The Official NBA Season Thread: California Classic Summer League

people miss using terms like "respectability politics" always bugs me.

"respectability politics" is when you use appeals to respectability to DISTRACT from demands for social justice.
That’s definitely not the academic definition of the politics of respectability, but I digress. antidope antidope used it wrong too though

fd3b5588ad881702e1f02a553f236bc5_crop_exact.png

43fe223a2f2b48f1cc6e0065328fb1c2_crop_exact.jpg
Baseball got it right. This will forever live in my head…old man getting rag dolled in a full uniform lmao

tumblr_mc0b3eHIxw1rp7k5oo6_250.gif

Imagine Phil Jackson telling D’Antoni to sit the **** down while wearing a Lakers MLPS Throwback :wow: :pimp:

The only definitively annoying part about wearing a suit is if it’s unbearably hot.

The potentially annoying part is the dress shoes/loafers *if* you have to walk a lot. My former sneakerhead tendencies reveal themselves when it comes to that. I get regular shines (supporting the local economy :smokin ), I try to avoid creases by putting shoe trees In immediately (always kept a couple pair at my exes :lol: ), throw on beaters in inclement weather, have my cobbler do an inventory check every 6-12 months to dust everything off and see what work needs to be done to keep them looking crispy, yearly weatherproofing, etc.

Probably get better treatment than my Js did but that was In the case they were UNDS’d. At least these are getting worn :lol:

I understand wanting to present yourself well in a suit but why do we place more value on certain clothes?

Leading a presentation in a suit or cargo pants doesn't mean the person is more or less knowledgeable in their field. It's strictly optics.

because we are social animals,

anything we wear will communicate cultural ideas and values,
there is no way to escape that unless we become a different species.

The only definitively annoying part about wearing a suit is if it’s unbearably hot.

The potentially annoying part is the dress shoes/loafers *if* you have to walk a lot. My former sneakerhead tendencies reveal themselves when it comes to that. I get regular shines (supporting the local economy :smokin ), I try to avoid creases by putting shoe trees In immediately (always kept a couple pair at my exes :lol: ), throw on beaters in inclement weather, have my cobbler do an inventory check every 6-12 months to dust everything off and see what work needs to be done to keep them looking crispy, yearly weatherproofing, etc.

Probably get better treatment than my Js did but that was In the case they were UNDS’d. At least these are getting worn :lol:

Screen-Shot-2016-03-18-at-7.45.56-AM.jpg

What about sneakers and suits all the tv studio guys are doing now?

I understand wanting to present yourself well in a suit but why do we place more value on certain clothes?

Leading a presentation in a suit or cargo pants doesn't mean the person is more or less knowledgeable in their field. It's strictly optics.

It happens across nature.

Robert Williams will make a difference but this Embiid is different.

I agree. But it seems like the Celtics are just content to let him get his and force others to get involved to beat them. I still think Embiid needs to prove that his conditioning can be trusted throughout a deep playoff run.

To be fair to the coaches tho…

Not ONE coach had a mean suit game - None.

Flabby suits.

Style was different back then when a dress code was enforced. Now we have much younger coaches too and the suits are actually fitted/tailored.

Spoelstra and Quinn are a couple that come to mind.

What about sneakers and suits all the tv studio guys are doing now?

acceptable. sneakers and suits have genera become more culturally acceptable.

but cmon it would be dumb and seem less serious
if you tuned into that half time show, and Kenny and Shaq were wearing flabby half zip athleisure pullovers.

I hate wearing dress shoes even if I don't have to a walk alot, especially after dealing with some foot pain/arch issues. Haven't put on a pair in five years. Got a pair of 100 percent black Nike running shoes and have been wearing them with suits on the rare occasions I need to put on one. Haven't been called out on it yet.

For most of world, the line in Shawshank "Seriously, how often to you really look at a man's shoes?" is actually true. :lol:

GettyImages-482665120.jpg
Y-BAYERN-articleLarge.jpg

look at this loser,
doesn't he realize he'd be more comfortable in Nike tech fleece?
I knew this is where this was heading :lol:

Soccer coaches go all out with the menswear and 90% look sharp as hell so the thought of you watching them on the touchline getting fits off during a match then later watching NBA coaches on the sideline in their gym teacher/personal trainer get ups in disgust is killing me :rofl: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom