The Official NBA Season Thread: California Classic Summer League

Mavs were recruiting JVG to join their coaching staff just a few weeks ago. :emoji_thinking:

Be weird to see him on the sidelines again. Been like 15 years since he coached the Rockets.

NBA is by far the most entertaining sport and ESPN knows it. They had a two hour special leading up to the trade deadline then another two hour special afterwards to discuss Al the moves. Now today they have another three hour special leading up the start of free agency at 6PM EDT.

Less than 12 hours to CHAOS
1688122141953.gif
Easy bro. NFL is still king by far. NBA free agency is king though strictly because of guaranteed contracts and overpaying dudes

Nah, you are probably right and that might have been excitement for the start of free agency talking :lol: The NFL has narratives and some drama but I don't think it is as attention grabbing as the NBA although the NFL is more popular.

NBA off-season got more action because of the way the league is set up but the NFL draft killed the NBA draft with no top 3 prospect ever type players.

Easy bro. NFL is still king by far. NBA free agency is king though strictly because of guaranteed contracts and overpaying dudes

NBA off-season got more action because of the way the league is set up but the NFL draft killed the NBA draft with no top 3 prospect ever type players.

The bolded is really what I was getting at. Yes, there is more NFL coverage from January 1 through Dec 31. I heard Courtney Cronin countdown 69 days until opening kickoff for Chiefs vs. Lions on TNF. I'm not denying that it is more widely covered and the more popular sport.

However, I think the NBA shenanigans, particularly around the trade deadline and offseason, are more entertaining than the NFL. I believe that ESPN also recognizes this and capitalizes on those entertainment aspects through these specials whereas NFL coverage is more of "regularly schedule programming".

Back
Top Bottom