The Official NBA Season Thread: California Classic Summer League

More like they unloaded his contract.

Seems to be the thing now.

Expecting more teams to do the same.
Only way it was gonna happen. Collins don’t have value to get a real player back out of. Hunter might I can see some teams tricking themselves into thinking they can fix him.

Tropic-Thunder.png

I think Steph's success is a product mainly of his talent and work ethic

But his having a wealthy NBA player father helped. One of the popular stories he likes to tell is about his dad and him spending a summer working on retooling his jump shot. And how long and hard they worked on that, and how it helped his career.

Most working fathers won't have time dedicated to doing such a thing. Unless he worked in certain fields like education

Dell was also in the league and got coaching he can then transfer to Steph. He could have his coaches work with Steph

A trainer to do something like that would be insanely expensive. Even for an upper-middle-class family

So it is not like any involved dad could pull this off, Dell's unique situation directly benefited Steph.

So when people see a story about him being marketed as mainly an underdog story, of course, some people will look that funny.

Maybe Steph is an underdog in a narrow basketball sense, but when things like this are marketed to the media it is presented to audiences like the odds were stacked against Steph compared to the median prospect. IMO, doesn't seem like they were.

Making the league and becoming an all-star is a low-probability event, of course. It takes hard work, of course. But Steph benefitted from things growing up that most other prospects don't.

I think it is fair for people to take into account his luck of having Dell as a dad when it comes to the trajectory of his career.

Unrelated but still crazy to me how you can get tired of a woman in a relationship. Especially considering how much you desired them in the beginning and they're probably still bad with a line of dudes chasing.
Everything becomes old that’s just human nature. Change is apart of life
Show me 20 bad bishes
I’ll show you 20 dudes that’s sick & tired of em
Ain’t nothin like new 🐱
🩸

Last edited:
I think Steph's success is a product mainly of his talent and work ethic

But his having a wealthy NBA player father helped. One of the popular stories he likes to tell is about his dad and him spending a summer working on retooling his jump shot. And how long and hard they worked on that, and how it helped his career.

Most working fathers won't have time dedicated to doing such a thing. Unless he worked in certain fields like education

Dell was also in the league and got coaching he can then transfer to Steph. He could have his coaches work with Steph

A trainer to do something like that would be insanely expensive. Even for an upper-middle-class family

So it is not like any involved dad could pull this off, Dell's unique situation directly benefited Steph.

So when people see a story about him being marketed as mainly an underdog story, of course, some people will look that funny.

Maybe Steph is an underdog in a narrow basketball sense, but when things like this are marketed to the media it is presented to audiences like the odds were stacked against Steph compared to the median prospect. IMO, doesn't seem like they were.

Making the league and becoming an all-star is a low-probability event, of course. It takes hard work, of course. But Steph benefitted from things growing up that most other prospects don't.

I think it is fair for people to take into account his luck of having Dell as a dad when it comes to the trajectory of his career.
Also add that people like Steph, Kobe, Klay and Bron’s kids were not looking for a job at McDonald’s etc., as a teenager. If they’re truly serious they have all the resources to put the work in. Working to get new school clothes or shoes during the summer isn’t a concern when the family is already well off.

Oh ****, RJ could be a Raptor if my worst nightmares come true.

Again, 🙏 it’s Julius in any major movement but this FO already had him out there on the market so he ain’t exactly safe.

Do my eyes deceive me??!????? The mythical John collins trade has finally happened ?!
Him and Beal. Dame has to be next now :lol:

John the Baptist. My guy was 20/10 once upon a time :lol: . Excellent job of killing his value between playing hardball before & during the RFA negotiations & marginalizing him in the offense even before the Bey trade.

Him and Beal. Dame has to be next now :lol:

John the Baptist. My guy was 20/10 once upon a time :lol: . Excellent job of killing his value between playing hardball before & during the RFA negotiations & marginalizing him in the offense even before the Bey trade.

I swear if Dame doesn't request a trade today. I don't want to see his name in headlines anymore.

Back
Top Bottom