The Official NBA Season Thread: California Classic Summer League

Funny, most of the "I hate the Nets" comments are coming from Lakers fans.

They mad mad they couldn't get KI and now worst that KD was traded to the west to another Rival.

Lmao

Did the Nets goofed, yes!!!

But they sent both players to the west, to western rivals so they can duke it out.

I see no issues with that.

I’m interested in how the nets turn out. They have a bunch of B&C tier players but they are extra deep

Claxton
Bridges
DFS
Dinwiddie
Cam
Seth
Joe harris
Simmons
Cam johnson
Crowder

Tsai needs to sell the team. Marks needs to be fired. Nets literally had all the leverage over KD and the best player they could get in return for him is Mikal Bridges? Tf? They had Harden, Kyrie, and KD less than a year and a half ago and for those 3 hall of famers they got Spencer Dinwiddie, Cam Johnson, and Mikal Bridges? Dog I'd be mad as hell if I'm a nets fan. Back to irrelevancy y'all go.

Edit: Simmons so trash I genuinely forgot about him. Bum

Dog... That's a terrible haul for a player who is top 5 when healthy. You can take all the copium you want but the nets traded 3 hall of famers in a year for a bunch of rotational pieces. Mikal is the only one worth something. And picks mean nothing in the NBA unless they're top 4-5.

We have to stop acting like these guys are bums :lol: They SHOULD be good enough to at least be in play-in contention but completely blowing it up is the move for right now because they own a his years pick. This should drop them from #5 in the East to play-in or maybe even out of it which will be beneficial come the lottery time.

Really bad process by the Nets. Traded Kyrie for players to win now to appease KD (less young players / picks) just to trade KD a day later. Should have traded KD first if they were gonna blow it up.

Cheap Nets tickets byke very excited

While I understand the benefit of trading KD first do you not think they deserve a break due to the fact this trade request from Kyrie was foisted on them 6-7 days before the deadline? I think it’s very possible they intended to keep KD but then after Myrie was out, he wanted out too which would only further screw them. Plus they might as well miss the playoffs since they own this years pick. The whole thing happened so fast that it is hard to make sense of it.

I know Suns weren't in the greatest position but I don't know how you trade Durant, get back middling picks (at least to start) and not attach Simmons to the trade. Woof.

Could that have worked salary wise considering CP makes $30MM, Booker $34MM, Ayton $33MM and KD coming in at $43MM? Seems like they couldn’t afford to absorb Benjamin’s salary but you’re the cap expert so IDK.

what horrible trade for nets....4 first round picks with a talent like booker on the team for that span.....i'd bet they never pick in the top 16 - bridges is nice though

as stated perviously, can't get anywhere close to equal trade for a top 5-7 talent.

houston made out like bandits - going to get some amazing picks now that this nets team is garbage.

the problem in brooklyn was KD - he got what he wanted and it failed so he had to blame everyone else but himself
Simmons contract almost gonna guarantee the nets will suck. The rockets won

Houston got BKN’s 2024/2026 FRP and Ben comes off the books in 2025. Houston has a pick swap in 2023/2025/2027 which is somewhat interesting. Houston needs to start upgrading their roster after this season because the swaps with the Thunder come back into play in 2025 so it makes sense to get better sooner rather than later.

Don’t understand how folks think the Nets did something wrong here. They acquired a bunch of pieces they can flip into even more firsts if they choose. The Cryrie trade with the Mavs gave them more flexibility than the Laker offer. Not rocket science, just the usual dumb Laker fans mad I guess.

Nets tickets back to being dirt cheap again lol I love it.
Barclays revenue about to drastically drop now. Nobody coming to see this squad.

I don’t know if that’s true considering they operated at a loss (-$12MM) last year due to their $108MM luxury tax bill. I imagine that I will be significantly reduced with Kyrie and KD gone so they will actually make more money now. Probably in the bottom 10 but still better than a loss. 4D Chess.

Also, this Nets team as currently now constructed isn’t dropping out of the damn playoffs :lol:

Too many capable players. They’re no worse than teams like the Hawks and Knicks.

This just makes them a first round out instead of potential contenders like they may have been.

Brooklyn is like $20M over the tax line now. I’d assume they have some more moves to make to get under that.

I know Suns weren't in the greatest position but I don't know how you trade Durant, get back middling picks (at least to start) and not attach Simmons to the trade. Woof.

Simmons is the worst contract in the league tho,

No way you can include him without losing some of the assets in the trade.

Only place where Ben has value at is on Defense and I don’t think there’s a fit for him out there.Nobody should Easter assets to acquire him.

Cant shoot/score,bad contract, and has shaky availability :smh:

We have to stop acting like these guys are bums :lol: They SHOULD be good enough to at least be in play-in contention but completely blowing it up is the move for right now because they own a his years pick. This should drop them from #5 in the East to play-in or maybe even out of it which will be beneficial come the lottery time.

While I understand the benefit of trading KD first do you not think they deserve a break due to the fact this trade request from Kyrie was foisted on them 6-7 days before the deadline? I think it’s very possible they intended to keep KD but then after Myrie was out, he wanted out too which would only further screw them. Plus they might as well miss the playoffs since they own this years pick. The whole thing happened so fast that it is hard to make sense of it.

Could that have worked salary wise considering CP makes $30MM, Booker $34MM, Ayton $33MM and KD coming in at $43MM? Seems like they couldn’t afford to absorb Benjamin’s salary but you’re the cap expert so IDK.

Houston got BKN’s 2024/2026 FRP and Ben comes off the books in 2025. Houston has a pick swap in 2023/2025/2027 which is somewhat interesting. Houston needs to start upgrading their roster after this season because the swaps with the Thunder come back into play in 2025 so it makes sense to get better sooner rather than later.
It's not about them being "bums" it's about them being nowhere near the value of the guys they were traded for. If you told me a year ago that the best I could get for KD, Kyrie, and Harden is Ben Simmons, Mikal Bridges, Dinwiddie, and Johnson. I'd have laughed you out the building. At the very minimum I would expect a superstar and all star player in return.

Don’t understand how folks think the Nets did something wrong here. They acquired a bunch of pieces they can flip into even more firsts if they choose. The Cryrie trade with the Mavs gave them more flexibility than the Laker offer. Not rocket science, just the usual dumb Laker fans mad I guess.
A combo of folks reacting to there not being names coming back to the nets, failing to realize you can’t compare the rudy trade since Minnesota was just incredibly stupid to do that and that for whatever reason folks expect the suns to be bullet proof until 2030

It's not about them being "bums" it's about them being nowhere near the value of the guys they were traded for. If you told me a year ago that the best I could get for KD, Kyrie, and Harden is Ben Simmons, Mikal Bridges, Dinwiddie, and Johnson. I'd have laughed you out the building. At the very minimum I would expect a superstar and all star player in return.
That’s where you need to realize from year to year there’s these things called circumstances that arise that can affect value

Brooklyn is like $20M over the tax line now. I’d assume they have some more moves to make to get under that.
Going from $35MM over to $20MM definitely would benefit them. If they can get below $15MM then they would really be in business.

We need to stop acting like NBA picks hold the same value as NFL picks. Everything after the top 5 is a crapshoot. And even within the top 5 you got a large percentage of dudes who don't pan out like we expect... All 3 players alluded to there being dysfunction up top. Y'all gotta stop letting the nets fo off the hook. The silver lining for the nets is Bridges is a great young talent and we'll finally get to see if Cam Thomas live up to this potential he's shown us the last few games.

Back
Top Bottom