The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA Draft

The consensus was Brunson was overpaid at the time NY gave him that contract. No one actually believed he was that good in a small sample size even though he proved it on the biggest stage.

After how much was made about him playing terribly against LAC, he wouldn't take a 55 million deal?

I'm not buying that logic. They failed to offer him a deal, twice. They got greedy and wanted to try and see if they could trade him for someone before the deadline

Terrible process through and through man
I absolutely do not buy that a starting lead guard is signing the same deal DFS got regardless of how he played in that playoff series.

I really don't.

Can argue all day whether or not they should've maxed him out this summer - and I said in here all last season I didn't think they had a choice - but I don't buy the 55 million dollar spin from his camp whatsoever. They were laying groundwork.

Honestly, even if you wanna take Brunson's words with a grain of salt, I don't think coming into that year many teams lining up saying "yeah, we're gonna pay him out"

On expecting big money:

“Not at all. It’s something — we were actually just talking about it with my dad, we were on vacation in Jamaica, kind of the same time the year before. As soon as we got there, I remember we were talking the last time we were here about signing an extension as soon as we get the opportunity. I said, ‘We basically just doubled that,'” Brunson shared.

I absolutely do not buy that a starting lead guard is signing the same deal DFS got regardless of how he played in that playoff series.

I really don't.

Can argue all day whether or not they should've maxed him out this summer - and I said in here all last season I didn't think they had a choice - but I don't buy the 55 million dollar spin from his camp whatsoever. They were laying groundwork.
This was in January before the Playoffs though

They failed to offer him an extension in the summer and all the way into the trade deadline

Honestly, even if you wanna take Brunson's words with a grain of salt, I don't think coming into that year many teams lining up saying "yeah, we're gonna pay him out"

On expecting big money:

“Not at all. It’s something — we were actually just talking about it with my dad, we were on vacation in Jamaica, kind of the same time the year before. As soon as we got there, I remember we were talking the last time we were here about signing an extension as soon as we get the opportunity. I said, ‘We basically just doubled that,'” Brunson shared.
I don't think teams were lining up to pay him out.

I think one team was. And I think everybody in his camp knew that all along.
This was in January before the Playoffs though

They failed to offer him an extension in the summer and all the way into the trade deadline
I know the timeline. And I don't think even then he was signing that deal. Not close.

I don't think teams were lining up to pay him out.

I think one team was. And I think everybody in his camp knew that all along.

I know the timeline. And I don't think even then he was signing that deal. Not close.
That's fine, I'm just saying why bring up the Playoffs when they didn't occur yet

To not offer the extension to begin with in the Summer is inexcusable. It's one thing if he rejects it, sure. To just let it play out--- what is the upside of that?

DAC1B415-BA0C-4C71-8680-641960ABE5BC.jpeg
97C9D9BA-9763-4DFC-BA6C-DE1018B83E71.jpeg
1671573007920.jpeg

Forgot about the Wolves too

(also seeing Mateen Cleaves photo everywhere makes me feel hella washed. Wonder if Ishbia gets him a job with the Suns- I just read Cleaves works for UWM)

For those who are not too familiar with him, Mat Ishbia has been trying to own a pro sports team for years. He was trying to own a football team too. Mat been sending me his "3-Points" emails for months, turns out he was foreshadowing lol

I wouldn't be surprised if one day he moves the Suns to Vegas 👀

Screenshot_20221220_143704_Outlook.jpg
Screenshot_20221220_142836_Outlook.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom