The Official NBA Season Thread: California Classic Summer League

"Lillard was shocked"

Another great example of the writer's strike ending.

We are all blessed with such A tier literature
rejoice (1) (3).png

the way Dame moved and let people around him leak and speak for him about wanting out, and only wanting one place… there really was no going back. Once he made that request then doubled down on only accepting one destination, he should have known there was no way he could go back to the Blazers. I am fine with how Cronin handled it, to be honest I am tired of NBA players always getting their way and it should stop.

End of the day I think Milwaukee is a great fit for him and hope they get a couple rings over then next few years. Dude has half a billion dollars, he can go live wherever he wants.

[Fischer] Payton Pritchard is someone the Portland Trail Blazers have "on their radar" and is a salary that would be headed back in the event of a Jrue Holiday trade to Boston.

Jake Fischer mentions that, in the event Jrue Holiday is traded to Boston, Malcolm Brogdon and Payton Pritchard are two of the salaries that would be going to Portland. And that Portland has a vested interest in the young guard.

[Fischer] Payton Pritchard is someone the Portland Trail Blazers have "on their radar" and is a salary that would be headed back in the event of a Jrue Holiday trade to Boston.

Jake Fischer mentions that, in the event Jrue Holiday is traded to Boston, Malcolm Brogdon and Payton Pritchard are two of the salaries that would be going to Portland. And that Portland has a vested interest in the young guard.
Boston losing Marcus Smart only to get a better version of Marcus Smart is amazing

Kind of worry the Suns are putting Vogel in a bad spot like the Lakers did the last season. Vogel a defensive ace, but no good defenders besides Okogie, Book and Durant when he wants to be. At least these Suns are younger and more athletic than that 2022 Lakers.

That’s why the acquisition of Grayson Allen and Nurk were important. I hope Nurk can get some of his footing back but this definitely is a coaching challenge to balance out the rotation.

The supermax is supposed to be a tool for teams to retain there home grown players.
If players can sign it force their way to their preferred destination the supermax totally useless at that point.

it's probably good for the league that the Blazers held the line.

Dame thought he could sign the supermax, and get out and be sent to his preferred destination if things went bad.
Once you sign that supermax as a 30+ year old player, the team has a lot more leverage over you.

you gotta pick, if you want pick your destination then don't sign the supermax.

but you can't have both.

How many times has the Supermax prevented teams from building properly around said signee

It's not a good thing, right
You see a bit of that in the NFL too. Mahomes signing a 10-year extension to spread the cap hit out.

Once guys are off their rookie deal it’s just tough with that cap.

And we’ll likely never go back to the days of 10-year deals so I don’t know the solution :lol:

this isn't reporting at all. it's a hit piece attempt against the blazers because dame is sour he's gonna be playing big buck hunter in a musty bar in wisconsin vs staring at bbl's on miami beach. we knew this about the league tho. it comes from the higher ups (with often players complying)

the league made its revenue those nights, the team made its profits and the players still got paid. the only ones hurt were the fans.

can't respect dame for spilling the beans on his former team making him sit out 10 games so they could get a better pick. he went along with it "reluctantly," but only they're the shady ones. that's called snitching, no? he's on some scratch your car and slash your tires ****.

Back
Top Bottom