The Official NBA Season Thread: California Classic Summer League

The first clip is what im talking about man. Offensive player was not out of control, he was going up strong. Defender slid in, I mean was he even playing defense? Technically yeah, cutting off a lane taking a charge but thats so whack.

Bail out call.

You need your eyes checked. Either that you or think when a player's shoe begins to crease is when he's jumped already.

I can show you PLENTY of examples where the offensive player is anticipating the defender and counters it with a move or pulls up.

Look at how OC 90% of the offensive players were in this video. We want to reward them?

I'm sympathetic to the argument that banning charges could lead to more out of control/aggressive drives to the basket

I just don't know if that is necessarily a major advantage to the offense. There are other ways to defend those plays

If it led to a big increase in FTs/points in the paint though I would have to agree that it's not a net positive

v6t3fj7sfiua1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sympathetic to the argument that banning charges could lead to more out of control/aggressive drives to the basket

I just don't know if that is necessarily a major advantage to the offense. There are other ways to defend those plays

If it led to a big increase in FTs/points in the paint though I would have to agree that it's not a net positive

There are other ways to defend those plays...and there are other options for the offensive player to avoid drawing charges getting downhill.

Roping this back around to Ja...he literally chose the WORST possible option out of all the ones he had in this situation. The charge call didn't hurt his hand....him being a dumb *** did.

Reactions: MVP
It’s all these super athletic young point guards though. Rose Wall Westbrook Ja - they’re gonna try to dunk on you while they still have their athleticism.

Ja probably the most reckless out of all of them though. Some of his attempts are as if he wants to get hurt.

It’s all these super athletic young point guards though. Rose Wall Westbrook Ja - they’re gonna try to dunk on you while they still have their athleticism.

Ja probably the most reckless out of all of them though. Some of his attempts are as if he wants to get hurt.
The super athletic guy in Sacramento knows when to pull up

:nerd:

I'm still leaning dubs in 7. Sac showed some nerves early on that might resurface in a closeout game. Unless Kings steal one at oracle gotta go with the experienced team. Gonna take everything they got to escape Sacramento alive tho. Lakers gonna vaporize em

Back
Top Bottom