The Official NBA Season Thread: California Classic Summer League

Growing up, something like this may have happened like once every 2-3 years.
Now, it seems like it's a yearly occurrence. Dallaska
I was first here 2017-2020

It snowed once in 2020

Since then I heard it’s snowed from 2021 til now… I ain’t like this at all lol

Growing up, something like this may have happened like once every 2-3 years.
Now, it seems like it's a yearly occurrence. Dallaska

I was first here 2017-2020

It snowed once in 2020

Since then I heard it’s snowed from 2021 til now… I ain’t like this at all lol

How many inches did y’all get today? Is it basically just like ATL from awhile back where it’s a combination of lack of city prep (salting the streets) + people not knowing how to drive in the snow?

Aside from James Harden not liking living in Brooklyn, has there been any player that left a team because they simply didn’t like living in the city?

:stoneface: :smh:

nope.gif

Snow can be bad but I'll take that over freezing rain every time. That is a different beast

I dont want to experience that ever again :lol: :smh:

That stuff had me looking like blades of glory on foot

Yeah it's bad here. My dog didn't even want to go outside this morning. :lol:
If you don't have to leave the house, stay inside.

We got the same shid but not as bad other than Monday. Plus they been out salting and sweeping streets since the weekend. So as long as you are on a main road you’re decent. My daughter been out or school all week, they’re making them do virtual. My ****** *** boss still insists I come on site tho to sit in an empty office and not do a damn thing. I’m not going though, going to text him in an hour thr schools and this day care is closed (which is true) and there 2 four I will be teleworking and can be reached on Teams

Heres my sister’s dog Maxx from yesterday. They live in Ft Worth

10573DE0-6AFA-4D26-B1A4-D96769E402D3.jpeg

It’s always so crazy to see whole cities get shut down with like an inch of snow/ice if not less :lol: :smh:

Stay safe though.
People in the South all have big trucks and suvs and therefore think they dont have to adjust to driving conditions, plus they dont teach how to drive in non optimal conditions in drivers ed anyways. Im looking out the window now and cars are just skating and you can see then still heavy on the gas spinning their tires with no traction .Slow down jackass

People in the South all have big trucks and suvs and therefore think they dont have to adjust to driving conditions, plus they dont teach how to drive in non optimal conditions in drivers ed anyways. Im looking out the window now and cars are just skating and you can see then still heavy on the gas spinning their tires with no traction .Slow down jackass

Plus y’all probably don’t prioritize AWD over RWD like folks up north.

I tried to get an awd for the lowski one time to supplement the smaller but more gas efficient Kia Optima Hybrid EX loaded. It was like a 99 Blazer, I pull up and dude is in his garage working on it and hes like oh yea the drivers side door doesnt shut. I said alright thats cool because you could see when you close it the parts that hit together come together it just doesnt latch so I figure worst case my Dad can fix that, something needs to be tightened or lubed. He dropped the price from 800 to 600 for me and i drove home on the highway without issue, other than having to use my left arm to hold the door closed then i got smart and used a bungee cable. Works but when you turn right it lets the band stretch and the door swings open. Also every ride it gets progressively worst driving, hick ups, takes multiple times to start, turns out it was leaking oil badly and he had just filled it up so itd test drive well enough. My dad couldnt fix the door or didn’t want to. I ended up ust throwing that ho right back on Craigslist and some dude copped 2 days later for the same 600. Saw the truck a few weeks later at big lots, he had fixed the door and oil leak and gave it to his sister and she wrecked it

Obviously there is probably a lack of salting, poor planning, but the issues seem like they’re mostly folks refusing to use common sense and caution.

Iirc this new weather pattern down there is going to be the norm thanks to some melting icecaps and wind patterns. Idk, I’m no meteorologist.

I wonder if Bron would be willing to take a bench role somewhere ANYWHERE else. Maybe a two year farewell tour back in the ‘Land with their young core?

I wonder if Bron would be willing to take a bench role somewhere ANYWHERE else. Maybe a two year farewell tour back in the ‘Land with their young core?

Cleveland doesn’t have a 3 that is starting over Bron, man :lol: I did think about this though because I wanted to see if Wade came off the bench at the end of his career (he did). No way Bron goes that route IMO.

Ppl are jus stupid asf when it comes to stuff like this. They be driving their mustangs out in ice storms thinking all will be well

That’s why up north a sports car should strictly be a luxury (ie you have an AWD sedan or SUV as well) otherwise you might work yourself into some shoots. Even though there are workarounds like rideshare services, the surge prices when it snows are no joke.

Back
Top Bottom