The Official NBA Season Thread: California Classic Summer League

Who knows? But is it a stretch to say yes, I don’t think so

On the flip side is siakam taking them to even a conference finals… And you’re gonna pay him a max …

Again if you get him without dumping your lottery picks, sure
I think Indiana would settle for being a Top 4 team consistently. Their owner likes just being a good, winning shop. Locking in a guy who has made All NBA to play second fiddle to Hali is a no brainer with that in mind. There’s not a realistic move out there that makes me think that’s a conference finals team, but you get a guy like Siakam and who knows what happens with injuries or luck in some years.

Pacers were pseudo-contenders for years in the early 2010s. I don't think they regret signing David West.

I think Indiana would settle for being a Top 4 team consistently. Their owner likes just being a good, winning shop. Locking in a guy who has made All NBA to play second fiddle to Hali is a no brainer with that in mind. There’s not a realistic move out there that makes me think that’s a conference finals team, but you get a guy like Siakam and who knows what happens with injuries or luck in some years.

Teams like to overvalue their young prospects. For the position the Pacers are in, I wouldnt hesitate to move a Mathurin, Jackson, Obi, or Walker for Siakam
Yeah I get that, people killed the Kings for trading Halliburton but the Kings' goals were what they were. It panned out for them so far

Without that lens, I don't think it's a great process

It's one thing to overvalue a young prospect for an All-NBAer in his mid 20's but this is Siakam who might be like in his 30's. Slight difference there

Bingo.

It’s not like waiting for Brandon Ingram to potentially be available is really going to be any different than just getting Siakam. It’s perfectly fine for a market like this to just make the team be the best they can reasonably get. It’s not the end of the world if they aren’t a true contender at the end of the day.

Playing 5 out with a bunch of good shooters which would allow Siakam to have the space to spam his spin move should theoretically be pretty tough to guard. Better than what they have now.

420115752_759563276206068_4079355324728089947_n.jpg

5huR.gif

Back
Top Bottom