The Official NBA Season Thread: Player Option Day

Capture.PNG

Seems about right.

Jalen Brunson’s Knicks are better than Jalen Brunson’s Mavknicks from last year. A run to the ECF is not impossible tho the conference comp is better here than in the West.
Additionally, these Knicks are so much better than the ‘21 iteration that last went into the postszn.

Elfrid Payton isn’t even in the league anymore, better Dubious and well prepared youts that fit the culture.

Also one of the more physical teams that like to bang & bully rather than fade & shy away from contact [Cam Reddish, ‘6ers].

Mobb Deep is the best in the league when alladem have it going [IQ, Obi, the Hart bros]. 2 legit starters there, and role players that are stars in their role, so no surprise they have such overwhelming production.

The question mark/enigma that is RJ will be a large determinant in this run as well. Defense was good in game 1 & he contributed despite the woeful shooting.

Son has a tendency of showing up in big moments so I’m still hopeful for a moment or two at least. More importantly tho, he can’t be a liability on the defense.

X factors this year looking like RJ x IQ x MitchRob’s health.

Cleveland doesn’t look like a team ready for the big show; super talented and young.

NY hasn’t even unleashed their best perimeter defender at the POA and made game 1 a classic Eastern conference struggle.

Funny to me how the media has been hyping up the Knicks since forever, but now that they’re somewhat good, it’s kinda quiet. I guess they don’t have that household name star factor, but as a team, they’re legit.

I still remember how bad Peja choked in that game 7 against the Lakers
I remember how these guys screwed the Kings.

Imo, that is one part in NBA history that shouldn't be even talked about if we are talking about players.

Attachments

• tim-donaghy.jpg
    tim-donaghy.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 815
  • stern.jpg
    stern.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 875
I still can’t believe KD played 45 minutes last night and only shot the ball once in the last 6 minutes of the game.
I’m not surprised by KD to be honest. Missing those games he missed was huge because they still haven’t completely meshed yet and they don’t yet know what offense they want to run.

Back
Top Bottom