The Official NBA Season Thread: California Classic Summer League

It'll settle in eventually and won't be quite so over the top

I think he's going to be impactful from day one. This notion that it isn't going to take some time though is probably slightly ridiculous.
The whole NBA, the media is hyping him up like he’s going to be a star from day one… …”all star rookie year”…Yet he has his “welcome to the nba” moment getting dunked on by a nobody in summer league? With 5 points? He looks like a wet noodle.

The whole NBA, the media is hyping him up like he’s going to be a star from day one… …”all star rookie year”…Yet he has his “welcome to the nba” moment getting dunked on by a nobody in summer league? With 5 points? He looks like a wet noodle.
Look he's gonna be really, really good. You already see the ball handling, the defensive game changing stuff, all that. It's there.

It will take some time.

I think he's going to be impactful from day one. This notion that it isn't going to take some time though is probably slightly ridiculous.

Look he's gonna be really, really good. You already see the ball handling, the defensive game changing stuff, all that. It's there.

It will take some time.

I think this AM I heard one of the ESPN contributors say that he should be like 20-10 and All-Defense…THIS YEAR.

With a lot of bad teams being really bad and talent evaluation being so spotty, I am not putting a lot of stock into a top pick prior to their first game. Taking some time should really be the expectation for all prospects in this era.

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t a certain someone get dunked on as well in Summer League and then Nke confiscated the tapes
30CD5648-B794-48C9-9ADE-C85516C8CF81.gif

His camp

It will take some time.
OK, but you see how people can become fatigued by him already… ?Top NBA analyst and insiders say he’s going to be an all-star this year. The hype is too much. Not to mention the fact that i gotta hear and see the name “wemby” for the next 20 years because its easier to say and type. Sounds like a nickname for someones fat younger brother.

I think this AM I heard one of the ESPN contributors say that he should be like 20-10 and All-Defense…THIS YEAR.

With a lot of bad teams being really bad and talent evaluation being so spotty, I am not putting a lot of stock into a top pick prior to their first game. Taking some time should really be the expectation for all prospects in this era.
Heard another say that he's a bust if he's merely as good as AD, KD or Hakeem Olajuwon lol

Back
Top Bottom