The Official NBA Season Thread: California Classic Summer League

People talk about Shaq and others underachieving- Rasheed gotta be near the top of that list, champion or not

I contend he SHOULD have been thee greatest PF.

There was nothing he couldn't do on the court, physically. Guard 1-5, unlimited range, post up, solid passer, he had every tool.

Mentally or maybe mentality....... :smh:

There was nothing he couldn't do on the court, physically. Guard 1-5, unlimited range, post up, solid passer, he had every tool.

that’s stretching it. part of being great is having that motor. he doesn’t have the motor to go hard for 40 mins a game for 82 games. That’s what separates good from great usually - consistency of excellence.

And while he was skilled he wasn’t overtly skilled at any one piece of it he was kind of like Lamar Odom in that regards. Sheed was a 8/10 good shooter, 9/10 good defender, 7/10 scorer on the low block, etc etc. Usually to be great you have to be dominant at one aspect.

that’s stretching it. part of being great is having that motor. he doesn’t have the motor to go hard for 40 mins a game for 82 games. That’s what separates good from great usually - consistency of excellence.

And while he was skilled he wasn’t overtly skilled at any one piece of it he was kind of like Lamar Odom in that regards. Sheed was a 8/10 good shooter, 9/10 good defender, 7/10 scorer on the low block, etc etc. Usually to be great you have to be dominant at one aspect.
Rasheed and Odom both should have seemingly achieved more as individual players

Good on them that they were role players on title teams

But Someone like Jermaine O’Neal made some all nba teams

Ironically Rasheed and Odom were both #4 picks- neither had a single all nba, Odom didn’t even make an all star team

no reason other than mental that they never made all nba

Not saying Jermaine wouldn’t switch careers with them but still

I don't know about thee greatest but he shoulda had a better individual career. Only 4 all-star teams. At the same time he was ahead of his time. He was a stretch 4 before it was a thing. If he was in this era he would probably avg a lot more.

Rasheed and Odom both should have seemingly achieved more as individual players

Good on them that they were role players on title teams

But Someone like Jermaine O’Neal made some all nba teams

Ironically Rasheed and Odom were both #4 picks- neither had a single all nba, Odom didn’t even make an all star team

no reason other than mental that they never made all nba

Not saying Jermaine wouldn’t switch careers with them but still

that’s what i mean though. theres certain players with a talent in an individual game to do well but to sustain it is a part of being great. they just didn’t have the skills nor motor to consistently do that in my opinion because they played a jack of all trades pre-Draymond swiss army knife skillet. To be all NBA type player you have to be a dominant go to scorer. Neither ever was that and there’s far too many guys above them that were in their eras. they had dray type value where their impact usually was more than the stats they put out.

Sheed and LO maxed out in my opinion they were super excellent 3rd main guy on a team but never really could have been more than that. Same as Pipp being the best robin

That HOU team deserved a chip :smh:

How can someone deserve something that has to be fought to get? If you are giving Yao and TMAC invincibility, are other teams going to be allowed the same luxury?

Say injuries were turned off for the entire league, would they have even been the favorites at any point of them teaming together?

aepps20 aepps20 is this your Twitter?

No lies detected.
IMG_2309.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom