The Official NBA Season Thread: California Classic Summer League

I mean obviously he’s earned everything he’s done but acting like he’s this massive underdog story has always been nasty when he’s literally had every advantage you could imagine to get to this point. That’s pretty undeniable on top of him being one of the most special talents to play the sport. Both of these things can be true.
They are. I love nepsotism overall. It gave us a special talent and I wish everyone had the opportunity that Steph Curry had.

I mean obviously he’s earned everything he’s done but acting like he’s this massive underdog story has always been nasty when he’s literally had every advantage you could imagine to get to this point. That’s pretty undeniable on top of him being one of the most special talents to play the sport. Both of these things can be true.
I get this but I don’t think cause a dude didn’t grow up struggling didn’t mean he didn’t have to overcome some adversity to make it where he is. The same advantages can breed a lack of that dawg

From no high major offers to a top 10 player in this era is a feat

I guess that takes Utah out of the Kuzma sweepstakes? And to a lesser extent, Grant Williams.

Beal was also preaching the same “loyalty” message but no one other than the Wiz FO believed it.

The moment he signed, he knew he was out of there in a year or two.

Dame on the other hand was genuine to wanting to win with the franchise, but he’s times up and he needs to admit it.

Being loyal to the Washington Wizards was never believable

I still like Collins, he was just a bad fit with what the Hawks do.

Not sure about the fit with Utah either. I would've liked to seen him in Indy.

I get this but I don’t think cause a dude didn’t grow up struggling didn’t mean he didn’t have to overcome some adversity to make it where he is. The same advantages can breed a lack of that dawg

From no high major offers to a top 10 player in this era is a feat
But I don’t even think it’s just about struggling. He literally grew up in a NBA locker room :lol:. I praise him for taking advantage of what he had, and there are certainly plenty of dudes who didn’t or don’t have his ability. But he’s not this underdog story man. There’s a reason why the league is trending towards more and more kids from former players and/or more privileged backgrounds as this business grows bigger and bigger.

Back
Top Bottom