The Official NBA Season Thread: California Classic Summer League

"Affordable housing" next to a 30 million dollar home.... If I'm Steph I'm saying the same thing. I wonder if they'll try to sully his name like they tried to do Chappelle when he said no to the development in his neighborhood...

When you buy a home you don't purchase the right to control
the future economic composition of the neighborhood, the surrounding properties and architecture decisions of other homeowners.

it's insane idea that somehow homeowners believe is their god given rights

might as well re institute prima nocta rights.
Steph Curry should also have the right to have sex with the wife of every new resident.

@HIM was trolling, man :lol: Between it being the NBA, LeBron breaking the most prestigious individual record in the sport with the current record holder in attendance (former Laker), Kobe (another former Laker) not being able to be there, all the other former players in attendance, etc…it is definitely going to turn into a spectacle

damn....I got HIM'd

• Sad
Reactions: HIM
We got the same shid but not as bad other than Monday. Plus they been out salting and sweeping streets since the weekend. So as long as you are on a main road you’re decent. My daughter been out or school all week, they’re making them do virtual. My ****ty *** boss still insists I come on site tho to sit in an empty office and not do a damn thing. I’m not going though, going to text him in an hour thr schools and this day care is closed (which is true) and there 2 four I will be teleworking and can be reached on Teams

Heres my sister’s dog Maxx from yesterday. They live in Ft Worth

10573DE0-6AFA-4D26-B1A4-D96769E402D3.jpeg

That Husky loving life right now. Probably ******* hates the Texas heat.

the future economic composition of the neighborhood, the surrounding properties and architecture decisions of other homeowners.

Steph Curry should also have the right to have sex with the wife of every new resident.
Let Dell handle that

Knicks fans gotta be the most delusional fanbase ever. Came up $500 on them bums who thought they could take us down last night

Apparently there was a vote and they voted no... They have the right to vote how they please, right?

Yall gotta take this Steph Curry house thing to General man. Talking about NOTHING. "If I had a Yacht I wouldn't want other boats near my yacht" just trying to interject yourself heavily into a conversation that you cant easily relate to.

Too bad I am in the BASKETBALL THREAD, not the "Housing permit thread" where my comments about basketball are RELEVANT

Thread would have like 6 pages if everything irrelevant was taken to general.

Apparently there was a vote and they voted no... They have the right to vote how they please, right?

sure, and they should be publicly shamed

The Bay Era could have been a massive economic engine that lifted millions of people out of poverty.
instead it's a economically gated community. that only billionaires and homeless people can afford.

Steph Curry should feel incredible shame.
anyone who supports it's NIMBY preservation should be shamed.

Cleveland doesn’t have a 3 that is starting over Bron, man :lol: I did think about this though because I wanted to see if Wade came off the bench at the end of his career (he did). No way Bron goes that route IMO.
Lol not now ofc but if Bron fulfills his contract with LoLA he’d be 41. Wade with all his injuries was a shell of himself but he had his moments.

Idk if there’s no way he does. Depends on the situation & his physical condition. Maybe he can look like his self but for only 15-20mpg? Do Bronny or Bryce get a shot somewhere?

Honestly, Bron retiring is probably the nail in the coffin for my childhood so to that I’m compelled to root for the brotha man’s health and longevity.

sure, and they should be publicly shamed

The Bay Era could have been a massive economic engine that lifted millions of people out of poverty.
instead it's a economically gated community. that only billionaires and homeless people can afford.

Steph Curry should feel incredible shame.
anyone who supports it's NIMBY preservation should be shamed.
I agree with the sentiment of your post and I also understand a dude not wanting affordable housing to be right next to his 30 million dollar mansion. I mean people in affordable housing tend to be lower income and lower income tends to breed crime.... I say this as someone who grew up in a poverty stricken area. It's on the Bay area's elected officials to find a solution to the housing problem, not Steph.

I would wager that 99% of this thread myself included are closer to being homeless than being able to afford a $30mm house. Have some sense.

Thread would have like 6 pages if everything irrelevant was taken to general.
Keep all the fun off topic stuff. Not dudes wanting to pretend they're the Monopoly man.

I would wager that 99% of this thread myself included are closer to being homeless than being able to afford a $30mm house. Have some sense.
Most of us are... What's your point? That's on your elected officials, not NBA players.

I mean if you 6’9, 260 pounds with no bag, what else are you supposed to do? Drive to the rim. Go crazy, take the records.
It's crazy. I've watched so many offensive greats who had an extensive "bag" and somehow Bron has outscored them all. Bron certainly isn't as fun to watch as, say, a Prime Kobe or Tmac but the guy is effective and efficient.

I agree with the sentiment of your post and I also understand a dude not wanting affordable housing to be right next to his 30 million dollar mansion. I mean people in affordable housing tend to be lower income and lower income tends to breed crime.... I say this as someone who grew up in a poverty stricken area. It's on the Bay area's elected officials to find a solution to the housing problem, not Steph.

you know why areas are "poverty stricken?"

because zoning laws trap all the poor people in one are,
where via property taxes, they have worse schools, less resources and less political representation.

mixed income zoning prevents crime and poverty.

the strict zoning creates the crime that they allegedly so worried about.
but they don't care because they know police will keep the poors away from them.

it's nasty.

Steph can always move 🤷🏽‍♂️

EXACTLY.

but they don't move because they want the economic dynamism of city life.
but they also want poor people to never look them in the eyes or even come with 10 miles of their home.

so they use their wealth and power to trap poor people in horrible neighborhoods where crime and poverty can fester.

leech behavior.

Keep all the fun off topic stuff. Not dudes wanting to pretend they're the Monopoly man.
The Chiney content can stay tho

you know why areas are "poverty stricken?"

because zoning laws trap all the poor people in one are,
where via property taxes, they have worse schools, less resources and less political representation.

mixed income zoning prevents crime and poverty.

the strict zoning creates the crime that they allegedly so worried about.
but they don't care because they know police will keep the poors away from them.

it's nasty.
You're not wrong... But that's on elected officials. Instead of being mad at Steph we should be mad that people are even allowed vote whether or not someone can build new buildings on land that voters don't even own🤷🏾‍♂️ I don't disagree with your post, I just think Steph isn't the person you should be upset with here.

Obviously there is probably a lack of salting, poor planning, but the issues seem like they’re mostly folks refusing to use common sense and caution.
You could have all the common sense in the world… If you’re not used to driving in those conditions, people are acting on instinct..and 9/10 their sliding on ice and slamming on the brakes which makes it worse.

Y’all woke up this morning and picked up where the “If you 6’9, 260 pounds with no bag, what else are you supposed to do? Drive to the rim. Go crazy, take the records” take left off.

It’s going to be quite the Wednesday in here :lol:

Who said that? Imma violate

GET HIM OSHHHHHHHHHHH

Back
Top Bottom