, but in the league they wasn't having none of that. But MJ, Dr. J, and plenty others got they game from the playgrounds and learned the fundamentals in organized ball.

That 07 class was ELITE. I looked up to that whole class. OJ Mayo was my guy, Rose, Beas, and Love too. NGL 06,07, and 08 were some of the best HS classes for hoops and then we had a hiatus

That can be true. But what Beas is saying can be true as well.

Anyways, this cat is new to me 🔥. Never heard him. I know Cousy got some crazy highlights….but he wasn’t moving like THIS. Sheesh

Like I said. If you had it, you had it. Don’t blame the coaching staff cause you didn’t have any boogie, Kenny smith

Salute OG. Learned something new today

Reactions: HIM
That 07 class was ELITE. I looked up to that whole class. OJ Mayo was my guy, Rose, Beas, and Love too. NGL 06,07, and 08 were some of the best HS classes for hoops and then we had a hiatus
We were truly the last of the analog generation. Still grew up playing park ball and really playing the game 24/7 in a way that I don't think exists anymore.

The 2007 HS basketball Class might really be one of the most talented ever

Harden, Griffin and Gordon as well, among others.

2004 was a really good HS class too.

2025 is setting up to be one of those type of classes for ppl that keep up with recruiting. AJ Dybantsa, Boozer twins, Peterson, potentially Tyran Stokes. And Cooper is actually supposed to be in that class lol. Influx of American talent

Archie is always the first person I think of when people talk about crossovers.

He's actually got a really interesting story. He couldn't get a job after high school so he joined the army. Played intramural basketball and ended up getting discovered by a college scout :lol:

This is a good interview from a while back.

1. 🫡 salute my dawg. “Unmentionables” is easily my favorite Merrie Melodies episode as a shorty 😂Most mfs dont even know who Teeth Malloy is.
Is there more to this character? I looked up the episode and I’ve definitely seen it, but never remembered him.

Back
Top Bottom