The Official NBA Season Thread: California Classic Summer League

Pretty interesting discussion about Luka/Bron/Jokic on the recent Simmons pod. Worth a listen.

Football has always been more popular that’s just the way it is 🤷‍♂️ I’ve gotten less into it as the years have gone by though.

Steph
Poole
Klay
Wiggins
Dray

Looney
Kuminga
White Donte
Ty Jerome

They found it. 9 man rotation. Probably will not need Jamhycal, other than for different matchup looks to stretch the floor (ie Beli from last year)

ill steelo ill steelo , you see what I see :nerd:
The others are definitely showing a pulse. Kinda similar to the year Durant left, Klay hurt, and most of the rotation took a while to understand what was going on before they took off.

I’d definitely still do my due diligence around the trade deadline though

Y’all really be drinking beer? Hate them empty *** calories
You probably don't like the taste of beer then.

Every now and then, I have a taste for it. Usually that revolves around certain food or events like sports. I actually don't like hard liquor at all unless it's mixed with something.

Pretty interesting discussion about Luka/Bron/Jokic on the recent Simmons pod. Worth a listen.

Noted will check it out. thanks. been meaning to get back into the nba podcast relax and listen sort of thing. Did a lot of listening to all the smoke before but it got weird a bit. Also sometimes listen to that set of 4 guys i forget JA Skeets, aussie guy etc.

Unless it’s the NFL where the worst record guarantees the number 1 pick. The whole tanking stuff has always seemed weird to me.

Like there’s no incentive for players to tank. They’re playing for contracts, be it with that team or somewhere else. No reason for them to willingly partake in helping a team have higher odds at getting the number 1 pick when they likely won’t even be around with the team the next season. You can intentionally put the worst players out there, they’re going to try their best and compete.

Unless the coach is absolutely guaranteed job security and is assured his job is safe no matter how bad the teams record is, no incentive for them to get on board with benching or shutting their best players down for the season and playing a bunch of inexperienced guys.

I get hitting the reset button and rebuilding as an organization if you’re stuck in that middle of the pack no man’s land and trading your best players to acquire picks and cap flexibility. And if you happen to be real bad and get the number 1 pick as a result, then so be it. But to just blatantly tank and expect everyone to be on board with it. Just seems wild to me.

Back
Top Bottom