The Official NBA Season Thread: California Classic Summer League

8djmlhux9gsa1.png
Had no idea fleet was shooting this poorly.

If you can't get into the top eight after 82 games, that's it. You shouldn't be able to get the 10 seed & try to right your wrongs.

Ending a full six month, 82 game season with 20 of 30 teams being in contention is crazy to me.
That seems like the opposite of devaluing. The whole point was to give more teams incentive to compete rather than tank. There's not that big of a gap between 7-10 in either conference to say that all those teams aren't deserving. Teams used to pull the plug right after all star weekend and now they're still trying to make the playoffs. Luka just said as long as there's a chance he's going to keep playing where he probably would've been shut down weeks ago. It literally has increased the value of the regular season

I agree the play-in devalues the regular season. The mid-season tournament that they're implementing is gonna be the nail in the coffin. They really should've shortened the games when they had the game.

Yall want to add all star spots, add all NBA teams etc because there's so much competition.....but are against the play in?

I’m against the play in now because I don’t want the Lakers to have to play more games before a playoff series.

If they were the 9-10 seeds I would be for it.

To eliminate tanking the NBA would have to do something drastic like give every team who didn't make the finals the same odds to win the #1 pick:lol:

Not only did the play-in tournament give the teams in the 9/10/11 range incentive to not shut it down early, it also gave the teams in the 5/6/7 range incentive to compete to avoid the play-in tournament. You have to be more careful about trying to manipulate the matchups because you don't want to screw around and end up in a situation where 1 or 2 games can end your season. I think there'd be a lot more teams on cruise control the past few weeks without it.

Promising yet ominous news in regards to Middleton.

Everyone else is unimpressive enough to me, that I’m still rolling with the Bucks as the favorites even if Middleton misses time in the playoffs.

Mavericks winning tonight is straight up organizational malpractice.

So par for the course.

They had to create the play in so Bron could have a chance to make the playoffs each year 😂
Not as funny to get a take off but lakers 7th this year and 7th the first year of play in. So you can argue it made it harder to make playoffs for lebron.

Back
Top Bottom