The Official NBA Season Thread: California Classic Summer League

Don't think the Saudis could get top flight stars in their respective primes, but they could probably get washed up stars. Someone like Harden in two years months.

Harden when he sees the offer

efjcalszrn241.jpg

saudis don't have a history of the sports they're trying to barge into these days
even when they're able to lock in a big name, it's not enough.
their sports leagues are utter trash with no pull from a global audience.
i just don't see it happening in their country.

My guess is they’re trying to get the African and Asian audience.

The western audience will never watch Arab sports even if it’s good.

I do agree with the issue that it’s inorganic and not sustainable.

Will the NBA players theoretically be able to fly out pros and **** on their chest?

I heard they do that out there or is that a myth?

It would take just about 2 seasons of paying dudes 20 mil a game to play in front of 500 fans in a high school gym with no big media deal before those folks overseas shut it down themselves :lol:

If we haven’t heard about Saudi basketball yet then it’s not even on the radar…They been trying to build up soccer in that country for years so it makes sense what they doing offering crazy bags with that sport, but hoops ain’t there yet…They are more likely to invest or take over a whole NBA squad than pay Bron 600 milly to play in their league

I dont think the Saudis care about basketball and pulling in nba players. We safe. Also, best believe if they started pulling american stars from any sport, they'd have the CIA put a stop to it quick through various "allegations"

It would take just about 2 seasons of paying dudes 20 mil a game to play in front of 500 fans in a high school gym with no big media deal before those folks overseas shut it down themselves :lol:

If we haven’t heard about Saudi basketball yet then it’s not even on the radar…They been trying to build up soccer in that country for years so it makes sense what they doing offering crazy bags with that sport, but hoops ain’t there yet…They are more likely to invest or take over a whole NBA squad than pay Bron 600 milly to play in their league

And from what I recall, unless it’s a personal investor, the NBA doesn’t allow sovereign wealth funds to own NBA Teams.

Yeah that’s fair, my last message was more for the group. It’s Saudi so naturally there will be a ton of misconceptions here.

I’m sure Saudi would look to buy an NBA franchise in the future tho.

Qatar & the UAE have already been prospecting.

They need to hurry up and buy the Knicks please.

In Dubai and that area it seems like they love spectacles

A league of relevant stars based out there seems unlikely but if they can somehow get like a tournament or some kind of annual event that’d be dope

They have crazy *** mma events there with loaded cards and they were trying to get a boxing heavyweight tournament. I think they got a washed Floyd out there

Back
Top Bottom