The Official NBA Season Thread: California Classic Summer League

Don’t think Ayton & Simmons can be on the same squad due to rookie extension rules and I doubt PHX does the trade if you include Ayton & Simmons.

More flexiblity might be true but if thinking Russ + 2 unprotected future Lakers pick is better than DFS, Spence & 1 unprotected pick then call me a dumb Laker fan.

Neither DFS or Spence is getting an unprotected first back. Lottery or lightly protected firsts are the most overrated asset in the nba. I know Russ/Simmons on the same squad would be hella ugly, but letting Russ run the team surrounded by shooters and solid players would’ve had them in a better position for the short term.

And 2 unprotected picks > 1 unprotected pick.

I get the angle of not giving Kyrie what he wants but no way you can tell me the Mavs package was better given what just happened.

“Dumb laker fans” tho

THEY know the Nets didn't trade Kyrie to the Lakers out of spite.

20230209_083822.jpg

That Nets 30 for 30 is gonna hit different

THEY know the Nets didn't trade Kyrie to the Lakers out of spite.

To spite Kyrie (not the Lakers) which is totally understandable from their perspective.

But don’t tell me the Mavs package was better than the others. Especially because Woj reported they were making a “win now” trade with Kyrie only to then turn around and trade KD like 24 hours later. That’s hilarious.

If you have leverage, you exercise it. They could have gotten a better deal in the off season. You're delusional if you think they couldn't have gotten a better haul than this. We'll revisit these takes in a few years.

Last Nets FRP for two years. I’d rather just rebuild than be a lottery team with KD this year and moving him in the offseason. I also think that maybe with more time they might have had time to put together a better plan.

“Dumb laker fans” tho

My whole thing about that tweet is not knowing exactly what went on behind the scenes. KD very well could have asked out after Myrie was moved hence why things happened the way they did/in that order. They also must have valued the extra years on Dinwiddie and DFS’ salary than the $47MM expiring. Instead of cap space it gives them future pieces to attach in trades.

This is another level of hate.

🤣
WASHED KING WASHED KING is actually right for once (outside his Derek Carr takes)

The Nets did trade Kyrie to the Mavs so he wouldn't end on the Lakers. Tsai got a decent haul and a F U to Kyrie wrapped in one. Masterclass :lol:

And I don't think we overvalue KD's talent, but I do think we overvalue his trade value. We see the Rudy Gobert trade as the measuring stick for trades for stars, but it's just as much as an outlier as the $240M guaranteed contract to Nasty Boy Watson. The KD haul was honest a decent haul, given his age, injury history, and most importantly, what was available. It's impossible to get a star for star trade in this era.

Not if he’s not healthy.

That hamstring is a real problem.

Booker coming off injury. History of hammys. KD coming off injury. Steph coming off injury. Clippers never healthy. AD never healthy.

Pelicans not in any different situation than anyone else in the west aside from denver and they are more talented than denver.

We still here. Still the favorites.

Last edited:
ESPN is running NBA Today from 1PM - 4PM EST then an NBA Today Trade Deadline Special from 4PM - 6PM EST on ESPN. 5 hours of trade predominately trade deadline talk and analysis is insane

He was ready and checked out in the summer, doubted those feelings magically disappeared this season.

Especially after the Myrie trade demand

My Kangz definitely took a hit last night with teams getting better but y’all about to see how great De’Aaron fox really is. He’s about to level all the way up.

Last Nets FRP for two years. I’d rather just rebuild than be a lottery team with KD this year and moving him in the offseason. I also think that maybe with more time they might have had time to put together a better plan.

My whole thing about that tweet is not knowing exactly what went on behind the scenes. KD very well could have asked out after Myrie was moved hence why things happened the way they did/in that order. They also must have valued the extra years on Dinwiddie and DFS’ salary than the $47MM expiring. Instead of cap space it gives them future pieces to attach in trades.
You think Brooklyn would’ve been a lotto team WITH KD? :lol: :smh:

Russ’ expiring contract would’ve done nothing for them besides tax relief. They weren’t going to have cap space to do anything serious with.

Back
Top Bottom